Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

The newest narrative from delusional Titans fans on Twitter is that the NFL investigation into the Titans proved them innocent of breaking protocols.  Probably some fan misconstrued the NFL not releasing their findings as proof of innocence, and the rest just ran with it.

The weird thing is they claim that there were no protocols in the first place, but then claim they were found innocent of breaking existing protocols.  Schroedinger's Protocols?  Then they say it doesn't matter if they broke protocols because they are just "recommendations", and not required.  It's freaking baffling.

tenor.gif?itemid=7844913

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The NFL is showing its hypocrisy?  Really?

Let's consider the facts here:

* Football is a very violent game.  The real danger is 300 pound behemoths traveling very fast deliberately trying to hit you.  Now that's dangerous.

* Meanwhile for those under 40 covid is no more dangerous then the flu.

Seems to me that the hypocrite here or at best the ignoramus here is McCourtney.

This is correct within the isolated world of NFL players.

But 300 pound behemoths usually don't try to deliberately hit hotel maids and airport workers. The real fear the NFL has is a superspreader event that goes well beyond the confines of team facilities and personnel

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The NFL right now is where MLB was in early August, just a week or so into the scheduled 60 game season.

They got it under control by shutting down the Marlins and then the Cardinals, and those teams were able to make up the games despite (for the Cards) about a 17 day shutdown. That was feasible in baseball with 7 inning doubleheaders, etc.  It isn't in football. Nobody wants to see 45 minute doubleheaders in the NFL.

At this point, the fairest solution is to take about a 2 week (3 week?) pause in the entire season and try to get in a 14 game schedule for everyone.

I don't like it, but I also don't like what this is doing right now to teams like the Bills, waiting around uncertain of who they're playing next and when.

What are teams allowed to do during that shutdown?  Can they continue to practice at their facility?  If not then likely will need another 2 weeks to get them back into game shape, something that they may just be getting into now. 

And once they reconvene, what's going to change to prevent this from happening again?  Other than the unauthorized practices, there's nothing to say it didn't start in a way where Tenn did nothing wrong.  A players child brought it home from school, etc.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

The newest narrative from delusional Titans fans on Twitter is that the NFL investigation into the Titans proved them innocent of breaking protocols.  Probably some fan misconstrued the NFL not releasing their findings as proof of innocence, and the rest just ran with it.

The weird thing is they claim that there were no protocols in the first place, but then claim they were found innocent of breaking existing protocols.  Schroedinger's Protocols?  Then they say it doesn't matter if they broke protocols because they are just "recommendations", and not required.  It's freaking baffling.

You gotta admit that's exactly what they get for the Music City Forward Pass.  

Wait...too soon?

Looks like the rain is done in Tennessee.  All the worry about a tropical depression impacting the game was for nought.  Now Baltimore Cincy and Washington Rams will be wet.  Wet in Pittsburgh too. 

30 minutes ago, Beast said:

Even if the league cancels our game, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the Bills/Chiefs game for next Sunday.

The Bills coming off a bye against a team that has three days rest isn't exactly fair.

Wasn't going to stop them from making up play tuesday and then sunday

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

You gotta admit that's exactly what they get for the Music City Forward Pass.  

Wait...too soon?

I've posted proof that it was a legal lateral, but people don't care.  Being a victim is trendy and some will just never get over it.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s Josh Jr. Good handcuff

Well it makes the most sense for this particular situation because it means you don’t have to make a decision until tomorrow night. 

6 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Wasn't available so I got Burrow lol

The main point I think he was making is the fact you can wait until Monday night to make a decision if you can find Herbert. 

that being said I went and got him yesterday for this exact situation. I was super relieved he was there. It’s actually a really nice matchup for him 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I've posted proof that it was a legal lateral, but people don't care.  Being a victim is trendy and some will just never get over it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you posted proof. Oh man

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

A little advice, keep politics or political figures out of the conversation here. Take it to PPP before you pick up warning points or worse. I'm not trying to be a dick about this but there are reasons for keeping any whiff of politics out of TSW. 

Post has been deleted.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

A little advice, keep politics or political figures out of the conversation here. Take it to PPP before you pick up warning points or worse. I'm not trying to be a dick about this but there are reasons for keeping any whiff of politics out of TSW. 

Too late, but thank you for trying.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re part of the problem 

Solution provided.

• Awesome! (+1) 2