10/1 Released Cam Lewis

10/2 Signed Cam Lewis to the practice squad

10/7 Signed Came Lewis to the 53 man roster

7 transactions in less than 5 weeks!!

He always carries his own pen with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I guess as he was described as week to week it’s some kind of sprain but needs 3 weeks to heal 

Banged Up Bills from film thinks Grade 2 Ankle Sprain, 3-6 weeks.
"McDermott has since stated that he is week-to-week which translates out to several weeks missed. Grade 1 ankle sprains can usually be played through. Grade 2, which I believe is what Wallace has, is anywhere from 3-6 weeks. Considering they have not put him on IR yet, I believe he can come back after missing 2-3 games, barring setbacks."

Sounds as though after treating him for a couple days, they concluded this is gonna be at least a 3 game miss

He also has stuff up about Beas foot and speculation about Allen's shoulder too (the shoulder speculation is of concern)

12 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Final cuts

Cam Lewis, Brian Allen, Dane Jackson

Only Brian Allen waived good bye Dane is on the PS

I would think Beane is probably securing a another DB as we type ;)

That was my recollection as well.  The only CB’s worth keeping we managed to hang onto anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

So the IR rule this year is 3 calendar weeks before they can come back. Correct? So God forbid if Sundays game is cancelled, he could conceivably only miss 2 games, best case.

Forfeiture is out of the equation. 

Levi is probably done as a starter, but he'll be a valuable guy to have around as an experienced player that you can use safely in spot duty.

Glad he's OK; the way he came down looked like a hundred other ACL injuries we've seen.

7 hours ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Cam Lewis - the human Yo-yo!!

9/5 Released Cam Lewis

9/6 Signed Came Lewis to the practice squad

9/12 Elevated Cam Lewis

9/17 Signed Cam Lewis to the 53 man roster

10/1 Released Cam Lewis

10/2 Signed Cam Lewis to the practice squad

10/7 Signed Came Lewis to the 53 man roster

7 transactions in less than 5 weeks!!

As long as he gets a check, it's cool.

Levi won't be missed necessarily this week, but we could have used all the help at CB we could get against the Chiefs.  Our secondary needed as many healthy bodies as possible for Thursday and now we'll be short-handed. 

Adding this to the Loss of Milano is not ideal heading into that showdown with the Chiefs.  We'll be entering that game behind the proverbial 8-ball on defense for sure.

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How many years in a row are we going to have to deal with extremely thin CB depth before this team starts carrying another corner? I have been complaining about this for 2 years. I don't understand why CB, one of the most important positions, is the one position they don't prioritize. 10 OL? Really?

Well, I think it’s unfair to say they don’t prioritize the CB position. They’ve spent a draft pick each year under McBeane on a defensive back. 

McDermott’s first pick was a CB. Whom for a brief moment was the highest paid corner in the NFL, and the contract was given to him by the Buffalo Bills. 

When they traded Watkins to the Rams... they received a CB in return, along with a second round pick. 

Keeping 10 OL give them options this year for a slightly larger roster in game day which is an advantage. You can have an active roster of 48 if at least 8 active players are OL... so that’s another reason to keep more OL. 

I’d argue that on this team the CB position is less valuable than elsewhere because of the defensive scheme. We’ve been able to plug and play EJ Gaines, Kevin Johnson, Levi Wallace and (Now) Josh Norman while having some pretty significant success against opposing teams. 

Protecting your QB and having the depth on the OL where it’s not as easy to plug and play may be more valuable to this group of decision makers. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

True. We were lean from the gitgo, then we kept 35 OL...

25 of them are potential trade chips.  I don’t mind a GM hoarding O-linemen.  Good ones are not easy to come by.  Develop them, keep enough and deal others for extra picks if possible.  Dean Marlow fills in at slot corner and Siran Neal can fill in on the boundary so the numbers there aren’t as lean as they appeared.  

I'm loving this short term ir. 

It should be permanent imo.

Josh Norman will be tested , hope he can fully get his feet under him by next Thurs, really doubt we play Tenn. 

Could be a blessing in disguise with Norman though. Remember vs Raiders the announcers said McDermott was going to ease him into the lineup , giving Levi 2 series and Norman 2 series, so I guess he was impressive during camp and was going to see playing time regardless. Love the swagger and energy he brings as well