Where the Heck Was Oliver All Day?

GreggTX

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Really?

you sound a bit on the dramatic side,

I’ve read absolutely nothing negative about Ed’s play...

Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

Interesting as I just read an article on the Athletic who praised Oliver's game and commented how he created havoc for the Jet's. 

But I'm sure you know better!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Why is it so hard for folks to have a normal discussion? It has to be flipped to it being about Allen, something personal or we won so shut up. 

I dont have anything to add about Oliver because I did not notice him. I would have to go back and rewatch the game to see what how he played. Maybe played very well and was handling double teams all game. I dont know. But why can someone not ask this without it being some attack on the Bills. So sensitive. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, ngbills said:

Why is it so hard for folks to have a normal discussion? It has to be flipped to it being about Allen, or we won so shut up. 

I dont have anything to add about Oliver because I did not notice him either. I would have to go back and rewatch the game to see what how he played. Maybe played very well and was handling double teams all game. I dont know. But why can someone not ask this without it being some attack on the Bills. So sensitive. 

Because he played well and it’s an ill informed post from somebody who is routinely saying ill informed things. 

don’t be so dramatic 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lol. He already said Allen didn’t play well. Why would he stop there though? Lol. 

Did he?!  I mean...

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Why is it so hard for folks to have a normal discussion? It has to be flipped to it being about Allen, something personal or we won so shut up. 

I dont have anything to add about Oliver because I did not notice him. I would have to go back and rewatch the game to see what how he played. Maybe played very well and was handling double teams all game. I dont know. But why can someone not ask this without it being some attack on the Bills. So sensitive. 

Normal discussion and the op don’t go ya d in hand.  His posting is loaded with agendas, and any regular reader in here is pretty aware of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Oliver’s time has come in Buffalo

The Bills have fully unleashed second-year player Ed Oliver as one of their most critical defensive linemen. Once Buffalo walked away from free-agent defensive tackle Jordan Phillips, the runway was clear for Oliver to take over a huge role in Sean McDermott’s defense. Oliver plays the all-important three-technique role in McDermott’s scheme and has the most pass-rushing and run-stuffing ability of any defensive tackle on the roster. As a rookie in 2019, the ninth overall pick took only 53 percent of the team’s snaps as a core rotational player. Against the Jets on Sunday, his 68.4 percent of snaps were tied with defensive end Jerry Hughes for the most of any Bills defensive lineman.

Oliver delivered during his increased playing time. His impact on the stat sheet was a pedestrian one — collecting only an assisted tackle. However, the film will show that Oliver was a constant nuisance for the Jets offensive line. He was also one of the biggest reasons the Jets averaged only 3 yards per rushing attempt, and why quarterback Sam Darnold never got comfortable in the pocket. Oliver’s development will be critical this season because of his massive potential. And if he does show growth while playing 15 percent more snaps per game, it will make the defense far more dangerous in bringing down the quarterback from the interior.

https://theathletic.com/2063922/2020/09/13/seven-observations-from-bills-win-josh-allens-career-day-couldve-been-bigger/

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 10

Honestly I dont think Darnold is getting enough credit.  It was a jailbreak all day behind that line and he managed to get rid of the ball a bunch of times where i was sure he was going to take a sack. Oliver played great.  He'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1