GDT: Vice Presidential Debate

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

It's not a big issue because of the hypocrisy of it. Trump/Pence openly brag about packing the lower courts. 

This is false.

Trump is FILLING the vacancies on the lower courts with conservative judges.

That is NOT the same as packing the Supreme Court by ADDING judges.

It is difficult to say if our Zebra is being disingenuous or is just stupid.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Flies are circling around the Trump-Pence campaign. 

now you ruined it. The one nonpartisan moment we could all appreciate. Bug on Head. 2020 moment of the year. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

This is false.

It is difficult to say if our Zebra is being disingenuous or is just stupid.

he’s filling the courts that sleepy joe n Obama left open, probably when they were getting bent over by China 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Many of the judges he has filled those vacancies with are unqualified. They are all conservative.

It is not the same, no.

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Why aren't they qualified?

All for various reasons per the ABA. One name off the top of my head if you are actually curious is Lawrence VanDyke who per the ABA from what I remember was lazy and unqualified to practice law among dozens of other things.  

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There have been some iffy District (trial level) Court judges. But there always are — those positions often go to party/campaign hacks. 

Not always

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

he’s filling the courts that sleepy joe n Obama left open, probably when they were getting bent over by China 

See?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought the fly was stuck in hair spray for a minute.

I kept waiting for Harris to end one of her answers with " and you have a bug in your hair Mike"

It was a big sucker and she was staring right at it.

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Harris did not show up well, I didn’t see any leadership qualities in her. Makes me hope that if Joe does win he doesn’t hand it over to her

I liked her demeanor and thought she handled herself well IMO.

A few missed opportunities perhaps

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Pence dismantled Harris.

So the entire Left/media will talk about pinkeye and a rogue fly.

😎

I had a liberal friend on FB post about the packing the court question that the moderator was horrible. I replied the lady to the left of her sucks more.......

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

😂😂😂. Only 4-5 days a week for the last 35 years. 

4-5 days a week?  Slacker. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A decent debate by both candidates.  I think it changed a lot of minds on here tonight.

I didn’t watch it. Changed what minds in what way? 

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I didn’t watch it. Changed what minds in what way? 

I was being sarcastic.  It reminded me more of a cspan primary debate in the 80's which was fine with me.  Politics should be boring.

• Like (+1) 1

i think a easy win for pence is to simply bring up the fact she called joe a racist/rapist and blew it off later as it was just a debate tactic...easily could have shown how she picks and chooses horrible insinuations as nothing more then smear tactic and uses them just for political gain. didnt watch it all but it was a easy win on her obvious card she would play.

as for trump, making any insinuations about changing anyones healthcare is suicide right now. being the one to take credit for calling off stimulus talks yesterday is also nuts. no clue what he was/is thinking with these tactics. 

Edited by Buffarukus

Pence did a pretty good job, maybe one of the upcoming debates can be a tag match.

I like Trump not being a typical politician but he could tag Pence in from time to time to get the msg across a bit more gently. 

The Harris/Biden ticket is a woke joke.

• Like (+1) 2

If a moderator does not interrupt a Biden (or like Harris tonight) as they go off about how "bad the economy is" and that Obama handed him one in recovery and look at the unemployment now with one simple freaking follow up:

"Vice President Biden, your partys governors are enacting the most restrictive lockdown measures/mitigation in the country....California wants you to wear masks in between bites of food at restaurants; DC's restaurants are going extinct; same in NYC...Sir, how can you complain the economy is trash yet at the same time maintain a situation where we cant possibly be as employed and earning money like we should?"  

You can't have this both ways.  Social distance and half capacity AND "we're really going to get the economy rolling!"   Um.  No.  

If that question, in addition to "what is the long term plan for schools if there is no vaccine?" aren't asked, the American people should be furious.  

Those 2 questions should be 30 minutes minimum at the next debate.  Without interruption.  

Biden will just want to keep finding ways to take shots at the President as if both situations are his fault.  And when Biden says that, the moderator needs to press him on the dynamics of Distancing and capacity making that and basically living impossible.

Nothing else matters.  Not one other topic do I give a dam about.  And Trump needs to press it if the moderator that interned for Biden won't. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1