Where the Heck Was Oliver All Day?

GreggTX

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Ed Oliver may not have looked elite yesterday, but he was by no means a weak link, or a liability. He played really well-- the entire line did. (That includes H. Phillips, IMO, although he didn't really see the field very much, IIRC.)

Saw that wide load #99 collapsing the pocket on numerous occasions and no mentions of it... was wondering if it was a mirage?

But, Phillips was mentioned in the OP as not playing well, which by transitive property with the Ed Oliver comment, you can logically deduce that he must have actually played well after all.

Edited by Ralonzo

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

Oliver was a monster 1st half. Quieter in the 2nd half admittedly. But all that pressure Darnold faced early.... Oliver caused most of it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Oliver wreaked havoc vs. the Jest OL yesterday. The OP either didn’t watch the Bills game or doesn’t know who and what he’s seeing. 

..so if Leslie reads the OP's post, is Ed a goner?......hell, he's started EIGHT games which surely defines a career 'round these parts......

7 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Me, an idiot: The Bills jumped out to a big lead and cruised to an easy victory.  This is great!  How nice to enjoy a relaxing Sunday and roll into work the next day all happy and energized.

You, a genius: If you took away some of our points and gave the Jets some more points, the Bills would have barely even won, which is actually the same thing as a loss.  Also, one guy on the defense didn't have non-stop SportsCenter plays which means he's probably a bust.  At this point our only hope is to tank for a better draft spot.

I pretty much hit the nail on the head with some of these posters in the "Josh Allen takes a step" thread.  It really is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Yeah, it is...given Darryl Johnson, a 7th rounder, made the active roster ahead of him.

Anybody who says they're not concerned with our top pick being benched is kidding themselves.

The media has even said he did absolutely nothing in training camp, except one rep where the guard and tackle tripped over eachother.

I'm not concerned at all.  This isn't Rex Ryan's and Whaley's Bill's.  This team has depth.  If you thought any DL that wasn't a top-10 talent was going to play over the likes of Hughes, Murphy and Addison you were kidding yourself.  Some are going to break out the pitch forks but those who believed Murphy was going to get cut were even more insane than that.

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Oliver wreaked havoc vs. the Jest OL yesterday. The OP either didn’t watch the Bills game or doesn’t know who and what he’s seeing. 

I re-watched the game today and Oliver played a very solid game.

I dunno. I thought Oliver put guys on roller skates all day. That interior pressure we have been lacking for many years. I also thought Phillips held up really well for a guy who has had such a long layoff. Zimmer had the splash plays, and i like him, but Oliver was a beast in there.

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I am officially 'concerned' about Ed Oliver. I haven't given up on him, but all we got out of him was an assisted tackle. That's it. Zimmer played better. Hughes played better. Trent Murphy probably had the best game of any of our DL. Harrison Phillips did not play well either, though I wonder if he's 100%. Edmunds and Milano both dinged. It's not time to hit the panic button, but Oliver needs to start playing at a much higher level or he's going to make me miss Lotulelei.

When I coached little league we were in the championship game. I had a mother feel it was necessary to interrupt my coaching to complain that her son was not in the game. I turned to her and said, Stella, (that was really her name) I would like to draw your attention to right field. That kid throwing grass in the air. He has been in the game the last 2 innings and has been struck out and hit by a pitch. In fact he even slid under a tag at home plate. Thats your son Stella. Now go sit back down and pay attention to the game. I would like to offer you the same advice. Sit back down and pay attention  to the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2