Browns figured out why they lost to the Ravens

richNjoisy

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im starting to wonder if OBJ can ever get his career back on track.  10 targets, only catches 2.  With all those weapons there, why is it so hard to get him involved in the game?  

Its insane the talent on that offense and how inept it seems to always be.  If Baker doesn't show them something to build on the rest of this season, they will be yet again drafting another QB next year.  

I was quite high on Baker coming out, even before everyone else was.  His rookie year he looked the part.  Terrible coaching last year seems to have really derailed his potential.  A QB's psyche and confidence are critical to their success too.  Wondering if he has the mental makeup to rise above the struggles and get back on track or not. 

Its also the first game of the season against a team expected to make the AFCC game and push for a SB title, so not ready to write them off, write off OBJ, or write off Baker.  But if you are a Browns fan, you gotta be quite concerned that this treasure trove of weapons still isn't producing.  I didn't watch the game, so wondering what the state of the OL is in and how they played yesterday against the Ravens.  

I read a few posts on one of the Browns site and some are ready for the "Tank for Trevor" talk.

• Like (+1) 1

To this point, I couldn't have been more wrong about Baker Mayfield. I thought Mayfield was going to be a Drew Brees type of QB. He seemed to be able to make every throw, to all levels of the field, and accurately in college. The one thing I was wrong about the most was how I thought he saw the field. I thought that reading defenses and going through his progressions was something he did well, but I think it's just another testament to that Lincoln Riley system at OU. He's definitely holding that team back with all of the talent they have on that roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I read a few posts on one of the Browns site and some are ready for the "Tank for Trevor" talk.

I have some Browns fans saying the same thing.  They want to trade OBJ and Chubb since they think they can get the most for them and still have good WR group and a top tier RB in Hunt.  This way they get the extra assets needed to be in position to go get Trevor possibly as they don't expect to lose enough games to be able to outright draft him.  Of course, this is still risky as it would still depend on whose at the top of the draft order anyway, as a QB needy team likely wont trade out of that spot and would just take Trevor outright.  

But for me, I would not want to give up on Baker and this roster after one loss against the 2nd best team in the NFL following an offseason with no preseason either and a brand new coaching staff.  This staff will need time to put their stamp on that team, get their systems installed, and so forth before they really know what they can or cant do with the roster as its currently made up, especially Baker.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I figured Baker was probably just tired from putting all those covers on the seats in the stadium. 😂

Maybe he needs to do a few more commercials. 

getting all those backseat ****jobs behind Cheesecake Factory of Sadness you mean. 

That stuff is easier to overlook if the QB isn't making 53.8% completons for 189 yards and a pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

OBJ, Jarvis, Hunt, Chubb, Njoku, Hooper and they score 6 points.  Unbelievable.  

And it has been proven over and over again that big names do not a winning team make. Year after year Belichick takes cast offs and low draft picks and by having a good system and a few key players he builds competitive teams.

Solid coaching and organization continuity within an effective system is more than half the equation when it comes to winning programs.

We fans that have been around for a while have seen many NFL owners who have thought they could buy their way to a championship; grabbing every big name free agent and thinking that having all those me-first personalities will lead them to victories. The results rarely if ever live up to the hype, yet every year we have to endure the free agent zealots who preach doom and gloom if the Bills to not spend up to the cap on every big name out there.

The Browns went that route and the results once again seem to point to a team without chemistry, that does not have the leadership needed to get all those strong personalities pointed in the same direction and playing for something bigger than themselves. Not looking good for Browns fans.

I like how the Bills approach free agency. They are prescriptive about the guys they want to bring in, the veteran leadership they can bring, and seem to do their homework around what makes them tick and do think about how those players will fit into the locker room chemistry they want to maintain. It is a bit early, but it seems like Diggs is an energy guy who demands a lot from his teammates, but backs it up with his own play on the field.

Could be a great fit for this new Bills era.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

You're aware there are people who want to cut Bass today because he missed two kicks (possibly one) out of seven in a game we won.

I'm not one of those people, but they are out there. Heard an Eagles fan call to bench Wentz for Jalen Hurts today.

Why not?  Guy's a bum...

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Nah. Ya gotta give Bass a chance to redeem himself. He responded well to the adversity yesterday by hitting his last two attempts. Fortunately, his misses came at a time when a game wasn’t on the line. 

He almost missed those two as well.  He was kicking with his foot open.  It's like swinging a golf club and leaving the face of the club open at contact.  Its going to be a push or a slice every time.  Someone needs to go over the film of that with the kid and get it fixed immediately.  Otherwise his career may well be two games.  Watch the kick (if you can find it) from two years ago at the Camila Bowl in the rain between Ga Southern and Eastern Michigan.  Bass nails a 50 yarder on the last play of the game to win.  The ball had a completely different trajectory.