When was the moment that it sank in for you, that this time it’s different, we have a real QB

Batman1876

He became a franchise QB when the talent was added around him.  I knew Josh was special his soph yr at Wyoming.  I've seen many QBs in 50yrs in Laramie, and around the mountain west and west coast and have never seen an arm and throws like he made that year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bledsoe and Fitzpatrick won AFC players of the month to start the season. Allen is young and talented which makes this different but we've seen QB's start hot and fade away. 

There's hot starts and then theres doing things that literally only a handful of qb's have been able to muster. Yes, theres quite the difference.

• Like (+1) 2

There was no single moment. There is a hope that grows gradually, and always a layer of fear that I am being duped again.

He’s getting a LOT of attention and praise right now. I think he has the attitude to deal with that. But let’s not go crazy.........he’s going to throw some actual interceptions (the bogus one doesn’t count in MY book) and make some bone headed plays. This trajectory cannot be perfect, but he’s been amazing so far! There are very few QB’s in the league I’d swap for. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

The Dallas game last year was when I started to believe we had a franchise QB. This year confirms it.

This!

He showed he could make quick decisions and get the ball out accurately. The pass to Beasely out of the EZ blew my mind at the time.

Watching them come out of the gate this year and I was positive.
We have another decade, MINIMUM, of good QBing. If Josh gets smart about not beating himself up physically, he could be here 15-20.

48 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

There's hot starts and then theres doing things that literally only a handful of qb's have been able to muster. Yes, theres quite the difference.

The best part about this is that it doesn't matter what we say because Josh Allen will either prove to be the franchise QB we've been waiting for or he won't. Really nothing to debate. He hasn't achieved anything yet. He sure looks like he's going to but until he does I can't say he's the guy. 

Franchise QBs don't get figured out. Let's see what happens. It's fun watching the development. 

It sank in this past Sunday. 4 games in a row of elite QB play is impossible to dismiss. The Raiders game might be my favorite game I've seen him play because he looked like he has totally mastered this offense. To be an elite QB you have to be able to manage the game 80% of the time and make big plays the other 20% and so far this year he's doing it all.

• Like (+1) 1

Last year’s Giants game...he made a couple of thread the needle throws right on the money while moving and it was evident to me he was seeing the field better game by game. After the Pats debacle he just showed it every few weeks thereafter. The way he is recognizing this year and throwing people in stride now makes me excited for what he may be like come playoff time. 

12 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

Josh Allen is different than all the others, for the first time it legitimately feels like we have a long term franchise QB. For me it sank in when Chad Kelly was released and I did not even think we should sign him.  We’ve spent 25 years hoping that with just might luck in to finding a gold brick in a junkyard that the next dude we bring in might just be the answer.  So every time some interesting guy became available I’d think maybe he could be that secret treasure, now I do t think that way, we already struck it rich. Go Bills

Still not 100%, but he looked very different the first game this year, and when he came out playing just as well the second game, I thought ... hmm, just could be the real thing.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bledsoe and Fitzpatrick won AFC players of the month to start the season. Allen is young and talented which makes this different but we've seen QB's start hot and fade away. 

Let’s be clear. Josh has made more amazing throws in the last year and 4 weeks than I remember from the entire catalog of Bledsoe and Fitz combined. He has also had more jaw dropping runs than Tyrod or Flutie ever had. He also routinely converts 3rd and 10+ which none of those guys did regularly. It’s not close between Fitz, Drew and Josh IMO. Drew had major talent but not the level of intangibles or leadership and not the ability to make these throws while moving. Fitz never had abilities, after a decade, that Josh already has. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Let’s be clear. Josh has made more amazing throws in the last year and 4 weeks than I remember from the entire catalog of Bledsoe and Fitz combined. He has also had more jaw dropping runs than Tyrod or Flutie ever had. He also routinely converts 3rd and 10+ which none of those guys did regularly. It’s not close between Fitz, Drew and Josh IMO. Drew had major talent but not the level of intangibles or leadership and not the ability to make these throws while moving. Fitz never had abilities, after a decade, that Josh already has. 

Again I can't take away what Josh has done, he's playing at a top 5 QB level. I'll put it this way, as of right now I would do what the Cowboys did with Dak rather than sign Josh to a monster contract.

9 hours ago, Pokebball said:

He became a franchise QB when the talent was added around him.  I knew Josh was special his soph yr at Wyoming.  I've seen many QBs in 50yrs in Laramie, and around the mountain west and west coast and have never seen an arm and throws like he made that year.

I thought Josh was going to push to be a top 10 QB this season. I thought he went from really raw rookie to solid mid-level starter from 2018 to 2019. I thought he would still have trouble with the hero ball (which he still does to a degree) and that he would need to feel more comfortable in the pocket consistently. And so far he has looked to be comfortable and processing the game quickly. If he can tighten up the hero ball stuff just a little the sky is the limit with this kid.

• Like (+1) 1

When Beane drafted him :)

I have been a Billiever since day one.

If our football genius GM thought/thinks Josh is the man who am I to question it?

The kid had/has all the tools a BIG Arm with great athletic ability and great personality.

You could just tell he was going to be something special when he played his first game

20 hours ago, Pokebball said:

The only other guy I had ever seen with Allen's mentality at QB in all my years following Wyoming was Bradlee Van Pelt.  But Bradlee Van Pelt did not have the physical tools of Josh Allen (not even on the same planet).  So when you add superhero physical traits with a competitor's mentality...you get Josh Allen. 

In college, I compared Allen to Roethlisberger.  When I first brought up this comparison (right after Allen's collarbone injury during the Eastern Michigan game when Allen decided to put his shoulder down in QB pads to run over the entire Eastern Michigan defense), folks laughed...but I think Josh Allen will be looked upon much more favorably than Roethlisberger when all is said and done.

• Like (+1) 2

There are three moments I look at as he transcended each level

1) Dolphins when Clay dropped the ball to win game. That ball was a TD to a decent reciever and a miracle play.

2) Dallas last year when he made great plays without any real mistakes.

3) this year against Dolphins because he won the game when things around him we're not as good. 

He went from top 20 to top 10 to top 5 for me in those games 

• Like (+1) 1