Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I wouldn't count on those polls being correct. There are many people who are voting for Trump that would not admit it in a poll for fear of violence against them.

NY will be closer than ever, and I think Trump might win it.

Dems are overconfident that Americans don't know what's really going on.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Try looking at polls outside of the Conservative bubble.   

Don is getting pummeled in every poll.  Even FOX NEWS polls.  

Young people prefer Biden by over 30 points. 

2016 wants their polls back

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, westside2 said:

So you dismiss Congress's erratic behavior? Are you blatantly trying to be disingenuous?

The thread topic is the presidential race, the topic I brought up is the president's behavior lately. 

You didn't like that topic. I totally get that. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

The thread topic is the presidential race, the topic I brought up is the president's behavior lately. 

You didn't like that topic. I totally get that. 

I don't mind the topic. I guess being honest is something you're not interested in. 

44 minutes ago, westside2 said:

So you dismiss Congress's erratic behavior? Are you blatantly trying to be disingenuous?

Hoax.  You’re being disingenuous by dismissing the President’s exceptionally erratic actions in the past week.  

14 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I don't mind the topic. I guess being honest is something you're not interested in. 

Irony. 

21 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I brought up the president's behavior in the last week.

You "countered" with Congress, which while interesting is a different topic. Stay on target Red Leader. 

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Glad to see this idea gaining steam. Let's stop pretending the moderators are neutral.

I don’t think we need to subject the world to more Sean hannity.  40m a year for that garbage 

8 minutes ago, meazza said:

I don’t think we need to subject the world to more Sean hannity.  40m a year for that garbage 

Go big or go home. I don't think most of America wants to hear more from Hannity or Maddow, but might as well let the biggest partisan bomb throwers from each side do their best here.

I heard Mark Levin suggested elsewhere, but he'd eviscerate Biden.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, westside2 said:

Are you being serious or have you had your head in the sand the past four months?

One would think you'd know better than to ask a question like this. Unless 3rd Chair is sticking sand up his ass there's no chance his head is getting anywhere near sand. 

6 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Glad to see this idea gaining steam. Let's stop pretending the moderators are neutral.

I fear the only problem there would be who has the ability to mute the moderators mic?  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Try looking at polls outside of the Conservative bubble.   

Don is getting pummeled in every poll.  Even FOX NEWS polls.  

Young people prefer Biden by over 30 points. 

Young voters then are stupid.  Not because they don't like Trump necessarily but that they would support anyone on the left that isn't for real fiscal restraint.  If younger people are paying attention, they should be the most ardent supporters of politicians that support responsible fiscal policies, a crackdown on illegal immigration and the adoption of trade policies that promote American jobs.  They have the most to gain from this.  Really they should be the most fiscally conservative generation alive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

...was pretty decent in Rochester years ago as a reporter......swim in The Swamp and you'll get caught......sad sack....and to lie about the "hack"?.....SMH....Scully is sullied......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Trump was bad when he defended posting the Seal Team body double nonsense and defended it with “People can make up their own mind” but that’s similar to how people post conspiracy stuff here. “I just post pizza gate for informational purposes.” The dog whistle isn’t even silent—just found the same defense you see here amusing. You know why I don’t post discussions about Trump being racist? Not because I don’t see them. I do. But because I don’t find them credible. 

But policy wise, his worst moment came when pressed on healthcare. That he had 2 houses of Congress and still didn’t get a plan passed. Still has no plan and only vague promises. That was his worst moment in issues that matter to voters. 

Biden saying he will take a position on court stacking before Nov 3 is likely a lie. 

Edited by shoshin

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Trump was bad when he defended posting the Seal Team body double nonsense and defended it with “People can make up their own mind” but that’s similar to how people post conspiracy stuff here. “I just post pizza gate for informational purposes.” The dog whistle isn’t even silent—just found the same defense you see here amusing. You know why I don’t post discussions about Trump being racist? Not because I don’t see them. I do. But because I don’t find them credible. 

