You will be arrested if you go to the Bills Stadium on Sunday

T&C

44 minutes ago, I-town Bills said:

Telling the fans the stadium is off limits could start a bad  habit. Limited tailgating would have been good PR. 

1) The stadium is off limits.

2) No, drunken idiots smashing themselves through tables set on fire would not be good PR.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Why aren't ya all stormin Shalens Field to see the Yankees!

Because the Yankees are in Baltimore, and Yankees fans abandon the bandwagon when they don't look to be the dominant team. Mets fans know their team too well and aren't going to put in that much effort to storm the field over their team.......

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

1) The stadium is off limits.

2) No, drunken idiots smashing themselves through tables set on fire would not be good PR.

I thought the table smashing just showed how hardcore and amazing fans they are? How's that not great PR for the team?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hey look, an Old white man who thinks everything is fine the way it is......

When did I say I would join the riots/protests or was anti police? All I was saying is that theres a big difference between throwing tantrums and wanting to 'protest' so you can attend a sporting event and tailgate, and protesting blacks being killed during routine minor police confrontations.

Hey look, a bigot.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Doesn't matter. The point is law enforcement can limit access. This is not some don't-tread-on-me moment. It's a tantrum.

it's only a tantrum to those who have a different take on the situation other than the current "movement". this whole year and the bs it has brought, gives me plenty of movements.  that said, I'm all for law and order

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And I'm sure they aren't going to arrest or charge you if you are just walking down the street to get from point A to point B. They might tell you the road is closed and to keep moving as long as your not stopping to drink in public.

again, it's got nothing to do with a minor charge of drinking in public. get past that

People....we are almost to Bills football kicking off. I know a lot has gone on since.....a playoff game I don’t want to think about. A lot of important social issues are in play here, but can we please focus on being smart and watching our Bills win? 

The differences of opinions have a lot of places to be expressed. That’s all good. I just hope it won’t be in EVERY PLACE. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Publicly owned does not mean public access. Besides, the Bills lease it.

It is a "place of amusement and assembly" so that it may be closed and/or regulated by the governor during a state of emergency to "protect life and property or to bring the emergency under control". Executive Law Section 24. This power is not necessarily limited to public property. Though privately owned, a place of public accommodation would certainly be covered.  

Edited by Mickey
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

WOW .. Arrest law abiding citizens for trying to attend a football game ! better off  going  out and loot a store and score  some sneakers  unreal

Well, I could be an atavism, but Back in Da Day, "law abiding citizens" weren't found trespassing on private property after they'd been told to stay off of it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, T&C said:

Funny how a simple local Buffalo news article can rile this place up into angry mode. Are you ready for some Footballlllllllll?

Why should this place be different than the rest of the nation?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mickey said:

It is a "place of amusement and assembly" so that it may be closed and/or regulated by the governor during a state of emergency to "protect life and property or to bring the emergency under control". Executive Law Section 24. This power is not necessarily limited to public property. Though privately owned, a place of public accommodation would certainly be covered.  

The Bills lease the facility and property from the county so it isnt just open to anyone being able to walk in whenever Nd wherever they want. The Bills can restrict who can enter the facility.

Your municipality/state/country have buildings that are tax payer funded, but it doesn't mean you have the right to enter them whenever you want our go anywhere you want in them. You cant just walk into your towns City Hall building after hours and sit in the mayor's office because you pay taxes and it's a publically funded building. Public parks can have signs posted listing hours that your permitted to enter and use them. We have public arenas and pools where they have hours of operations and fees for using them even though tax money was used to build them and they are public.

4 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

And so you should be if your dumb enough to trespass on private property that will be closed to the public.

Funny how many of the people who liked this post are the same ones that support the "protests"  that have destroyed millions of dollars of private property. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1