Bills announce captains

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For whatever reason, they wear the all whites at home at least twice a year.  I always prefer blue on white at home.

I can understand in the earlier games where heat can be a factor, have the away team wear the darks.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

36 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

no Tre White is a lil surprising - but other than that, I love the group

I look at it as one defensive captain per unit of the defense. 

The leader of the front four is Jerry Hughes.

The leader of the linebackers (and to some extent, the whole defense) is Tremaine Edmunds

The leaders of the secondary have been Hyde and Poyer for a few years now. I'm admittedly surprised to see Poyer over Hyde, but I knew it would be one of the two of them. They're the quarterbacks of the secondary, and are vastly, VASTLY underrated by the NFL audience as a whole.

Edited by Logic

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do they even bother with QBs being captains? Allen is a good leader but every team, except Michigan State when they had Connor Douche Cool, names qbs captains.  

but we have a good group of leaders on this team.  

Regardless, Josh Allen is a leader and respected in the locker room. And in the past the players have voted on it. Not sure of this year.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I think Hughes has been a captain before.

Definitely a first for Poyer. Good for him, although I would have thought Micah Hyde would have been a captain.

I also thought that Lee Smith was going to be a captain.

same- I thought Micah was more of the leader...

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Jerry Hughes might become the first player in NFL history to pick up a 15 yard personal foul during the pre-game coin flip.

And we will love it...  pure passion. It might be me, Jerry looks thicker/stalkier this year. 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Hughes and Poyer surprise me

Yeah, me too.  Well, Hughes at least.

He comes off like an individual and not a team guy, though he has gotten much better with taking his selfish UR penalties.

The team is going to miss the leadership of Lorenzo Alexander.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

While I love me some poyer, I find it strange that Tre isn’t a Captain.  He’s our mr everything. On and off the field.  He’s pretty much the perfect teammate

Tre has a great personality but (not saying he isn't a leader) that doesn't necessarily equate to him leading.