Just a reminder that live NFL football is back starting tonight at 8:20pm on NBC

BillsFan4

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

And here we are, about to have the start of an NFL season, something I was assured by many fans here was never going to happen and I was foolish for believing it could. Remember when every single thread started had a Debbie Downer or two respond with "Doesn't matter because there isn't going to be a season."

So glad we have football. Whatever else 2020 brings (zombie apocalypse maybe?) I'll be happy if I have some football to watch.

Seriously, so many people were needlessly obnoxiously pessimistic 6 months ago. Glad they're eating crow, except they'll never actually admit it

• Like (+1) 1

Have to admit  that before things started I was extremely skeptical there would be any semblance of a normal season or even a season period - esp after how (non-bubble) MLB started.  It really is a testament so far to the players and staffs that they've shown discipline across the league to stay careful w/o being locked down in a bubble (amazing to me really).  Risk is going to notched up when teams start traveling though...

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 4

It's the first game of the season that I thought probably would not happen a few months back.

You're damn right I'll enjoy it but not nearly as much as Sunday at 11:00 am Mountain Time!

As for the other stuff I believe I have enough self discipline to separate it from the "game" that I'll be enjoying. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Who wants to watch a political demonstration?  It will have a CNN feel.

I will watch the Bills this year, won't be watching the other games.

I plan on watching. If it is a political demonstration I will then make my determination whether or not to continue watching games other than the Bills (I plan on watching the Bills no matter what).  I want to see what really is happening instead of deciding on what I think may happen.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Who wants to watch a political demonstration?  It will have a CNN feel.

I will watch the Bills this year, won't be watching the other games.

Thanks for letting us know!!!

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Can’t Wait!”

- Bart Scott

- YOLO

“You play to win the Game.”

- Herm Edwards 

- C.Biscuit

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I plan on watching. If it is a political demonstration I will then make my determination whether or not to continue watching games other than the Bills (I plan on watching the Bills no matter what).  I want to see what really is happening instead of deciding on what I think may happen.

So domestic violence didn’t dissuade you from watching but silent protesting for equality might be the final straw?  Seems reasonable.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for letting us know!!!

“You play to win the Game.”

- Herm Edwards 

- C.Biscuit

So domestic violence didn’t dissuade you from watching but silent protesting for equality might be the final straw?  Seems reasonable.

So you are actively supporting domestic violence when you watch? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So, you think all NFL players should be tarred with the brush of a few horrible human beings that play(ed) football?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've just found other things I like to do more than spend every waking moment in front of the television just because a game, any game, is on. I'll be at the gym with my sons during the first half of the game more than likely and then preparing for my work day tomorrow when I get home. Covid and the ensuing effects have shown me that I really don't care about sports in general as much as I thought I did. I will still watch my favorite teams play and root for them, but the luster of it all has definitely faded. I used to have like 3 FF leagues every year as well up until this year, but now I'm only in one and halfway could care less about that as well. If that doesn't make sense to some? Oh well, and by no means am I directing that as a slight at you my friend. Just saying in general. 

That's ok. I didn't take it that way. You have kids to keep you busy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It's my take on it as well. The political and current flavor of the month will eventually fade, football will remain. But it is a dangerous slope by the NFL. Let's face it, our love for the game is that, love. It's not logical nor the rationally best investment of our time! So if we lose that emotion for the game, we can be gone forever, and I expect a significant amount of fans to be gone if they keep pushing divisive topics down our TV. 

People from all walks of life, race, political and religious views, economic levels, etc.watch football, The sport is what draws us in collectively. Don't force feed other stuff and push some of your paying customers or viewers away! It simply makes no business sense, and to those who support the causes, you think it will convince others to do the same because the NFL says so?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, you think all NFL players should be tarred with the brush of a few horrible human beings that play(ed) football?

I just think it’s disingenuous that people were upset about Kaep taking a knee than Joe Mixon breaking a woman’s jaw. I think there are a lot of phony patriots and I would have quit the Bills if they drafted Mixon.  I’m weird and think domestic violence is worse than silent protesting, which is what our country is founded on.  

I also missed all the patriotic fans calling out other fans for going to the bathroom, getting beers, and talking during the anthem before CK.  It’s funny to me that some of the most “patriotic” fans don’t realize they are just pawns by politicians who are pandering to them for votes.

if Incognito wanted to take a knee for the orange thing, I won’t care.  But it does bother me more than the guy is a trash person who got arrested for threatening to beat up his grandmother, throw weights at people in a gym, and threaten to shoot up a funeral home.  Again, missed the outrage on him getting another contract.  

• Like (+1) 3

Weird feel this year for sure. 

I haven’t watched ANY sports except the Belmont Stakes, and without the crowd in attendance, that was like watching any random Wednesday Race #8. 

I’m usually a big hockey fan and couldn’t get into the playoffs. I  like to have a random baseball game on the radio or playing low on the TV. Not this year. 

Today, I’m  psyched for football to get started. I am hoping it reignites my interest in all the sports I love. 

...and I expect the first two weeks of the season to contain a lot of ugly football. That usually happens even when there’s a full slate of preseason games. A lot of good teams, on paper, screw themselves by playing poorly in the first few weeks.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just think it’s disingenuous that people were upset about Kaep taking a knee than Joe Mixon breaking a woman’s jaw. I think there are a lot of phony patriots and I would have quit the Bills if they drafted Mixon.  I’m weird and think domestic violence is worse than silent protesting, which is what our country is founded on.  

I also missed all the patriotic fans calling out other fans for going to the bathroom, getting beers, and talking during the anthem before CK.  It’s funny to me that some of the most “patriotic” fans don’t realize they are just pawns by politicians who are pandering to them for votes.

if Incognito wanted to take a knee for the orange thing, I won’t care.  But it does bother me more than the guy is a trash person who got arrested for threatening to beat up his grandmother, throw weights at people in a gym, and threaten to shoot up a funeral home.  Again, missed the outrage on him getting another contract.  

We can take this to PPP where it is still being discussed if you like, so as not to bring politics onto the main board.

8 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

It's my take on it as well. The political and current flavor of the month will eventually fade, football will remain. But it is a dangerous slope by the NFL. Let's face it, our love for the game is that, love. It's not logical nor the rationally best investment of our time! So if we lose that emotion for the game, we can be gone forever, and I expect a significant amount of fans to be gone if they keep pushing divisive topics down our TV. 

People from all walks of life, race, political and religious views, economic levels, etc.watch football, The sport is what draws us in collectively. Don't force feed other stuff and push some of your paying customers or viewers away! It simply makes no business sense, and to those who support the causes, you think it will convince others to do the same because the NFL says so?

I do respect that point.  I also think there are a lot of terrible people who watch football who are racist and make the world worse everyday.  The NFL would be better off without them. 

• Like (+1) 1