Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Really? You have no idea what you’re talking about. What McD has done in such a short time boarders on miraculous. Accept that we’re not ready for prime time yet and that’s okay. It’s where we are right now. As long as Beane and McDermott keep building this team up, I am satisfied. Eventually we’ll be championship material. Because everybody jumped the gun and wanted us to be Super Bowl ready doesn’t mean we are.

Our defense is seriously underachieving right now.  I get we lost some players that opted out- but there is no excuse from turning into one of the worst defenses in the league.  Something stinks and I think it goes beyond just our players.  Our defense plays with zero confidence and that is on coaching and preparation.

As for Dabol, sometimes I think he gets too clever for himself.  Josh is a very emotional player and seems to be nervous in bigger games.  I think Dabol should have called more runs to start the game (especially b/c of the weather), some easy roll out passes and maybe a few designed QB scampers to get Josh warmed up.  Imagine if we would have actually done something early on in the game.  It could have help the defense get a breather. 

Yes he made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons but mediocre HC's make the playoffs all the time

Look at Marvin Lewis. McD's coaching style will never win him anything. not to mention he looks clueless during gameday at times, and in game adjustments...do they even exist with this staff?? 

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

You can't name me one signature win in 4 years.

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

A couple of other things:

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.

2. I want somebody to be responsible for using this much capital into the defensive side of the ball through draft picks and free agents yet, we still SUCK. It's not acceptable and somebody needs to take ownership.

Make no mistake, this team is soft and can't compete with the big boys. We choked twice on primetime and will be lucky to win the East. The Patriots will shred this team.

We as fans deserve to be pissed because we have suffered to damn long to support this crap.

Beanne should accept the blame,  he has spent so much money in free agency on trash defensive players. Not one is capable of making a play when you really need it and can Pegula tell Beanne no more players from Panthers please.  So sick of Carolina scrubs 

McD was touted as a guy who planned to the smallest detail, a guy who got his team prepared for games with film study and lots of intel on opponents. But The Bills have played some of their worst games where they looked completely unprepared in his coaching time. One of the obvious flaws right from the beginning with of the McD era was a lack of in game adjustments when a plan wasnt working . Fans on here would point to the fact that he was not that kind of coach. But If the team is unprepared AND doesnt make any adjustments to a game plan in game, what are the chances of success?

• Like (+1) 1

What a bunch of crybabies.  We were in the game until the end against the WORLD CHAMPIONS.  Chill out.  Win the division and make a run.  Bass makes the kick at the end of the 1st might be a different game.  Chill.  Budweiser talking. 

Edited by Irv
  • Awesome! (+1) 1