PPP Under Fire

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's most amazing about this thread is all the posters who can't hang with the second rule are the ones most loudly objecting (objecting to what, no one knows considering the subject of the thread) :lol: 

It's hilariously predictable

I’d not have thought your initial post would get some of these folks so worked up.  You have So Tier with very aggressive language directed at a very respectful poster—I’d say his borders on mansplainin, very poor form as society changes—you’ve got poster Under50 lobbying insults with a probably unintended creepy vibe, and BillBuke going all Contagion and calling you Patient Zed.  

Be honest—this is a science experiment of some sort, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

You just described every war that ever took place.

Funny how you equate the current political situation in the US to a war.   Thanks for the confirmation. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

1. "Can you "protest" while working at your job? Could you force your employer to allow you to "protest" on the job?  Or, should  your job be a place of work and dedication to that job when on  the company's dime?"

When employees have enough power, they can.  Industrial labor unions demonstrated beginning in the 1930s through the 1960s.  Professional sports are dependent upon individuals with special talents to have success because their "product" is entertainment.  There are fewer than 10,000 men at any given time good enough to play in the NFL, NBA, and MLB.  Without the players, there is no product, and most -- 70 percent or more -- NFL, NBA, and MLB players are Black or Latino.  That's power.   They aren't the easily replaceable cogs in an industrial or commercial machine.

More importantly, just because you, as a white conservative, don't recognize or ignore evidence of significant changes in society doesn't mean that those changes aren't happening or haven't happened.   Society is constantly changing.  Deal with it.

2.  What exactly are your definitions of ""rational", "reasonable" and "unemotional"?   I'm not the one calling other posters names or getting warned much less banned.  I'm the one posting facts that some other posters don't like because it reminds them of the failure of the current occupant of the White House to effectively do his job, which is to lead the country.

3.  Never say never. 

Excuse me, but I think that you're blowing smoke, lady.   I've disagreed with the premises of numerous threads/posts posted on PPP, TSW, and OTW and have never had issues with Hapless except when I've been warned about the way that I wrote some posts, but never with the opposition itself.   If you take your own advice and post in a "rational","reasonable", and/or "unemotional" manner, you aren't going to have posts deleted.

1. Who said I am white? I am definitely not a conservative.  🙂

2. I have called you names?  :blink:

I am "blowing snoke?" M'kay. 

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In other words: "people don't think like me here so I want to shut it all down -- even if that means destroying the rest of the site in the process."

No different than you wanting to be a mod down here so you can control the narrative. 

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...See, having a present mod would make things like this less frequent. 

Keep up the good fight, maybe it can be you! 

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In other words: "people don't think like me here so I want to shut it all down -- even if that means destroying the rest of the site in the process."

It's a big site. Pretty sure TSW would survive if PPP went away--nice bit of self importance there though, Jesus!

It would just make the place more collegial and you all can go join a private board somewhere and continue the negativity-fest.

Edited by shoshin

2 hours ago, Billsmisery said:

I'm the one who just pulled out of your wife and shot my load all over your wedding pics.

That’s pretty sick.  For real.  I enjoy difference of opinion and can put up with the hyperbolic insults and even the delusional nonsense.  But this crossed a line.   It’s just demented.  You gotta go. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, shoshin said:

It's a big site. Pretty sure TSW would survive if PPP went away--nice bit of self importance there though, Jesus!

It would just make the place more collegial and you all can go join a private board somewhere and continue the negativity-fest.

Or you can just suck it up and not come down here if it's not to your liking.

You know, act like an adult.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s pretty sick.  For real.  I enjoy difference of opinion and can put up with the hyperbolic insults and even the delusional nonsense.  But this crossed a line.   It’s just demented.  You gotta go. 

I agree with you (for once) but this is just one of many posts of this nature that he has made. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nanker said:

Bernie is a self-serving pandering politician. He’s become wealthy by running for POTUS all the while lining his pockets with campaign contributions funneled to his wife’s fake media company who took 10% of each media placement. 

