Matt Patricia-Lions

Anthony Lynn-Chargers

Bill O'Brien-Texans

Mike Zimmer-Vikings

Vets who could be one & done

Mike McCarthy-Cowboys

Ron River-Washington (health reasons)

Edited by Albany,n.y.

There are always a lot of HC changes in the NFL year to year.

I know Daboll seems to be in the good graces of this board right now, but he is not irreplaceable, if he does leave. 

We should be able to find lots of replacements who can continue forward.

Of all you list only the Falcons, Lions, Chargers and Texans have either established or good prospects at QB.  Though Ryan and Stafford are getting a bit old.  Maybe the Jets if they keep losing.  Not sure Daboll has enough cred to justify full control so without that, many of these spots might not work out particularly with the history with the Jets.

In hindsight while widely blasted here, McD bringing in the GM worked out fine.  Hard to hire a new GM at season ending as teams aren't going to allow anyone on staff to leave prior to draft so your only choices are those who'd been fired.

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

There might be a lot of places for Daboll to go and be a head coaxh

Dead Men Walking

Adam Gase -Jets

Dan Quinn-Falcons

Doug Marrone-Jaguars

Vic Fangio-Broncos

If things don't improve he's gone

Matt Patricia-Lions

Anthony Lynn-Chargers

Bill O'Brien-Texans

Mike Zimmer-Vikings

Mike McCarthy-Cowboys

Patricia is going to need a miracle to save his job.  

I think they're going to keep Fangio another year though.  He's legit on the 3rd QB this year, and they're missing casey, bouye, miller, barron, sutton all on IR.  I'm not sure how good Buffalo would be doing with Allen, Oliver, White, Diggs, and Milano out for all the games.  

I don't know if Quinn and Gase make it through the entire year. Marrone was a dead man walking last year and somehow pulled a rabbit out of the hat. I think Fangio gets at least one more because of all the injuries to key players on both sides of the ball. Patricia should definitely be out unless they somehow make the playoffs(not happening). Lynn's team has been competitive with a rookie starting at QB. I think he gets another crack at it in 2021. If they don't fire BOB, he must have pictures of the owner laid up naked with a goat. Zimmer will make it another year, but I don't know about Kubiak. McCarthy will make it as well, but Nolan will be kicking rocks. Only way Rivera is not back is if his health deteriorates, but his prognosis was good initially. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fortunately, the major dynamic that has changed is the Bills are viewed as an up and coming team, a potential SB contender and a top notch organization coaches would like to work for. I have to believe a lot of very well qualified OCs would be very interested in replacing Daboll, should he snag a HC job. 

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't know if Quinn and Gase make it through the entire year. Marrone was a dead man walking last year and somehow pulled a rabbit out of the hat. I think Fangio gets at least one more because of all the injuries to key players on both sides of the ball. Patricia should definitely be out unless they somehow make the playoffs(not happening). Lynn's team has been competitive with a rookie starting at QB. I think he gets another crack at it in 2021. If they don't fire BOB, he must have pictures of the owner laid up naked with a goat. Zimmer will make it another year, but I don't know about Kubiak. McCarthy will make it as well, but Nolan will be kicking rocks. Only way Rivera is not back is if his health deteriorates, but his prognosis was good initially. 

Dang - just spewed my Pepsi all over my keyboard!  THANKS for the laugh!

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There are always a lot of HC changes in the NFL year to year.

I know Daboll seems to be in the good graces of this board right now, but he is not irreplaceable, if he does leave. 

We should be able to find lots of replacements who can continue forward.

Completely disagree. The players love him and his incredibly thick playbook.

We will be a noticeably different team, very likely no where near as explosive.

I'm glad Buffalo isn't on that list because new HC's mean new schemes, which often require new personnel. 

That said, Buffalo has had consistency among their HC and coordinators to instill their scheme.  I'm not the biggest Daboll fan, but I believe Josh has grown enough that he could work with a new OC or perhaps an internally promoted candidate.   At this point I do believe he can be replaced.

Zimmer just signed an extension a couple of months ago and has built up enough goodwill (only losing season happened in his first year in 2014) to withstand a 5-7 win season.

Rivera's would be purely health-related and like another poster mentioned, the prognosis was encouraging, at least as of the revelation of his initial diagnosis.

Fangio's seat isn't as hot as Patricia's.  For one, Fangio was a respectable 7-9 last year in his first year and second of all, he can legitimately cite myriad injuries to prominent players and producers (Von Miller, Courtland Sutton, Drew Lock, Jurell Casey, etc.), plus Elway having no plan for a Lock injury (he didn't want to undermine his confidence by bringing in perceived competition), if/when the Broncos struggle to repeat that.

Patricia's in year 3 and has made the team markedly worse, which is reflected in their record.  Plus, at least Denver competes defensively, even when half their starters are out, which is Fangio's speciality.  Patricia comes from that side of the ball, too, and Detroit is horrific defensively.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There might be a lot of places for Daboll to go and be a head coaxh

Dead Men Walking

Adam Gase -Jets

Dan Quinn-Falcons

Doug Marrone-Jaguars

Vic Fangio-Broncos

If things don't improve he's gone

Matt Patricia-Lions

Anthony Lynn-Chargers

Bill O'Brien-Texans

Mike Zimmer-Vikings

Mike McCarthy-Cowboys

Gase and Quinn are likely dead men walking.   I don't see Fangio at this point being in trouble because he hasn't really had much to work with.   Marrone has actually fielded a competitive team .  So he may not be on a hot seat as of now.

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Gase and Quinn are likely dead men walking.   I don't see Fangio at this point being in trouble because he hasn't really had much to work with.   Marrone has actually fielded a competitive team .  So he may not be on a hot seat as of now.

The only thing about Gase that gives me pause is he still has 3 years left on the contract after this year and he was responsible for bringing in Joe Douglas. 

The Jets owners do not like paying coaches to be gone - so although it might cause a total fan riot - if Gase and Joe Douglas have talked about the future - maybe the Johnsons keep them together.  Gase stated he was not happy with the Bell signing and Darnold was not his choice - although he was brought in to groom him. 

Maybe we get lucky and 1 more year of that.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Mike Nolan should be fired already. He is the reason Dallas are 1-3. When people talk about minority coaches not getting fair a shake it is because they look at incompetent yesterday men like Mike Nolan getting coordinator jobs because he once gave McCarthy one. Kris Richard was there on the staff and should have got that job. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it would be very harsh to fire Fangio. He is without a LOT of players and onto his 3rd string QB by week 4

I think Patricia is a dead man walking. He is a defensive coach losing because of his defense for 3 years running. He is toast. 

That's something that kind of annoyed me around the internet during the Jets-Broncos game. People kept talking like the Jets and Broncos were both extremely poorly managed teams but the Broncos actually made a lot of good decisions heading into the year. The Jets wouldn't be  much different even if they were healthy.