Banned usernames

SDS

Since this became an issue here, I’m letting you know that I have permanently banned:

buffalobillsfootball

GoBuffalo716

BillZtime

along with two others accounts and BillStime for 30 days.

A couple notes:

For the love of God please stop with the bot conspiracy nonsense. Look up Occam‘s razor. 

Secondly, if you feel a situation is so egregious that it needs to be reported, take the time and explain it to me like I’m five. Put a bow on it. Providing minimal information and expecting me to play Sherlock Holmes to try and piece together a vague situation together on my own almost never happens. 

Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Since this became an issue here, I’m letting you know that I have permanently banned:

buffalobillsfootball

GoBuffalo716

BillZtime

A couple notes:

For the love of God please stop with the bot conspiracy nonsense. Look up Occam‘s razor. 

Secondly, if you feel a situation is so egregious that it needs to be reported, take the time and explain it to me like I’m five. Put a bow on it. Providing minimal information and expecting me to play Sherlock Holmes to try and try to piece a vague situation together on my own almost never happens. 

Thanks. 

Thank you @SDS

The bot comment is not literal but users like Billstime constantly posting memes without engaging in discussions in my opinion ressemble bots.  I'm pretty sure that these users aren't intelligent enough to actually code their own bots. 

• Like (+1) 2

Wacky Zebra and Tiberius didn’t make the cut ? 

17 minutes ago, SDS said:

buffalobillsfootball

GoBuffalo716

BillZtime

A couple notes:

Secondly, if you feel a situation is so egregious that it needs to be reported, take the time and explain it to me like I’m five. Put a bow on it. Providing minimal information and expecting me to play Sherlock Holmes to try and piece together a vague situation together on my own almost never happens. 

Thanks. 

wonderful news.     Thank you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

wonderful news.     Thank you.  

No they don't fall into the category.  Also, Tiberius has been with us for a long time.

@SDS Can one of us vouch for DR?  If he steps out of line again, you can perm ban me. 

Edited by meazza

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

buffalobillsfootball

GoBuffalo716

BillZtime

A couple notes:

Thanks. 

I understand you have a lot going on and I don't want to contribute to making PPP a source of annoyance for you. For years I dealt with the same neck issue you described and I know how difficult that can make navigating your regular life already even without a bunch of overgrown children asking you to come play nanny in the sandbox. (If you're not already doing so I recommend getting on a consistent exercise regimen. It helped me tremendously).

I appreciate you allowing this forum to exist as it has. It's one of the few remaining places on the internet where frank and open discourse is still allowed and has a good core of knowledgeable posters who, in my estimation, have made it something special.

I would ask that you consider making DR's ban temporary (and not banning TYTT who is a very talented writer/thinker, and a legit Bills fan who I hope will choose to return if allowed). Sometimes emotions run hot. I know you're not that familiar with DR, but he's a writer. These guys are very emotional. Occasionally he gets riled up, and perhaps he showed his ass in his interactions with you, but he's a good guy who really does bring a lot to the board. The groundswell of support for him speaks to that. (I know I never got this kind of support 😥 and I'm a model citizen 0:)).

Again, I know you're busy and I don't want to be a burden, but if you could consider it I know I and many others would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

44 minutes ago, meazza said:

No they don't fall into the category.  Also, Tiberius has been with us for a long time.

@SDS Can one of us vouch for DR?  If he steps out of line again, you can perm ban me. 

He got himself banned after getting a warning suspension. Read all the crap he put SDS through. Life goes on. 

And good job banning some other names. That BillsTime guy was a trainwreck.  

13 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Again, I know you're busy and I don't want to be a burden, but if you could consider it I know I and many others would really appreciate it.

Sounds like DR had his second chance and not only abused it, but abused it with malice. He's over on Parlor from the sounds of things so you can hang there with the others who left in solidarity with a guy who tortured SDS for no good reason. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Stop. He got himself banned after getting a warning. Read all the crap he put SDS through. Anyone who does that to a volunteer doesn't need TLC. 

And good job banning some other names. That guy is a charmer.  

It's my choice.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

buffalobillsfootball

GoBuffalo716

BillZtime

A couple notes:

Thanks. 

