You will be arrested if you go to the Bills Stadium on Sunday

T&C

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If people riot at OBD, Adolph Cuomo will leave them alone if not praise them.

Because groups throwing tantrums for not being able to drink in a parking lot and attend a sporting event is the same as racism and people being killed at the hands of police officers who's job was to simply arrest. I mean, the protests can wait because nothing is going to change and it will keep happening when the pandemic is over, they can all hold their protests then......

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

actually a few years ago, I think a fan DID get roughed up and injured pretty bad by an Erie County Sheriff during a tailgate (but not paralyzed, I believe).

Wonder what the guy did.  I just hope they decide to let some fans in for the games this year.  You can space people out easily enough.   

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Wonder what the guy did.  I just hope they decide to let some fans in for the games this year.  You can space people out easily enough.   

nope it’s too hard, they might get too close together when entering and exiting the stadium if not carefully chaperoned.  Or something.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Sure you can, but now the Pegulas will have to have staff on hand to man concession stands, security, ticket takers, janitorial staff, etc. There's a certain point where economically it doesn't make sense because the revenue brought in for a partially filled stadium isn't enough to cover the costs to staff the minimum staff they would need. Throw in the fact that the Pegulas are already hurting for money (have already asked the Sabres staff twice to take voluntary pay cuts and will be implementing an internal salary cap for the team) I doubt they are going to like the idea of losing additional money they don't have to

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

nope it’s too hard, they might get too close together when entering and exiting the stadium if not carefully chaperoned.  Or something.

Don’t get me wrong, any plan would have to include appropriate mitigation approaches.  They work.  But it could be done.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sure you can, but now the Pegulas will have to have staff on hand to man concession stands, security, ticket takers, janitorial staff, etc. There's a certain point where economically it doesn't make sense because the revenue brought in for a partially filled stadium isn't enough to cover the costs to staff the minimum staff they would need. Throw in the fact that the Pegulas are already hurting for money (have already asked the Sabres staff twice to take voluntary pay cuts and will be implementing an internal salary cap for the team) I doubt they are going to like the idea of losing additional money they don't have to

Good points.

5 minutes ago, I-town Bills said:

Sounds like bad PR. Telling the fans the stadium is off limits could start a bad  habit. Limited tailgating would have been good PR. 

Would it be better PR that they are the cause of a virus being spread so people could attend a televised sporting event in person?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Don’t get me wrong, any plan would have to include appropriate mitigation approaches.  They work.  But it could be done.

Good points.

Just looking at KC last night, they had fans in all sections spaced out, so chances are they would need almost a full security staff to have enough to cover the areas. This also requires most of the concession stands being opened or partially opened. It wouldn't be a problem if they could have everyone sitting in only a couple areas, but then how do they get spaced out properly?

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Would it be better PR that they are the cause of a virus being spread so people could attend a televised sporting event in person?

Just looking at KC last night, they had fans in all sections spaced out, so chances are they would need almost a full security staff to have enough to cover the areas. This also requires most of the concession stands being opened or partially opened. It wouldn't be a problem if they could have everyone sitting in only a couple areas, but then how do they get spaced out properly?

I’d have to look at the stadium configuration in detail

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Limited outdoor seating events is a fairly common practice in my area not in stadiums. You sound kind of arrogant. My beef is people who use masks as ascots. 

23 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because groups throwing tantrums for not being able to drink in a parking lot and attend a sporting event is the same as racism and people being killed at the hands of police officers who's job was to simply arrest. I mean, the protests can wait because nothing is going to change and it will keep happening when the pandemic is over, they can all hold their protests then......

Why waste time talking to me when you could be out there rioting?  Please, stand in the very front and take no nonsense from the police or anyone else. Assault the mounted police horses! Why put up with any b.s., ya know?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

True but just to show up OUTSIDE a stadium and get arrested is doing to much considering other states are allowing thousands of people INSIDE there stadiums. No biggie. Just saying

Your landlord can't throw a party in your apartment just because they own it. The Bills lease the property from the county, so it becomes their private property under that lease.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why waste time talking to me when you could be out there rioting?  Please, stand in the very front and take no nonsense from the police or anyone else. Assault the mounted police horses! Why put up with any nonsense, ya know?

Now, now, let sleeping Mongo’s sleep! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, I-town Bills said:

Limited outdoor seating events is a fairly common practice in my area not in stadiums. You sound kind of arrogant. My beef is people who use masks as ascots. 

You mentioned nothing about masks, you said that it would be bad PR for the Bills to not allow people to tailgate at the stadium. I said it might be worse PR to be the cause of an outbreak because you allowed it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

When it's private property and they have warned people that they are not permitted on them it doesn't matter what other places are doing. Some places have decided not to take this seriously and some have taken it seriously that they can allow lesser restrictions. It's sad that it comes down to this because some people feel the rules only apply when they like them

I couldnt  imagine living such a sad life as an alcoholic that not being able to stand in a parking lot drinking heavily on a Sunday morning while people throw themselves through tables before a sporting event I can watch on tv would get me so upset I would be willing to risk being arrested or fined so I could be there.

regardless of alcohol, private property owners have a legal right to have company in conformity to NY state  public gathering laws. since when is it ok to shut down Abott Rd? I mean, Pennsylvania Avenue hasn't shut down despite burning, looting, and murder.it's authoritarian. but as most people know, it's rules for thee, but not for me. and to think it's "ok" because most Americans are too stoopid to realize what's righteous and just, and in the nation's best interest, is ignorant and exactly the intolerance we ALL hope to overcome

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

regardless of alcohol, private property owners have a legal right to have company in conformity to NY state  public gathering laws. since when is it ok to shut down Abott Rd? I mean, Pennsylvania Avenue hasn't shut down despite burning, looting, and murder.it's authoritarian. but as most people know, it's rules for thee, but not for me. and to think it's "ok" because most Americans are too stoopid to realize what's righteous and just, and in the nation's best interest, is ignorant and exactly the intolerance we ALL hope to overcome

They shut it down every home game. 

16 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why waste time talking to me when you could be out there rioting?  Please, stand in the very front and take no nonsense from the police or anyone else. Assault the mounted police horses! Why put up with any b.s., ya know?

Hey look, an Old white man who thinks everything is fine the way it is......

When did I say I would join the riots/protests or was anti police? All I was saying is that theres a big difference between throwing tantrums and wanting to 'protest' so you can attend a sporting event and tailgate, and protesting blacks being killed during routine minor police confrontations.