Just a reminder that live NFL football is back starting tonight at 8:20pm on NBC

BillsFan4

33 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Geez, I figured this would be a positive, happy thread. When I started it I figured we could all share in the excitement of having NFL football back. Shows what I know... 🤷‍♂️😂

That's TBD for ya. :D

I'm looking forward to watching tonight's game, although I won't be finished with work in time to watch the entire game. I love football, so I'm ready for the season to start tonight.

Of course the excitement will come from everyone here on Sunday.

Now with NFL football starting tonight, we can now say that in 2020, September is the greatest month in sports.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

So is every game thread now going to be people coming in to say they will not be watching the game? If you don't want to watch the NFL that's your right. Why do you need to let everyone know?

Maybe we can have two threads: one for those watching, and one for those not watching where they can discuss how they’re not watching....

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Your post is a good indicator of the long-term changes COVID is driving.  People's interests ARE changing.  

I can respect that.  I'm changing too, but i think I'm still hooked on the NFL.

I will say there was a time If you told me that if sports was going away for months, I don’t know if I would have made it.  But I didn’t miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.

that said, I didn’t have to miss the Bills and that’s a whole different level.  I couldn’t imagine not having the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So is every game thread now going to be people coming in to say they will not be watching the game? If you don't want to watch the NFL that's your right. Why do you need to let everyone know?

Because they think they are American patriots by “boycotting” the NFL. Just like vegans, they need to let everyone know that they are better than you 

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm curious as to what your feelings are on Jim Kelly?  And you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I think Kelly is the most overrated player in Bills history and I know he’s a scumbag who “found” God.  Also C.Biscuit is just a play on sea biscuit.

but I’m not the one saying I’m not going to watch.  I love football.  Just pointing that if social justice is your breaking point and not all the other Terrible things football players do, your morals are messed up. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I've just found other things I like to do more than spend every waking moment in front of the television just because a game, any game, is on. I'll be at the gym with my sons during the first half of the game more than likely and then preparing for my work day tomorrow when I get home. Covid and the ensuing effects have shown me that I really don't care about sports in general as much as I thought I did. I will still watch my favorite teams play and root for them, but the luster of it all has definitely faded. I used to have like 3 FF leagues every year as well up until this year, but now I'm only in one and halfway could care less about that as well. If that doesn't make sense to some? Oh well, and by no means am I directing that as a slight at you my friend. Just saying in general. 

This Covid craziness has changed the way I view sports as well.

Not in terms of not wanting to watch live games--that's the only part I still love--but in terms of wasting countless hours on a daily basis "following" sports and listening to sports talk radio.

I kicked the radio habit and haven't listened to hardly anything since March.  Haven't really followed the daily stuff with the team.

Used to listen to hours of sports radio all day; I've replaced with that with much more meaningful pursuits.

But the games--at least the good ones, the big ones, the Bills--I will still watch and enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Seriously, so many people were needlessly obnoxiously pessimistic 6 months ago. Glad they're eating crow, except they'll never actually admit it

I was hesitant about the season going the distance (fingers crossed it does). Why do you think people won't "admit it" lol? It's not like there's a sinister cabal of Bills fans who were actively working to have the season canceled in the name of a pandemic. Take a chill pill with some beer, football's back!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Because they think they are American patriots by “boycotting” the NFL. Just like vegans, they need to let everyone know that they are better than you 

Wow, only 2 sentences and you took a solid shot at the left and right wing at the same time! 

Good work.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will say there was a time If you told me that if sports was going away for months, I don’t know if I would have made it.  But I didn’t miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.

that said, I didn’t have to miss the Bills and that’s a whole different level.  I couldn’t imagine not having the Bills.  

When everything startied shutting down at the same time, it hit me pretty hard!  I like watching a variety of sports on TV and for quite a while there, nothing was going on.  It forced me to find other things to do, and I did.  I have new habits built up now and I hope to not piss away so much time "following sports" in the future.

I will still enjoy game discussion here and things like that, as the Bills season unfolds.

If the Sabres ever resume playing hockey (LOL) I will watch games, but little more.

I have seen maybe 2 NHL playoff games so far, thought both were boring and "off" with no crowd...haven't seen much. 

Etc.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I was hesitant about the season going the distance (fingers crossed it does). Why do you think people won't "admit it" lol? It's not like there's a sinister cabal of Bills fans who were actively working to have the season canceled in the name of a pandemic. Take a chill pill with some beer, football's back!

I mean, wasn’t the entire media world up in arms about how going on with Free Agency and the draft was the biggest mistake the NFL could possibly make and it would end in disaster? Did those guys ever admit they were wrong? People like to be sensationalist but rarely admit when they’re full of it.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I actually prepared myself for it mentally tbh because I didn't know how all of this would play out. It would have definitely been different to not have Saturday's with Notre Dame football and Sunday's with Bills football, but not having an NCAA Basketball Tourney this year really made everything sink in for me. It also gave me time to get out and do a bunch of different things with my kids that we typically wouldn't do together as often as we have the last few months. Their life was school, video games, and doing whatever on the weekends with their friends usually outside of going to theme parks or recreational type places. When school and hanging out with their friends all the time was taken away we started doing a lot of things together that we didn't do as often anymore. Things were changing because they were getting older and life does that to kids as they get into their teens. In some ways the pandemic has brought us all closer again, even though many of the other lingering effects are still a pain in the nuggets. I will enjoy it while it lasts because they are only young for so long and then adulthood happens for them as well. 

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know plenty of people who genuinely don’t want sports to get political either way because it is their escape and I totally respect that.

i also know some trash human being you are racist scum who love football yet hate the people that play it.  So I don’t have any problem with that trash getting weeded out.  They can go watch bowling. 

Why are you so miserable ??? 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, wasn’t the entire media world up in arms about how going on with Free Agency and the draft was the biggest mistake the NFL could possibly make and it would end in disaster? Did those guys ever admit they were wrong? People like to be sensationalist but rarely admit when they’re full of it.

I don't quite remember it like that but I don't watch sports talk shows so it's possible I missed statements to that effect. Those shows suck. Regardless, I was responding to a post that was suggesting other Bills fans, not the media, wouldn't "eat crow." 

Anyway, let's just hope this season doesn't go all wonky. I think we're going to be good and I don't want any asterisks lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I'm not referring to fans like you, I'm talking about holier than thou posters that were smarmy enough it seemed they wanted us to have the misery of no season. It was really, really annoying, and entirely baseless upon an honest inspection of history, data, literature etc.

Anyway, cheers to football being back. Watching tonight with some friends I haven't seen in ages 

• Like (+1) 1