He’s a communist sympathizer and would be sucking the Kremlin’s balls if he ever got elected as President. 

Terrible post - Rule #2 needs to be followed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's not what I would consider wealthy. If a 35 year old had $50,000 in a 401k and never contributed another cent, they would likely exceed Bernie's net worth by the time they reached his age. 

Given how frequently Sanders has hammered Putin, I don't really see him being a Russian ally.

He honeymooned in the USSR. He extolled the virtues of communism. You don’t know his history, do you. 

6 hours ago, shoshin said:

You could just shut your gd mouth and go back to crying about the billions who are GONNA DIE FROM COVID, you silly B word.

You’re a hysterical Karen in the middle of a 6 month meltdown,    No one gives a 💩.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

You could just shut your gd mouth and go back to crying about the billions who are GONNA DIE FROM COVID, you silly B word.

(My view: We should have been closed for a maximum of two weeks, if that, and only in the hardest hit areas (NYC, some other northeast cities). At this point, the only people that should be taking lots of precautions are those at high risk. The rest of us should be at work, school, and restaurants.)

Maybe you're "thinking" of someone else as you name call and minimize the deaths from a world pandemic.

You seem like a good example of the great benefits and community building that people can see at TBD when they visit the PPP side!

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Or you can just suck it up and not come down here if it's not to your liking.

You know, act like an adult.

With the exception of this thread and the Covid one, that's what I've done for quite a while.

But ignoring the sewer backing up in your basement doesn't mean the TBD house doesn't smell.

The powers-that-be can do whatever they want but PPP is a dark and seedy place...and that's only the things I know about.  

You'll note that I didn't start this thread. Deranged Rhino invited a discussion about the merits of PPP. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

With the exception of this thread and the Covid one, that's what I've done for quite a while.

But ignoring the sewer backing up in your basement doesn't mean the TBD house doesn't smell.

The powers-that-be can do whatever they want but PPP is a dark and seedy place...and that's only the things I know about.  

You'll note that I didn't start this thread. Deranged Rhino invited a discussion about the merits of PPP. 

...what a crock....a few bad apples make PPP in its ENTIRETY a dark and seedy place?...you know damn well those few bad apples love their role of showing up ONLY to goad, incite and foment PERIOD.....constructive dialogue?...don't hold your breath ......

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what a crock....a few bad apples make PPP in its ENTIRETY a dark and seedy place?...you know damn well those few bad apples love their role of showing up ONLY to goad, incite and foment PERIOD.....constructive dialogue?...don't hold your breath ......

So who are the bad apples?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I feel like we here at PPP are Arizona and certain posters like Shoshin have moved here from California to get away from that state, while at the same time advocating to run things here like they do in California. They used to call those people "carpetbaggers". 

• Like (+1) 1

The troll and conspiracy posters are a visible symptom. PPP has bred far worse than that. 

That doesn’t mean you guys should be banned. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I actually enjoy the idiots and find them entertaining. It  does not take long to figure out people like billstime and kemp will post anything to get a reaction. Accuracy and truth mean nothing to them but letting them and a few others rant is the cost of having a free open discussion. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I feel like we here at PPP are Arizona and certain posters like Shoshin have moved here from California to get away from that state, while at the same time advocating to run things here like they do in California. They used to call those people "carpetbaggers". 

You can have a PPP all over the internets. Go to Twitter. Create your own basement where you can mock all the TBD posters and engage in any behavior you want. I’m sure SDS would even allow you to link to it here. 

Rhino started a dialog about PPP’s great community building merits and I chimed in dubious about it and amused that he would “accept if nominated” as moderator here, given his behavior as lead name caller and agenda pusher. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually enjoy the idiots and find them entertaining. It  does not take long to figure out people like billstime and kemp will post anything to get a reaction. Accuracy and truth mean nothing to them but letting them and a few others rant is the cost of having a free open discussion. 

