Just a reminder that live NFL football is back starting tonight at 8:20pm on NBC

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

In solidarity, we will be boycotting all Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday NFL games.

For the entire regular season..

You mad lad.  I would join your noble endeavor, but I don't think I have it in me to be so controversial and brave.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Because they think they are American patriots by “boycotting” the NFL. Just like vegans, they need to let everyone know that they are better than you 

Boycotts are dumb, and I mean that for every ideology. I'll never let a company's politics or donations or whatever stop me from enjoying something I love.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This Covid craziness has changed the way I view sports as well.

Not in terms of not wanting to watch live games--that's the only part I still love--but in terms of wasting countless hours on a daily basis "following" sports and listening to sports talk radio.

I kicked the radio habit and haven't listened to hardly anything since March.  Haven't really followed the daily stuff with the team.

Used to listen to hours of sports radio all day; I've replaced with that with much more meaningful pursuits.

But the games--at least the good ones, the big ones, the Bills--I will still watch and enjoy.

It was easy to kick the sports radio habit. I barely want to hear what those jokers think about sports.  Starting in March they were stuck talking about anything BUT sports.  No thanks. 

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Who wants to watch a political demonstration?  It will have a CNN feel.

I will watch the Bills this year, won't be watching the other games.

Poor little dear.

I am pumped about football. Mahomes v. Watson is super intriguing. How Marcia Brady looks on a new team is masochistically intriguing. The list goes on.

If the players and commentators want to advocate for human decency and equity, then I'm here for that, too.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

If the players and commentators want to advocate for human decency and equity, then I'm here for that, too.

Ha ha. Again when it fits your views you are all fine with it. Yes saying cops hunt down Blacks and disregarding the excesses of BLM and what they really stand for is to "advocate for human decency and equity". Tell me, Drew Brees is such an awful human being I suppose? Years of real charity work, community service for his adopted city and state, big donations in time and money, but he is goddam awful right just because he didn't tow the line 100%? I can't stand you moralists. 

As mentioned by many, lots of wife beaters, violent guys and all that on our team and others, and we still watch the game. Football unites us, the other stuff divides. To me it's one thing for some players to be vocal about this, I expect that, quite another when the LEAGUE gets into it as well, the networks, pregame shows, etc. As if there isn't enough mentions of all this everywhere we look already. 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

It was easy to kick the sports radio habit. I barely want to hear what those jokers think about sports.  Starting in March they were stuck talking about anything BUT sports.  No thanks. 

Yes!  When that happened, and there really was NOTHING in the sports world to talk about, I quickly realized it was time to turn the radio off.  And once I did that for something like 6 months, I didn't find myself wanting to turn it back on, even if there is more to talk about now.

I sort of developed new habits on how to use the time.

• Like (+1) 1

I really wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes. I mean granted, football isn't everything but the attitudes of some people on a football message board just being down and not giving a damn about football is just weird to me. Some people on here "oh, screw this game tonight. I'm not as interested as I normally am. I'll watch the Bills but screw other games". This has been a crazy offseason and tonight is a good night for football so people just having this "ah, the hell with football" attitude I just don't get. You do you though I guess 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Seriously, so many people were needlessly obnoxiously pessimistic 6 months ago. Glad they're eating crow, except they'll never actually admit it

I was skeptical that there would be a season, and I'm still crossing my fingers that Covid does not abbreviate it, but I'm very glad that there will be games played. I could use the distraction. So you may consider this to be some crow eating. Yum!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Yes!  When that happened, and there really was NOTHING in the sports world to talk about, I quickly realized it was time to turn the radio off.  And once I did that for something like 6 months, I didn't find myself wanting to turn it back on, even if there is more to talk about now.

And that's exactly WHY the NFL, NHL, etc. should stay clear of pushing some of their fans away. Many of them will simply not come back. I have loved the Bills for decades, I am a Josh Allen guy since day 1 and it's just grown with his behavior and abilities and dedication, this team is now on the cusp of greatness, yet I have to almost artificially maintain my interest at this point.

