Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

14 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Really? You have no idea what you’re talking about. What McD has done in such a short time boarders on miraculous. Accept that we’re not ready for prime time yet and that’s okay. It’s where we are right now. As long as Beane and McDermott keep building this team up, I am satisfied. Eventually we’ll be championship material. Because everybody jumped the gun and wanted us to be Super Bowl ready doesn’t mean we are.

Amazing. A few weeks ago everyone here is talking about McD being COY consideration and bad mouthing Vrabel. Now its pitchforks and torches for McD and songs of praise and bouquets of flowers for Vrabel. The past few years have been an improvement and this team despite the bumps still has a promising future. Yes there is still work to be done, they are not finished yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

McD has to light a fire.  Started with benchings today, and may see a trade or two soon.  Coaching can only do so much; we have guys in both lines that are simply getting beat physically.

So true 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The win against Dallas was pretty solid last year.

He's a middling sort of HC, though.

The Dallas game was it. Sean is amazing as a motivational coach and teaching his so called PROCESS. But, as a game day technician he's absolutely awful. I'm not asking for a mad scientist like Belichick who can scheme any team thru it's weaknesses. But for God's sake Sean, have a plan. That Houston game gave us a great insight into his weakness. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I ***** love how these takes come out once we lose and were nowhere to be found after our 4-0 start. Pathetic. 

Gotta call it both sides.

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Wake up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Not really but we were 4-0 with outstanding wins over LA and LV so

I think the majority of people think everything is hunky dory when they win, and blow up the place when they lose....

I try to be measured win or lose, but the D has been awful this whole year.. 

After last week's game I was confident that McDermott would turn it around, where as now I am drifting into hoping he turns it around otherwise I think we are heading to 8-8 territory even after the 4-0 start...

17 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Look at Dallas this year too, they have been one of the softest teams. Honestly the rams and raiders wins were probably their best wins, just not prime time games. 

Pop the Dolphins in there now as they would be #1 in the east if we didn't win. 

8 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Wow.  The sky is falling already 

Sky isn't falling but there is legit cause for concern here.  

Not being able to run the ball is going to negatively affect every phase of the Bills' game - and that's just one of the problems.

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m not ready to burn McD at the stake just yet (don’t ask me about Frazier), but this just doesn’t hold water.

This is year 4. We’re losing games where we don’t show up (last week) and we’re losing games where we are beating ourselves (this week). It’s not good. We should be an upper echelon team, so far we’ve wilted.

This is spot-on. Good teams in year 4 don't get B-slapped all over home turf by another team's second string patch work Oline. No discipline,  no heart, no clue.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Sky isn't falling but there is legit cause for concern here.  

Not being able to run the ball is going to negatively affect every phase of the Bills' game - and that's just one of the problems.

I get that but to blame McDermott for a shoddy D line that we all knew wasn't good enough is a little much. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Wade Phillips is/was better.

The only reason this team made the playoffs in 2017 & 2019 was because of the schedule but for fans that paid attention this defense was terrible then too especially against the NFL's elite teams, they simply padded their numbers around a bunch of bottom feeders and mediorce teams for the most part.

You don't get to top 5 by being secretly terrible. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1