Sherlock Holmes at your service sir... you can sit back and be my Watson:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I vouch for SDS.

Weren't you the one who wants to shut this place down? Now you're sucking up to SDS?

LOL!!!!!!

Keep being you.......lol

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I'd like to humbly petition the court to have Billstime's sentence reduced to time served. 

Denied

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Stop. He got himself banned after getting a warning suspension. Read all the crap he put SDS through. 

And good job banning some other names. That BillsTime guy was a trainwreck.  

Sounds like DR had his second chance and not only abused it, but abused it aggressively. 

Why do you want him gone? Like him or not (and I do), he makes the place a lot more interesting. He contributes more than you and I combined. He's also a legit bills fan who is part of the community. He's not some rando trolling others. He's passionate about learning and sharing his ideas, and sometimes passionate people let their emotions get the better of them. That doesn't necessarily mean you wash your hands of them.

As to the call out thread, I don't expect SDS to know the back story, but to my understanding it was a call out of Gary Busey (who I believe is now posting under some Zebra monicker) who is not a legit poster. He's not here to engage, but simply to troll. Perhaps more specific instructions were given to DR, but my understanding was that the message was that call out threads were forbidden. I know I did not understand the message to mean that we couldn't talk ***** to other posters.

One of the things that makes this site great is that we can get a little rough and tumble with each other. We're big boys playing in our big boy stance.* In my younger days I had interactions that got a lot more heated and insulting than anything I've seen DR engaged in (some I probably took too far), and it was all good. I don't harbor any hard feelings and I doubt any of them do either. Being insulted on the internet isn't that hard to deal with.

The big problem isn't insults or misinformation - Misinformation can be countered with correct information, and insults can be defended by thick skin. The problem is people that feel the need to burden the proprietor of a website we all enjoy with petty complaints instead of sacking up and handling it themselves like men.*

* This is not meant to be dismissive of the lovely ladies who grace us with their presence. They seem to be able to handle themselves just fine.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Weren't you the one who wants to shut this place down? Now you're sucking up to SDS?

LOL!!!!!!

Keep being you.......lol

Denied

I suggested that TBD and OTW are amazing, and PPP is a cesspool with a stink radiating through the site and wasn't necessary. 

The bannings above and lately are a good start, perhaps. 

My vouching for SDS was a brown-nose joke. 

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Why do you want him gone? Like him or not (and I do), he makes the place a lot more interesting. He contributes more than you and I combined. He's also a legit bills fan who is part of the community. He's not some rando trolling others. He's passionate about learning and sharing his ideas, and sometimes passionate people let their emotions get the better of them. That doesn't necessarily mean you wash your hands of them.

As to the call out thread, I don't expect SDS to know the back story, but to my understanding it was a call out of Gary Busey (who I believe is now posting under some Zebra monicker) who is not a legit poster. He's not here to engage, but simply to troll. Perhaps more specific instructions were given to DR, but my understanding was that the message was that call out threads were forbidden. I know I did not understand the message to mean that we couldn't talk ***** to other posters.

One of the things that makes this site great is that we can get a little rough and tumble with each other. We're big boys playing in our big boy stance.* In my younger days I had interactions that got a lot more heated and insulting than anything I've seen DR engaged in (some I probably took too far), and it was all good. I don't harbor any hard feelings and I doubt any of them do either. Being insulted on the internet isn't that hard to deal with.

The big problem isn't insults or misinformation - Misinformation can be countered with correct information, and insults can be defended by thick skin. The problem is people that feel the need to burden the proprietor of a website we all enjoy with petty complaints instead of sacking up and handling it themselves like men.*

* This is not meant to be dismissive of the lovely ladies who grace us with their presence. They seem to be able to handle themselves just fine.

Maybe you missed the post where SDS described all the crap he did outside the call outs. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Thanks for the invitation. I decline, especially seeing some changes and promises of more. 

I'd love to chat about politics like people would do in person. 

It's not that hard. The majority of posters here do that. When you come across one who hurts your feelings, simply put him on ignore. Problem solved.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Those 2 have had their moments, but I think were dragged into the mud with Billstime. Let's hold out some hope for them and a couple others here that have, or do sometimes at least, add to the conversations.