Those are two good posters, the right wing poster that just scream, rant and insult constantly are the ones that make the place toxic for decent conversation 

15 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's not what I would consider wealthy. If a 35 year old had $50,000 in a 401k and never contributed another cent, they would likely exceed Bernie's net worth by the time they reached his age. 

Given how frequently Sanders has hammered Putin, I don't really see him being a Russian ally.

If you honeymooned in Moscow in 1988..... you might be a commie!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Those are two good posters, the right wing poster that just scream, rant and insult constantly are the ones that make the place toxic for decent conversation 

Tibs last week you told me FU and the last time I pointed out a lie from BT he lied about me and also called me a racist, but remind me why you guys are the decent ones?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, shoshin said:

You can have a PPP all over the internets. Go to Twitter. Create your own basement where you can mock all the TBD posters and engage in any behavior you want. I’m sure SDS would even allow you to link to it here. 

Rhino started a dialog about PPP’s great community building merits and I chimed in dubious about it and amused that he would “accept if nominated” as moderator here. 

My guess is that DR really has no desire to be a moderator thus needing to temper what he has to post. As a relative newbie here at PPP what difference does it make to you if this place exists? I don't mock TBD posters other than PPP posters who post lies or really stupid stuff. It seems to me that you don't think you're prepared to discuss PPP things here so you'd just as soon have it disbanded. Cancel Culture hits close to home.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My guess is that DR really has no desire to be a moderator thus needing to temper what he has to post. As a relative newbie here at PPP what difference does it make to you if this place exists? I don't mock TBD posters other than PPP posters who post lies or really stupid stuff. It seems to me that you don't think you're prepared to discuss PPP things here so you'd just as soon have it disbanded. Cancel Culture hits close to home.

Other than being a good feeder, politics is somewhat antithetical to football. TBD will survive just fine without PPP. If the management of PPP is a problem, then yes, close it and invade some other forum, destroy it and move on to another. 

2 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Other than being a good feeder, politics is somewhat antithetical to football. TBD will survive just fine without PPP. If the management of PPP is a problem, then yes, close it and invade some other forum, destroy it and move on to another. 

The reason for creating PPP in the first place was to keep politics out of TSW. It's kept TSW away from politics and makes it a better place. Any problems at PPP are created by the invasion of idiots like BillSlime who continuously posts stuff that is patently false. (I've already caught him 3 times just this morning) There are others, many of them who have had numerous different screen names. They've been previously banned but come back with a different name but the same schtick. For example, BillsMisery is back telling other posters how he is boffing their wives. He doesn't remember that kind of talk got him banned in the first place.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

(My view: We should have been closed for a maximum of two weeks, if that, and only in the hardest hit areas (NYC, some other northeast cities). At this point, the only people that should be taking lots of precautions are those at high risk. The rest of us should be at work, school, and restaurants.)

Maybe you're "thinking" of someone else as you name call and minimize the deaths from a world pandemic.

You seem like a good example of the great benefits and community building that people can see at TBD when they visit the PPP side!

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

The troll and conspiracy posters are a visible symptom. PPP has bred far worse than that. 

Then don’t visit.     No one will miss your posts.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

Are we talking about COVID or PPP?

Anywho, if I thought moderation could be fair, I would just input a "low-effort post" rule.  Single photos/memes and dumb ass one liners would be reportable and deleteable.

But impartial moderation would never happen.  Self-policing or bust.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shoshin said:

PPP is “dark and seedy”. Why, Shoshin?

Show your work. 

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Rhino started a dialog about PPP’s great community building merits and I chimed in dubious about it and amused that he would “accept if nominated” as moderator here, given his behavior as lead name caller and agenda pusher. 

And what agenda is that? Show your work. 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

My guess is that DR really has no desire to be a moderator...

It's not as if I said I didn't want the job and recommended several others for it or anything :beer: 

On 9/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't want to do it, but would because I'm here enough. I'd love to see some others do it, but I have a feeling they wouldn't want the job (thinking of Buffalo Gal, Doc Brown, Azalin, KRC, and a few others).