But policy wise, his worst moment came when pressed on healthcare. That he had 2 houses of Congress and still didn’t get a plan passed. Still has no plan and only vague promises. That was his worst moment in issues that matter to voters. 

Biden saying he will take a position on court stacking before Nov 3 is likely a lie. 

The retweet segment was bad. 

There is clearly no health care plan. Trump likes to promise things to bride voters. Remember before 2018, if you vote Republican I'll give the middle class a tax cut. He never had a plan he was just trying to buy voters.

His entire payroll tax deferral is also the same. You need to vote for him and it'll be forgiven. I feel bad for the people that don't realize their paychecks will be substantially smaller in January.

Also the quote from his rally about North Carolina was bad. He talked about exposing Mark Meadows to COVID and he said he doesn't care. He's from North Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Also the quote from his rally about North Carolina was bad. He talked about exposing Mark Meadows to COVID and he said he doesn't care. He's from North Carolina.

I was flipping back and forth (definitely didn't have the energy to DVR one) and missed this. 

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The retweet segment was bad. 

There is clearly no health care plan. Trump likes to promise things to bride voters. Remember before 2018, if you vote Republican I'll give the middle class a tax cut. He never had a plan he was just trying to buy voters.

His entire payroll tax deferral is also the same. You need to vote for him and it'll be forgiven. I feel bad for the people that don't realize their paychecks will be substantially smaller in January.

Get a job with health benefits. Lay off the sugar and alcohol. Don't become a pill popper. Don't smoke. Don't become obese. That solves 99% of your problems. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Guthrie couldn't have been more partisan, but by doing so she helped him more than hurt him.

The ideologically based media is stuck in a paradox where the more they attack, the more they self destruct. Also, they are a humorless bunch, which makes them quite sad. Humor has profound healing powers.

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Guthrie couldn't have been more partisan, but by doing so she helped him more than hurt him.

I watched both.  Stephanopoulos challenged Biden on the court and several other issues, nd the audience asked pretty pointed questions.  Guthrie did something Trump and his supporters don't like; she held hi to account and made him actually answer questions.  When you have a candidate that refuses to answer questions then he gets what he deserves.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I watched both.  Stephanopoulos challenged Biden on the court and several other issues, nd the audience asked pretty pointed questions.  Guthrie did something Trump and his supporters don't like; she held hi to account and made him actually answer questions.  When you have a candidate that refuses to answer questions then he gets what he deserves.

So they asked Joe about the Hunter emails?

JK

I know they didn't

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gary M said:

So they asked Joe about the Hunter emails?

JK

I know they didn't

No one in the audience asked that question.  Perhaps it is because the source of those are at issue.  I find it highly questionable at best that some guy all of a sudden found a hard drive in the trash that had such things, and miraculously right before the election.  You don't find that odd?

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

Get a job with health benefits. Lay off the sugar and alcohol. Don't become a pill popper. Don't smoke. Don't become obese. That solves 99% of your problems. 

This is true, and it will certainly lower costs, but poor health has become its own industry.  We'd lose tons and tons of jobs.  It's kinda the equivalent of if we stopped war.  

54 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No one in the audience asked that question.  Perhaps it is because the source of those are at issue.  I find it highly questionable at best that some guy all of a sudden found a hard drive in the trash that had such things, and miraculously right before the election.  You don't find that odd?

Not only that, but when questioned about the timeline had about 4 or 5 different timelines on how events unfolded.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

This is true, and it will certainly lower costs, but poor health has become its own industry.  We'd lose tons and tons of jobs.  It's kinda the equivalent of if we stopped war.  

That is great. Those are two industries that we agree on that must end despite the obvious short term costs in terms of employment. 

20 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

That is great. Those are two industries that we agree on that must end despite the obvious short term costs in terms of employment. 

That's my problem with modern economies is that we invented machines to make life easier, but the 'easier' it gets the less people have ways to earn income.  Well, unless you own the machines.  

56 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Not only that, but when questioned about the timeline had about 4 or 5 different timelines on how events unfolded.

I listened to the whole interview.  The FBI will slap this guy once to get him to talk, and 10 times to shut him up.  Real interested to hear what he has to say.  

