Sign of the End Times - Jerry Sullivan

This says it all. When folks say "we remember when you said the Bills suck. Cant jump on the bandwagon now". 

That is whole point. You are only allowed to be positive or you are a hack, know nothing, turd. Bills can only be good. No way they could have sucked and are actually good now. 

Edited by ngbills

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Completely forgot he existed. I'm not gonna start clicking on his stuff now that he's changed his tune. No thanks.

My sentiments, exactly.  Absolutely no reason to start reading his stuff.   You reap what you sow.  

58 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This says it all. When folks say "we remember when you said the Bills suck. Cant jump on the bandwagon now". 

That is whole point. You are only allowed to be positive or you are a hack, know nothing, turd. Bills can only be good. No way they could have sucked and are actually good now. 

That's not what I remember.   I remember him trashing, absolutely trashing, Terrell Owens for being a cancer in Buffalo when he had been a model citizen.  I remember him in press conferences trying to lead coaches into saying things that contradicted what others had said.  I remember him ripping Anthony Lynn in his very first press conference, hours or days after getting the job.  

I remember him being contrary just for the sake of being contrary, to the point where nothing he said had any credibility.  

I remember him believing that he was more important than the story.  

I don't need to go back to that.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Have to say was surprised to read in 91 and 93 the defense was ranked 27th!  Seemed like they were dominant on both sides, but guess it's a case of having a couple superstars like Bruce hid things.  Plus that back back everyone was online 24/7 so much less info/stats easily available to fans.

yeah those secondaries were really bad I believe. 

Sullivan was on point for years and Bills fans were in complete denial.

Up until Beane and McDermott, the organization was a run down Mom and Pop shop led by Ralph and Russ. 

Now everyone says see Sullivan was wrong, but they don’t talk about 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and so on when they were dead wrong about Edwards, Gailey, Nix, Whaley, EJ, Sammy and so on. When they talked about how close we were to winning, when they bought the Doug Marrone stock hook line and sinker. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ngbills said:

The Bills were the definition of mediocrity for 20+ years. Not sure why anyone should expect an honest writer to cover the team with rose colored glasses. If you want that should only read the team prepared content. Sully has been here for the entire time the Bills were a laughing stock to most outside of Buffalo. 

Reality sucks and some people would rather be lied to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys like sullivan, schoop, etc really want the Bills (and sabres) to be good.  Believe me.  Schopp is like giddy right now.

Spanning multiple decades, do you think they like covering the groundhog day mediocrity and misery the Bills were and the Sabres have become?

I liked him.  He covered the Bills & they generally were at very best mediocre.  He was on the right side of the Flutie/Johnson debate and he wrote about a team that generally was always in some form of disarray.

He gave honest opinions & asked hard questions.  

I'd take him over Murf & Tasker and the other paid shills who only spout the Bills line....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I liked him.  He covered the Bills & they generally were at very best mediocre.  He was on the right side of the Flutie/Johnson debate and he wrote about a team that generally was always in some form of disarray.

He gave honest opinions & asked hard questions.  

I'd take him over Murf & Tasker and the other paid shills who only spout the Bills line....

Plenty of media people could point out the shortcomings of the Bills while not being asshats.

The issue is not whether he was right or wrong, its what Shaw said. He just wanted to belittle people in the org and thought he was more important than the story.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

GIve Jerry a break.  He's not just a dinosaur, he's the baby of the older dinosaur who died giving birth to him, so he's a second generation dinosaur.  But yeah, I'm old enough to remember when columnists could write, and Jerry is one of those.

Jerry is not the dinosaur, he is the dinosaur's body buried and turned into oil products and natural gas (lots of gas).  It is why he hates Mr. Pegula making money over his corpse.

💀☠️💩🖤

11 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Spanning multiple decades, do you think they like covering the groundhog day mediocrity and misery the Bills were and the Sabres have become?

I think Timmah Graham enjoys it.  It seems he has a personal vendetta against the Pegulas.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, holla83 said:

Did the Niagara Gazette fire him already?

The Gazatte and Lockport Sun-Journal are owned by the same company (CNHI - formerly Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc.) based in Montgomery, Alabama...

• Like (+1) 1