Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

Can't get on Daboll too much on this game unless those fumbles were designed runs called by him.

For Pete's sake the team only punted once and that wasn't until the 2nd half! Jets posed little resistance this game. They made the offense one dimensional and still couldn't stop it. Gotta tip your hat to the OC.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They were very successful plays until Josh decides to drop the ball.... the second one made 0 sense. The guy just let go of the ball. Really a head scratcher. 

I don't think that there's a non-RB/WR in the NFL that would hang onto the ball when flipped upside down like that

10 minutes ago, BadboyBills said:

Even when he's passing the ball well and we have a RB to do the short yardage? 90% less seems about right unless we're really struggling. We weren't struggling to move the ball. We got greedy with those designed runs, lo and behold fumbles.

But the RBs weren't very effective today, singleterry was the best RB for them today and he had 30 total yards on the ground. Would the passing offence have been as effective if Allen wasn't running all over the place?

6 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

Even when he's passing the ball well and we have a RB to do the short yardage? 90% less seems about right unless we're really struggling. We weren't struggling to move the ball. We got greedy with those designed runs, lo and behold fumbles.

We didn't have running backs for short yardage. At that point our backs were a combined 8 carries for 9 yards. Our running backs were getting nowhere against the Jets line. Those Allen designed runs moved the chains early in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t read this thread but wanted to comment on Daboll. His game plan was great imo. Loved the various sets. I don’t like Designed QB runs BUT I understand why he did it. It was there. Jets couldn’t really stop it. It sets up other things. Loved the play action that was really successful. Loved how this ball was spread around to the WRs plus motor. The play calling really was strong. There was sloppiness on the players part at times with two lost red zone fumbles, 2 missed FGs, Gabriel Davis two missed blocks, the two missed throws  to brown and Knox - otherwise Daboll’s offense would have looked more impressive in the box score. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought he called a good game.  He didn’t miss that throw, Allen did and yes Allen overall had a great game.  Daboll also didn’t shank two field goals, and I think Bass would be fine.  Teams around the league looked rusty.  The Bucs looked sloppy, the 49ers looked sloppy, and the Cardinals capitalized on it.  Murray looked amazing yesterday.

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thought he called a good game.  He didn’t miss that throw, Allen did and yes Allen overall had a great game.  Daboll also didn’t shank two field goals, and I think Bass would be fine.  Teams around the league looked rusty.  The Bucs looked sloppy, the 49ers looked sloppy, and the Cardinals capitalized on it.  Murray looked amazing yesterday.

Murray looked amazing in much the same way Josh looked his first year.  Making throws here and there and then taking off and running.  The biggest difference is how quickly he gets down and then the refs called 2 needless roughing calls on SF for hitting him once when he went head first.

Allen missed a few throws, but looking around the league - many QBs missed throws yesterday and some like Brady at times - had no rhythm and he threw a lame duck pick 6 that even Winston would have been proud of.  I was very happy with the game called by Daboll and even happier with the play of Allen.  He showed good command and poise for the first game in this weird season - especially compared to how many other QBs looked.

This fanbase's tradition of assigning all blame to every OC that the Bills employ is growing quite tiresome.

Everything good on the field = players. Anything bad = OC.

Even in games where we see some amazing play calls that are just screwed up by poor execution (wide open men downfield who drop passes, over/under thrown, fumbles, etc.) still the blame goes to the OC. Hell, I remember several years ago when Tyrod was the QB, playing the Pats in the 2nd game of the season, and seeing so many brilliant play calls that left Bill Belichick's defense scratching their heads... but Tyrod was throwing bad passes, afraid to pull the trigger, or someone would commit a meaningless penalty ruining the momentum.

But after the game, it was all blame the OC! Even though the only reason we were in that game was the OC's excellent game plan giving us every opportunity to target the opponents' limited weaknesses with our limited & inferior offense. 

Not saying there's never blame to be assigned, but if this fanbase had it's way, we'd be shuffling new OC's in & out every year, or several times a year.

• Like (+1) 1

Is tomorrow the day before the Miami game? Asking for a friend...

Go Bills!!!

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t read this thread but wanted to comment on Daboll. His game plan was great imo. Loved the various sets. I don’t like Designed QB runs BUT I understand why he did it. It was there. Jets couldn’t really stop it. It sets up other things. Loved the play action that was really successful. Loved how this ball was spread around to the WRs plus motor. The play calling really was strong. There was sloppiness on the players part at times with two lost red zone fumbles, 2 missed FGs, Gabriel Davis two missed blocks, the two missed throws  to brown and Knox - otherwise Daboll’s offense would have looked more impressive in the box score. 

I had no problem whatsoever with the game plan. But whether you like it or not Daboll has to reduce (not stop) the amount of designed runs for JA. If he gets hurt it's "game over"....

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I had no problem whatsoever with the game plan. But whether you like it or not Daboll has to reduce (not stop) the amount of designed runs for JA. If he gets hurt it's "game over"....

Not sure I am worried about the designed runs, the worst 2 hits Josh took were in the pocket.  Both times the Jets got flagged off Roughing.  He was hit in the head and rolled on the back of his leg. 

He has a higher chance of getting hurt in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not sure I am worried about the designed runs, the worst 2 hits Josh took were in the pocket.  Both times the Jets got flagged off Roughing.  He was hit in the head and rolled on the back of his leg. 

He has a higher chance of getting hurt in the pocket.

Agreed

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought his game plan was excellent. Only one punt the whole game. Kept moving the ball methodically in the 2nd half even up 21 points which is what we want to see over conservative play. Jets run D was tight as usual so that tells you the passing game was on point. At least 16 points were left on the field but that's not his fault. More games like that and he'll have HC interviews in his future.

21 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Allen fumble issues is just 1 aspect of it

the other is constantly sending our franchise QB into 270LB LB's who area ready to rip his head off. its not worth the risk no matter how effective the plays are. 

Still waiting for Daboll to be on the hotseat...

*checks watch*

Yeah, still waiting.

😄

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This can’t be - I read that Daboll is on the hot seat - how could he actually gameplan based upon what other teams struggled against.  

I mean it is not like the Bills recognized the weakness and opened last season against the Jets with a ton of passes and repeated that along with zone reads - where we got the majority of our rushing yards.

I simply can not believe that.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. Dabolls offense did look improved, but he still needs to fix his playcalling near the redzone or when we are inside our 30 . its jut way too inconsistent if we want to be a top team in the league. Allen had a few bad plays yes but its also unfair to him with Daboll forcing him to run so often.