I hope to get hooked again come Sunday. I choose to but it's an emotion, it's not logical. I suspect there are many more like me. Makes no business sense to push them away. With all the Covid madness and constant social turmoil, we need a release, NOT more reminders of social issues that the NFL has no control over anyway!

UFC has been the model so far. I expect some fighters to go all in with some cause at one point, but that's them, not the organisation in its promos, ads, talk shows, etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

And that's exactly WHY the NFL, NHL, etc. should stay clear of pushing some of their fans away. Many of them will simply not come back. I have loved the Bills for decades, I am a Josh Allen guy since day 1 and it's just grown with his behavior and abilities and dedication, this team is now on the cusp of greatness, yet I have to almost artificially maintain my interest at this point.

I hope to get hooked again come Sunday. I choose to but it's an emotion, it's not logical. I suspect there are many more like me. Makes no business sense to push them away. With all the Covid madness and constant social turmoil, we need a release, NOT more reminders of social issues that the NFL has no control over anyway!

UFC has been the model so far. I expect some fighters to go all in with some cause at one point, but that's them, not the organisation in its promos, ads, talk shows, etc.

This sounds like shut up and just play.  Why can Kid Rock, Dana White, etc voice their opinions but nfl players can?

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This sounds like shut up and just play.  Why can Kid Rock, Dana White, etc voice their opinions but nfl players can?

You only read what you want to read don't you?

I have mentioned time and again the difference between athletes saying things and when it's now the league/networks/etc. BTW can you go at work and start preaching whatever divisive POV you want? In most places, nope.

You just agree with the "causes" so don't mind it being forcefed on any and all media channels. Well, of course you don't care. The NFL, Bills, etc will lose money, not you.

Dana White is actually the perfect example. He makes no secret he is a Trump supporter and has spoken at both the 2016 & 2020 RNC, but you'd never know watching the UFC cards, shows, promos, etc. He does it on his "own time", not on UFC time.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

You only read what you want to read don't you?

I have mentioned time and again the difference between athletes saying things and when it's now the league/networks/etc. BTW can you go at work and start preaching whatever divisive POV you want? In most places, nope.

You just agree with the "causes" so don't mind it being forcefed on any and all media channels. Well, of course you don't care. The NFL, Bills, etc will lose money, not you.

Dana White is actually the perfect example. He makes no secret he is a Trump supporter and has spoken at both the 2016 & 2020 RNC, but you'd never know watching the UFC cards, shows, promos, etc. He does it on his "own time", not on UFC time.

Fair points 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I was skeptical that there would be a season, and I'm still crossing my fingers that Covid does not abbreviate it, but I'm very glad that there will be games played. I could use the distraction. So you may consider this to be some crow eating. Yum!

Since you're admitting it, you likely werent being an obnoxious brat about it! It was reasonable to worry, not to state absolutes antagonistically, which happened here enough to be irritating 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Well, I'm happy for you, but surprised it took the virus for you to turn it off.  Sports radio has been horrible for years, maybe decades.  

You know what I don't like about it?  They don't talk about the games.   I love sports for one reason - the games.   The Chiefs and Texans could play a 44-40 thriller tonight, lead changes, two scores in the last minute, all of that, and unless there was a super-controversial call that decided the game, tomorrow sports radio will be talking about Jerry Jones or some player accused of beating up his girlfriend.  You get to November, and sports radio is talking about how the GM for this team or that is planning for next year's draft.  

I just care about the games.  

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is 820 the actual kickoff time?  I refuse to watch any of the pregame nonsense. 

Record on your DVR and start watching about an hour late.

You'll finish watching the game around the time it ends anyway, only you won't have seen any pre-game BS, halftime BS, or commercials. You can even FF through lengthy review situations, etc.

NFL footballs are 80% delay, 20% game, if that.

• Like (+1) 1