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/on-hunter-biden-remember-the-real-story

This strikes me as a fair account and demand that certain questions be asked without jumping to conclusions.

For example, the statement referred only to Biden's "official schedules." There could not have been some sort of unofficial introduction, could there? And the statement said that no meeting "as alleged by the New York Post" ever took place. There could not have been some sort of introduction that did not fit the allegation in the New York Post, could there? Certainly the Biden campaign would not make a lawyerly, evasive statement like that, would it?

The answer is not clear. Especially after Politico reported: "Biden's campaign would not rule out the possibility that the former VP had some kind of informal interaction with Pozharskyi, which wouldn't appear on Biden's official schedule. But they said any encounter would have been cursory. Pozharskyi did not respond to a request for comment."

Oh. That reporting, if accurate, made the situation a bit murkier. Perhaps there had been an "informal" interaction between the elder Biden and Pozharskyi, but it would just have been "cursory." In other words, the New York Post article, banned by social media, denounced by many journalists, might be accurate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/on-hunter-biden-remember-the-real-story

This strikes me as a fair account and demand that certain questions be asked without jumping to conclusions.

For example, the statement referred only to Biden's "official schedules." There could not have been some sort of unofficial introduction, could there? And the statement said that no meeting "as alleged by the New York Post" ever took place. There could not have been some sort of introduction that did not fit the allegation in the New York Post, could there? Certainly the Biden campaign would not make a lawyerly, evasive statement like that, would it?

The answer is not clear. Especially after Politico reported: "Biden's campaign would not rule out the possibility that the former VP had some kind of informal interaction with Pozharskyi, which wouldn't appear on Biden's official schedule. But they said any encounter would have been cursory. Pozharskyi did not respond to a request for comment."

Oh. That reporting, if accurate, made the situation a bit murkier. Perhaps there had been an "informal" interaction between the elder Biden and Pozharskyi, but it would just have been "cursory." In other words, the New York Post article, banned by social media, denounced by many journalists, might be accurate.

Considering the campaign still has yet, 3 days later, to make an actual denial denial, rather than their non-denial denial; the odds increase that the story is accurate.

Which would increase the likelihood the info on the laptop is legit, which would be very bad for the former VP as that doesn't seem to be the most damning thing on the laptop.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Considering the campaign still has yet, 3 days later, to make an actual denial denial, rather than their non-denial denial; the odds increase that the story is accurate.

Which would increase the likelihood the info on the laptop is legit, which would be very bad for the former VP as that doesn't seem to be the most damning thing on the laptop.

Or they might just be hoping the story dies out for lack of attention from the mainstream media.

42 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Why should they? It seems more like a disinformation campaign than anything else now. Don't give cresedence to hoaxes.

It's the Glen Beck argument which led to the Glen Beck case: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck_v._Eiland-Hall

Did Glen Beck rape and murder someone in 1990? Well he never said he didn't so he must have.

...debates....Biden shills in the audience.....Georgie Step-On-Top-Of-Us, "fair and imbalanced" the ex-Clintonite as ABC's best.....NBC's Arlo Guthrie's neutrality.....hope media stalwarts passed like Huntley, Brinkley, Cronkite, Murrow et al ain't watching their industry being destroyed.....stay very deep fellas.....

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...debates....Biden shills in the audience.....Georgie Step-On-Top-Of-Us, "fair and imbalanced" the ex-Clintonite as ABC's best.....NBC's Arlo Guthrie's neutrality.....hope media stalwarts passed like Huntley, Brinkley, Cronkite, Murrow et al ain't watching their industry being destroyed.....stay very deep fellas.....

Trump could have worked out a deal with Fox News. Maybe they would have even given him Hannity. Fox News has a market penetration of 91%. It's not like most Americans can't watch it or something. They just choose not to.

You want the bigger audience that the mainstream gives you, you gotta be willing to swim in the mainstream.

All of his whining about unfairness sounds a little ... whiny. Not the tough guy image he's trying to project.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1