Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

This actually benefits the Bills. No game this Sunday means extra time to heal and rest players. And prepare the big match-up against the Chiefs.

And looks like Mahomes might get the Covid by Gilmore. This will also help the Bills.😁

An off week would surely help the Bills, but I'm viewing this selfishly as a fan right now.

I want to see a game this week!  An off-week will be a real let down. 

It just seems more and more likely to me that there will not be one.

23 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So now the Titans can't open up practice to, at best, Saturday, the day before the game.

Would the NFL actually make them  play a game 24 hours later, assuming they can open on Saturday!?

Not sure how this game can be played on Sunday.

Could it be flexed to Monday?  And still allow the Bills to play on Thursday night against the Chiefs on 1 day prep time after a day of rest? 

They could be back in practice on Friday. The CBL says they need two team practices between games. They have none right now. The Pats* appear to be planning to have a practice Friday and one Saturday, so there is room to presume the CBL is OK with that second practice coming just 24 hours before a game.

Moving the Tenny game to Monday is out unless the NFL is willing to move the Bills-KC game from Thursday, which most anyastics think is a no-go for the league. $$$

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't see the point in adding a punitive component to the re-schedule, as long as Tennessee seems to have followed the covid guidelines correctly.

The Titans caused the rescheduling because their outbreak is so bad that now they get a mulligan?  If no one tested positive today they would of had to face the

Bills down the Covid players Sunday.  That is the rule the NFL came up with.  That is why there is an extended PS and eased IR rules.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

They'll likely get fined or have draft picks taken away or something.

I personally want the Bills to play every team at full strength. It's far more interesting that way.

Adding to my above comment the Bills may have to play a Week 18 game against the Titans while the team that they may face in a playoff game gets

a bye week.  I applaud your sense of fair play but it seems to me the responsible party who caused the rescheduling gets rewarded and the other team

that did not gets penalized.  

I say all this because I personally don't want to see the Titans "forfeit" to the Bills BUT if a makeup is needed they should play under the circumstances

that would have been at the time of the original game.

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So now the Titans can't open up practice to, at best, Saturday, the day before the game.

Would the NFL actually make them  play a game 24 hours later, assuming they can open on Saturday!?

Not sure how this game can be played on Sunday.

Could it be flexed to Monday?  And still allow the Bills to play on Thursday night against the Chiefs on 1 day prep time after a day of rest? 

No chance 

24 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Quite honestly, if the Titans blatantly violated protocol, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to forfeit multiple games, not just against the Bills. And for the record, I myself would want to see this game played out, Allen would obliterate that defense.

This sounds kind of lame, but I’m good with forfeit or postponement to wk18.  Titans are a good tough team and their offense would beat up our defense. A bye before chiefs sounds nice. 

9 minutes ago, scribo said:

They could be back in practice on Friday. The CBL says they need two team practices between games. They have none right now. The Pats* appear to be planning to have a practice Friday and one Saturday, so there is room to presume the CBL is OK with that second practice coming just 24 hours before a game.

Moving the Tenny game to Monday is out unless the NFL is willing to move the Bills-KC game from Thursday, which most anyastics think is a no-go for the league. $$$

Just a thought here, but what if they rescheduled the Sunday night game and put the Bills-Chiefs in that slot instead? That of course being if they rescheduled the Titans-Bills to Monday night

Edited by buffalo2218

Heard on One Bills Live:  Apparently last week, while the Titans facilities were closed, Titans players took it upon themselves to have an unauthorized practice session on their own, in violation of league protocols.  Now they're wondering why they keep on having positive COVID tests.  Duh!  Make them forfeit.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Just a thought here, but what if they rescheduled the Sunday night game and put the Bills-Chiefs in that slot instead?

I like it, but when does it get to the point that too many teams and too many TV contracts are being disrupted?

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That makes sense to me; but if that's correct, we should already know the game cannot be played Sunday, but no one seems to be publishing that.

Maybe moved to Monday?  Would the Bills rest day (on Tuesday) count as a "practice day" (1 of 2 min. required) leading up to Thursday night and the Chiefs?  

I don’t think there’s any chance they move us to Monday and have us play Thursday.  

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

This actually benefits the Bills. No game this Sunday means extra time to heal and rest players. And prepare the big match-up against the Chiefs.

And looks like Mahomes might get the Covid by Gilmore. This will also help the Bills.😁

That'd suck, that's not the Bills vs. KC game I want to see.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Heard on One Bills Live:  Apparently last week, while the Titans facilities were closed, Titans players took it upon themselves to have an unauthorized practice session on their own, in violation of league protocols.  Now they're wondering why they keep on having positive COVID tests.  Duh!  Make them forfeit.

that would explain these week later positives pretty well.  Also, if it violates league protocol, they should forfeit.  Once there is a positive, the team should be reminding every player about the protocol.  In fact, if I'm a team, I'm sending out a weekly reminder.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That'd suck, that's not the Bills vs. KC game I want to see.

I agree. It's time to see how we match up w/ the league's best, and see Mahomes & Allen head to head.

That said, if it did happen & Mahomes couldn't play, Patriots fans would pull all of their hair out - they already think we've benefited from an easier schedule & timing.

If the game is postponed and played at a later date, you can be 💯 sure that every player that would’ve missed the game on Sunday due to covid, will be playing at the later date.  Sitting them out wouldn’t even be discussed by the nfl imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I agree. It's time to see how we match up w/ the league's best, and see Mahomes & Allen head to head.

That said, if it did happen & Mahomes couldn't play, Patriots fans would pull all of their hair out - they already think we've benefited from an easier schedule & timing.

Pats fans were already pulling their hair out when Edelman gifted KC with a pick six