Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

In 2 games? Come on dude.

The Bills averaged something like 26 PPG with Tyrod as their starter in 2016. I'd love to see that kind of production from such a highly touted group in Allen and Daboll on this message board. 

check the archives from the EJ era. 

And where did you get 2 games from?

37 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In 2 games? Come on dude.

The Bills averaged something like 26 PPG with Tyrod as their starter in 2016. I'd love to see that kind of production from such a highly touted group in Allen and Daboll on this message board. 

PPG can be misleading. I am not hating on Tyrod but you can run up PPG in many ways. If you have a bad defense that is giving up 30+ a game and you get some garbage time TD's to close a 17 point lead to a 10 point lead then your PPG goes up but not in a meaningful way. Tyrod's ppg benefitted from the 2015 and 2016 Rex led defenses being horrid. Josh in 2019 however had a great defense and leads late in games. Leads late means running out the clock and grinding down possessions which leads to deflated point totals. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Time out.  Are you saying that Fitz got a pass from us here when he was the Bills QB?

Ain't so

No, but in hindsight he certainly has. Fitz is lovable. We all still like the guy and he played QB for the Jets AND Dolphins since being here. Everyone treats him as a goofy gunslinger that just wasn’t quite good enough.

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, but in hindsight he certainly has. Fitz is lovable. We all still like the guy and he played QB for the Jets AND Dolphins since being here. Everyone treats him as a goofy gunslinger that just wasn’t quite good enough.

Yes, but he played for those teams AFTER us, and when we already knew what he was. I love being on the receiving end of those 4th quarter interceptions. So it can be argued that he is still benefiting our team. 😆

Plus, he has said that when reflecting back on his career, through all the teams, he considers himself a Bill first and foremost.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I always thought it was funny that Fitz is from Harvard (don’t know if you know that!) but he played the exact opposite way.  Made some terrible decisions and would lead block on runs.

if Fitz had a real arm, he would have been a top 10 qb.  Still had a career better than 85% of qbs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It's insane. 

Im ok with the argument that the offense benefited from a very friendly and effective system implemented by Greg Roman. But the "garbage TDs inflated the PPG" takes is laughable. 

And I like Allen. I think the lack offense to this point is due to their OC and conservative HC. 

I think those are fair points. Tyrod was never going to take this team very fair. He just didn’t have the tools to QB a championship team. He still deserves more credit for what he did here. There was a brief moment where he led the best drought era offense. He hasn’t gone on to have much success elsewhere, but had a couple decent seasons with us. People have forgotten how Tyrod was dynamic with legs, and had a great deep ball. 

I think some of it stems from our last memories of Tyrod with the 2018 team. He was the QB under a new regime who rightfully wanted to move on from him. They gave him the role of a game manager with the mission of not losing games. Taylor excelled in that role, but the brilliant deep throws and running game from his first two seasons as starter basically disappeared. The 2018 team also had an absolutely pathetic supporting cast of skill position players. Tyrod was never a risk taking QB, but it seemed like the Tyrod of old had been coached out of him. I attribute that to your final point regarding the conservative nature of McD involving his offense. Allen has the tools to succeed, hopefully coaching allows our offensive to enter the 21st century. 

Edited by SirAndrew

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's weird.  It is standard operating procedure at this board, now, to mock Tuh-ROD.

And yet Josh Allen is heralded as the savior, despite not much to support that.

I think it's a question of timing.

It's downright hilarious, Allen has the exact same issues that people perceive Tyrod as having.  The only major difference is Allen has major ball security issues.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 11:40 PM, Nextmanup said:

Funny how much this applies to our current QB.

The same people who vehemently defend him now did the same for Tuh-ROD when he was on the team! 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:49 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a stupid thread.  Maybe we should wait until our current qb averages more passing yards than Tyrod did when he was here.

i was more than ready to move on from Tyrod but this is just garbage and salty.  He is a good guy, decent if unspectacular qb, and helped us end the drought.  Why trash him?

It’s so weird the double standards people have here.  We just had the 23th ranked scoring offense and people are ready to build a statue.  Yet, we have a thread trashing the guy who helped us get a 10 and 12th ranked scoring offense. 

It’s like some people are trapped in some weird echo chamber with the Bills. 

He’s actually above .500.  He is a slightly worse version of Alex Smith.  Why he gets trashed is weird to me.  And I was hardly a big fan of his.  

lmao, it’s the Tyrod is better than Allen crew 🤣🤣😂

Man lost his job after 1 week 2 years in a row with 2 different teams 😂🙃😂