Edit to add, thanks @SDS!!!!

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 2

Billstime was one of the worst. I think alot of liberals and some ex liberals, myself included, could actually be better contributors to this forum if only they could stop with the petty Trump hate and just talk policies. It's really not that hard.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Those 2 have had their moments, but I think were dragged into the mud with Billstime. Let's hold out some hope for them and a couple others here that have, or do sometimes at least, add to the conversations.

I agree. I don't want to see either of them banned, but any abuse they receive is well earned.

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Billstime was one of the worst. I think alot of liberals and some ex liberals, myself included, could actually be better contributors to this forum if only they could stop with the petty Trump hate and just talk policies. It's really not that hard.

To be fair, they don't have much else to contribute. Well, other than "you're a racist."

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, not my man Billslime

Boo 

😒

Freudian slip.  And perfect.

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'd like to humbly petition the court to have Billslime's sentence reduced to time served. 

FIFY.  And no.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

It's not that hard. The majority of posters here do that. When you come across one who hurts your feelings, simply put him on ignore. Problem solved.

I use ignore for obvious trolls. It makes the thread flow so much better.

The feature is amazing, until someone quotes that person. One tweak to the ignore function -- like also ignoring any post that quotes the poster on ignore -- would solve a lot of our issues. Ignored users would be forgotten in < 24 hours.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

The feature is amazing, until someone quotes that person. One tweak to the ignore function -- like also ignoring any post that quotes the poster on ignore -- would solve a lot of our issues. Ignored users would be forgotten in < 24 hours.

I do that on Twitter. Anyone who causes AOC to show up in my feed gets their retweets muted.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

This. Also, there are some posters who realize that they are on nearly everyone's ignore list, so they resort to starting a ridiculous number of threads to make sure they're "heard". If its possible, limiting the number of threads that a poster can start in a given time period i think would help with some of the contentiousness.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This. Also, there are some posters who realize that they are on nearly everyone's ignore list, so they resort to starting a ridiculous number of threads to make sure they're "heard". If its possible, limiting the number of threads that a poster can start in a given time period i think would help with some of the contentiousness.

It appears that you find dissenting viewpoints irksome.  Freedom of speech (in this semi public setting) is a sometimes fickle thing, is it not? 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

I lost hope for those two awhile ago and it will take a lot to bring hope back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

His posts (and a few others) make me wish any post with pictures/videos only appeared in a clickable form.  Sure, you get Peter Panned a few more times than you'd like, but you have a little more control over what crap you actually have to see.  Sure, you can throw someone on the ignore list, but you still wind up seeing it if quoted.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

agreed. Also if we could ignore threads started by ignored users. 

I have about 15 users on my ignore list, it works great.  A couple more tweaks and it’s a silver bullet. 

12 hours ago, meazza said:

Easy dude. He wasn’t that good. 

😁

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I'd like to humbly petition the court to have Billstime's sentence reduced to time served. 

Lonely at the kid’s table isn’t it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, westside2 said:

Obviously I disagree with this. Billstime was funny as hell, mocking the blowhard jack ass Trump. He touched a nerve and caused snowflakes to melt all over the place . 

If there is more to the story im all ears 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Obviously I disagree with this. Billstime was funny as hell, mocking the blowhard jack ass Trump. He touched a nerve and caused snowflakes to melt all over the place . 

If there is more to the story im all ears 

No, he was a troll. That's why he was banned. He deliberately broke the TOS every day. That's why SDS had to ban him.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, meazza said:

It's my choice.

Cheers

You keep promising to leave, but here you still are.

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I'm the senior citizen with cataract surgery in my future in the next year or two, but BillZtime and BillStime are not the same as Billstime.

19 hours ago, Rob's House said:

What part of "DR was banned because he wouldn't behave and defied the site owner" don't you understand??? 

19 hours ago, shoshin said:

Maybe you missed the post where SDS described all the crap he did outside the call outs. 

IMO, these DR defenders aren't interested in explanations.  They just want what they want.

19 hours ago, westside2 said:

What's not that hard to see is that there's more manure in this post than in a dairy farm manure pit in late January.