New Injuries: Ford, Lewis, Dodson

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

Isn't White supposed to make contact with Kelce to slow him down before taking account of the HB running in the flat?

I believe he was off coverage to start - so if he had made contact with Kelce it would have been illegal contact down field.

His job is short outside zone - the safety has deep zone.  Kelce ran an intermediate zone based route and KC had a short zone route underneath.  

If white drops deeper to prevent the throw to Kelce - then he is 3-5 yards deep into the end zone making the underneath throw easy and a TD also.

It was the perfect route combo call for what the Bills did and was executed perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I believe he was off coverage to start - so if he had made contact with Kelce it would have been illegal contact down field.

His job is short outside zone - the safety has deep zone.  Kelce ran an intermediate zone based route and KC had a short zone route underneath.  

If white drops deeper to prevent the throw to Kelce - then he is 3-5 yards deep into the end zone making the underneath throw easy and a TD also.

It was the perfect route combo call for what the Bills did and was executed perfectly.

I am watching the clip right now, Tre was aligned on the line of scrimmage in outside shade, he called the "switch" right from the start, probably he didn't push Kelce because he was afraid to get beaten by the swing pass to the flat. I am not so much into the X and Os to understand the responsabilities though... :(

Correction: the HB ran an out route

Edited by PaoloBillsFanFromItaly

On 10/20/2020 at 9:16 AM, Seoulofstone said:

Addison is on schedule for 8-10 sacks which few here thought he would reach. That's fine IMO. Butler and Jefferson have obviously been expensive duds. Phillips got $30 mill over 4 years but his cap hit next year is $12, so it would have been tough. Lawson is solid (better than Murphy and Hughes) but not an elite rusher. 

I get so tired of hearing Lawson was not an "elite" pass rusher. So what. He was very good at setting the edge. How many times have we seen the opposing offense and qbs take it around the edge for first downs and big gains this year now that he is gone. You need someone good at setting the edge, as well as someone good at rushing the passer.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:22 AM, thebandit27 said:

If Mongo can come back that’d be huge. 

Roll out Spain at LG and Mongo at RG. Winters and Ford have been atrocious.

I thought Sal said he has to come back by the 26th (Monday) or can’t come back this year.  He has a 21 day window is what I thought he said, but happy for any clarification.  Given he’s been practicing, they probably will activate him for the Pats game.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:17 AM, SCBills said:

When the DL can’t stop anything, it’s no wonder we have the walking wounded at linebacker now.  

That unit is truly destroying the entire team.  

No run stopping ability and the linebackers are in the line of fire every play.  Edmunds has been hurt all year.  Milano is missing multiple games.  Dodson hurt again.  

No pass rushing ability and our secondary has to cover for an eternity.  

Just a gross collection of players up front. 

I actually thought that with all the additions that have been made this offseason our DL would be the strength of this defense, boy was I wrong 

9 hours ago, simpleman said:

I get so tired of hearing Lawson was not an "elite" pass rusher. So what. He was very good at setting the edge. How many times have we seen the opposing offense and qbs take it around the edge for first downs and big gains this year now that he is gone. You need someone good at setting the edge, as well as someone good at rushing the passer.

Fine but as an edge setter Lawson doesn't deserve the large contract that Miami gave him. Addison consistently gets around 10 sacks a year AND has been excellent at setting the edge. It's a pity they don't use him more than Hughes and Murphy who are liabilities.

The downturn in defense isn't because of swapping Addison for Lawson which at worst is a wash, but because lots of other highly paid guys aren't doing their jobs.

I

42 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Fine but as an edge setter Lawson doesn't deserve the large contract that Miami gave him. Addison consistently gets around 10 sacks a year AND has been excellent at setting the edge. It's a pity they don't use him more than Hughes and Murphy who are liabilities.

The downturn in defense isn't because of swapping Addison for Lawson which at worst is a wash, but because lots of other highly paid guys aren't doing their jobs.

I don't have access to the All 20 ,so I can't see how Addison is doing setting the edge. I only know when watching the TV broadcast I'm constantly screaming "set the *** edge" just before someone sprints along the outside for a big gain or a first down.  Nobody seems to know how to set the edge this year on defense. Lawson did it consistently last year.

• Like (+1) 1