Postgame Thread: Bills at Raiders

Just now, Baba Booey said:

Up two scores , d playing prevent and Porter get toasted down the middle and commits 45 yard pi! Not acceptable. 

The broadcaster was wondering what Hyde was looking at since he wasn't back there on that play (no surprise if you saw the thread last week), but yeah Poyer didn't even need to commit PI. He made it to the receiver with time to turn and make a play. Disappointing.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That was his one bad play. Also why so conservative on the second to last drive?

I think once you take the penalty and are back 20 yards you wanna just chew the clock out. No need to risk a turnover. At least that is my recollection.

Best thing about this 4-0 start is that I'm quite convinced that Josh Allen is better than Trent Edwards. This offense is incredible. 5-6 pass catchers at any moment. Loved seeing Dawson Knox galloping over multiple Raiders defenders on that one catch near the endzone. This team is terrifying with or without Knox but if he continues to step up, look out AFC. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big C said:

The broadcaster was wondering what Hyde was looking at since he wasn't back there on that play (no surprise if you saw the thread last week), but yeah Poyer didn't even need to commit PI. He made it to the receiver with time to turn and make a play. Disappointing.

No. This happens on under thrown balls.  The receivers slows down for the ball, which the guy covering can't see, initiating contact and creating a PI situation. Happens all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Josh needs to understand the situation, throw the ball away and give Bass (a chance) basically to ice the game with a 17 point lead.    When is that light bulb going to go off?

It's not Josh Allen if he doesn't act like the super hot, super drunk chick at the party once a game.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Tcali said:

he didnt trip and fall during a handoff that last series?

Truly not following you, sorry.

But as I said, unlike previous years, I personally felt zero panic with this team down the stretch. We've got a top-5 QB.