Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Having quietly watched the situation and read about the positives/exposures/infections, I am not confident that the Titans are even close to being able to host others without passing the virus on. I would like to see McDermott and Beane tell the NFL that the Bills are refusing to go to Tenessee at this time. Honestly, I believe that would be a strong leadership act. Buffalo's facility is (as far as testing has shown) clean, so far. If ONE member of our organization, player or coach, gets infected in Tenessee, the entire Bills organization will be challenged to get past it for a month - or more. I think it is time for the Bills organization to face the NFL and firmly say, "enough is enough, we're not doing this."

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The game being played on Tuesday I give a 40% chance.  Titans players and staff keep coming up positive.  NE game is moved to next weekend.  The NFL is scrambling but forfeits may happen to teams who flaunt the rules.  

How is the game going to get played?? Titan's facility is closed again and they had what, 1 day of practice??

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Having quietly watched the situation and read about the positives/exposures/infections, I am not confident that the Titans are even close to being able to host others without passing the virus on. I would like to see McDermott and Beane tell the NFL that the Bills are refusing to go to Tenessee at this time. Honestly, I believe that would be a strong leadership act. Buffalo's facility is (as far as testing has shown) clean, so far. If ONE member of our organization, player or coach, gets infected in Tenessee, the entire Bills organization will be challenged to get past it for a month - or more. I think it is time for the Bills organization to face the NFL and firmly say, "enough is enough, we're not doing this."

we refuse without the nfl decision we by default forfit. things just are not that easy

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

143 pages for an upcoming game has to be a record. And we still don’t know if/when the game will be played. 

Thanks @SDSfor the new super computer. Not a day too soon!

Over under on 225 pages by game day?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I am chalking up the KC game as a loss.  Bills will be short on time to rest and prepare.  Stinks 

That’s fine, you can do whatever you like.  It’s really a stupid take though

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

we refuse without the nfl decision we by default forfit. things just are not that easy

Yes, that is why I would view it as a strong act of leadership. Leadership means sacrifice. And, it is that easy, when you stand on principle.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Sounds like NFL isn’t going to help out fantasy owners here before 1 pm on this game, huh? 

Hopefully your league commish has put in contingency plans for this type of event.

In my league, we announce by a specific deadline our "contingency players" at each position where a player's status due to COVID is in jeopardy. Then, if said player's game does end up getting cancelled, the contingency player's points get added into that spot instead.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

Yes, that is why I would view it as a strong act of leadership. Leadership means sacrifice. And, it is that easy, when you stand on principle.

nothing about that statement is a strong act of leadership

the strong act is "ok guys it is what it is we prepping for 2 games" and push forward. what our leadership is doing now.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm going to break this down into two pieces: the coaches/players and the general public.

Coaches/players: The NFL needs to be transparent over and above anyone else, to the coaches and to the players.

The players need to be given transparent information about what's going on down in Tennessee and what objective standards are being applied to lead the NFL to believe it's safe for the Bills players to travel to Tenn. and play this game.  They need to be clear in their own minds that it's not a different standard being applied to different games by different teams.  They are the ones assuming what risks there are, and they are the ones who need to be informed.

The benefit to the NFL telling the public is to preserve their public reputation. 

What does the NFL advertise: "Football is Family".  All the things they do - requiring media availability from coaches and players, publicity, advertisements - it's all designed to promote fan engagement and passionate fan loyalty to a team.

So right now we have a situation where a city with a passionate, loyal fan base has a situation that superficially looks like the NFL violating its own policies to fit in a game against an outbreak team being investigated for violating protocols, for our guys.  While another team is being given the white glove treatment and rescheduled.

It's not a good look.  It's damaging to "the Shield", the NFL's public reputation.

No it certainly isn't a good look, for various reasons.

But other than being a bit clearer (or even somewhat clear) on the criteria they are using to decide rescheduling/postponements/forfeitures/fines/etc., I think they are in a a big of a lose-lose situation. 

When I first heard there was another Titans positive test, my very first thought was "Well that takes care of the Titans game this week. It will have to be rescheduled. to later in the year, maybe even week18."  But now I'm thinking they might actually try to play this game, which seems a tad insane, IMO.  

Then to further confuse things, the NFL postponed the Pats* game, but to do it, had to reschedule additional future games. It's clear they are now flying by the seat of their pants. I think (perhaps) they fear laying out their criteria and process, because they are constantly changing it to deal with the changing situations.  

Looks bad, but looks like what it is. A chaotic, every changing clusterf#$k of a situation,.

• Like (+1) 1