New Injuries: Ford, Lewis, Dodson

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That doesn't sound good. We have been relatively healthy these last couple of seasons for the most part. This year, probably due to the weird offseason we had, it is catching up with us more. 

• Like (+1) 1

When the DL can’t stop anything, it’s no wonder we have the walking wounded at linebacker now.  

That unit is truly destroying the entire team.  

No run stopping ability and the linebackers are in the line of fire every play.  Edmunds has been hurt all year.  Milano is missing multiple games.  Dodson hurt again.  

No pass rushing ability and our secondary has to cover for an eternity.  

Just a gross collection of players up front. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

When the DL can’t stop anything, it’s no wonder we have the walking wounded at linebacker now.  

No run stopping ability and the linebackers are in the line of fire every play.  Edmunds has been hurt all year.  Milano is missing multiple games.  Dodson hurt again.  

Hindsight is 20/20, but I would rather have Phillips and Lawson over Jefferson, Butler, and Addison. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If Mongo can come back that’d be huge. 

Roll out Spain at LG and Mongo at RG. Winters and Ford have been atrocious.

I have to agree with this, William at RT would be an upgrade over Ford’s play last year as well. In theory, we’d see a better line than last year. 
Dodson and Lewis is tough to absorb given they are backups playing for injured starters.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If Mongo can come back that’d be huge. 

Roll out Spain at LG and Mongo at RG. Winters and Ford have been atrocious.

Spain is hurt I think but maybe he can come back. I think mongo was targeting week 7 so fingers crossed 

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The role of a linebacker is not to be a DT. Losing Jordan & Star and replacing them with Butler & Jefferson is useless. And obviously Ed needs Star more than we ever thought. The play of the DL has made every LB/DB look terrible. Complete trickle down.

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The role of a linebacker is not to be a DT. Losing Jordan & Star and replacing them with Butler & Jefferson is useless. And obviously Ed needs Star more than we ever thought. The play of the DL has made every LB/DB look terrible. Complete trickle down.

My God the re gurgitating of the star is the reason narrative is starting to get old. People are just spitting out a popular board take at this point and honestly who knows if he would even make a difference.

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but I would rather have Phillips and Lawson over Jefferson, Butler, and Addison. 

Addison is on schedule for 8-10 sacks which few here thought he would reach. That's fine IMO. Butler and Jefferson have obviously been expensive duds. Phillips got $30 mill over 4 years but his cap hit next year is $12, so it would have been tough. Lawson is solid (better than Murphy and Hughes) but not an elite rusher. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ford carted off last night - 

It's unfortunate for them but Lewis and Dodson injuries shouldn't be pivotal. They are promising fringe players. Ford is a starting guard but he's not lived up to his dominant billing from the draft. I think Spain is fine. I hope that they can accept that the Winters signing hasn't worked and relegate him to depth.

• Like (+1) 1

Injuries are a major factor with the Bills. It happens without a real training camp.  They bye week is perfectly situated. They get to 7-3 and get healthy over the bye week and they can make the playoff push with a healthy team.  I think there are going to be a lot of injuries early on just due to conditioning.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Unfortunately, that's true this morning.  Plus Star.  

The defensive line last season could stand it's ground.  Not this season.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Injuries are a major factor with the Bills. It happens without a real training camp.  They bye week is perfectly situated. They get to 7-3 and get healthy over the bye week and they can make the playoff push with a healthy team.  I think there are going to be a lot of injuries early on just due to conditioning.

Lets not put the Jets game in the win column yet.  Waiting to see Frank Gore drop 200 on them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At this point the entire defense is a mess.

People want edmunds benched... but milano and dodson are banged up so... not sure who you want to put in.

Klein - same thing.

Dline - they did bench guys, the new guys didn't do much either.  

Nickel CB is a struggle.  Norman made a nice play, but lets not forget how absolutely toasted he got the week before.  

The safeties aren't playing as well either.  Poyer has to make a play on that ball to kelce - not sure if he was worried about him breaking in on a post.  I wouldn't blame white there as it seemed like cover 2 so he has the crosser in front.  He bails for kelce and the crosser probably walks in anyway.

Passing without comment on the network (SHAMEFUL!)  and I haven't seen mentioned here.

Cody Ford was injured on the failed 4th and 1 conversion at the start of the 4th Q.  I saw him being attended to on the field and in the glimpse the network allowed us, it appeared to me they were focused on his knee.  "Return doubtful".

Any information?  He takes a lot of hate here but he would be a big, big loss to our OL