Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Pulling out the ads makes you wonder too if Trump thinks he's going to lose. After the reports came out the campaign was struggling with money, Trump tweeted that he would personally fund the campaign. Why isn't he funding ads in major swing states?

He tweeted a billion times yesterday. Trump losing with dignity is unlikely. 

21 minutes ago, meazza said:

Not sure how that helps him.  This election is going to Biden.  I say this as someone who bet on Trump earlier in the summer.

I give this an 80% likelihood of being reconsidered by the Trump campaign. Just like the “no stimulus negotiations until after the election.” 
If the Biden campaign were smart they’d just schedule him to be somewhere else far away on debate night so they have an out when Trump reconsiders and comes crawling back. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

In-Person or nothing.

Commission trying to "save" Uncle Joe again.

Trump refuses to participate in virtual debate on Oct. 15: ‘I’m not going to waste my time’

NBC, by Christina Wilkie

Original Article

....what if Fauci is the Moderator??...just askin'..............

Pretty weak on the part of the commission.  Why is it necessary to move debate location to virtual if Trump can test multiple times that he's Covid-19 free?  Obviusly that would be a stipulation but why make this change now when it's quite possible and likely that the President is cleared before the debate?  Why not just have a contingency plan (virtual) in the event he isn't? 

https://www.debates.org/2020/10/08/cpd-announces-second-presidential-debate-will-be-virtual/

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Pretty weak on the part of the commission.  Why is it necessary to move debate location to virtual if Trump can test multiple times that he's Covid-19 free?  Obviusly that would be a stipulation but why make this change now when it's quite possible and likely that the President is cleared before the debate?  Why not just have a contingency plan (virtual) in the event he isn't? 

https://www.debates.org/2020/10/08/cpd-announces-second-presidential-debate-will-be-virtual/

Maybe because last time they didn’t get there early enough to get tested and had to proceed on the honors system without masks and it turned out they were in the middle of a Covid outbreak. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Maybe because last time they didn’t get there early enough to get tested and had to proceed on the honors system without masks and it turned out they were in the middle of a Covid outbreak. 

So test each day between now and then and require negative tests 24 hours before game time or go virtual, and Trump should debate however it's done. 

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

So test each day between now and then and require negative tests 24 hours before game time or go virtual, and Trump should debate however it's done. 

This is a town hall with actual audience members. Not the same format—general public runs this one, which is why the slide to virtual makes a bit more sense if Covid is a concern. 

21 hours ago, shoshin said:

Yup. Biden is in victory formation for 3 weeks. Just needs to handle the snap on first and second down. He can only lose in a debate. 

He's going to lose weather he debates or not. The support for Trump is overwhelming. Biden, hardly at all. The people know what's going on. Quite frankly, they are tired of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

He's going to lose weather he debates or not. The support for Trump is overwhelming. Biden, hardly at all. The people know what's going on. Quite frankly, they are tired of it. 

There is an enthusiasm gap for sure but that’s more the tyranny of merit anger. The voting gap is something that I’m not sure DJT can overcome at this point. His erratic behavior (even for him)  lately belies his worry. 

I wonder whether Ds will vote in person enough to decide Nov 3. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, shoshin said:

They are pulling out of swing races to focus on what, CA and NY?

When even Rasmussen shows Biden up by 9 nationally, there's a reason Trump is running out of cash. 

I wouldn't count on those polls being correct. There are many people who are voting for Trump that would not admit it in a poll for fear of violence against them.

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

I wouldn't count on those polls being correct. There are many people who are voting for Trump that would not admit it in a poll for fear of violence against them.

Any rule #2 evidence on this point?  Or is this just another one of your hoaxes?

Just now, shoshin said:

There is an enthusiasm gap for sure but that’s more the tyranny of merit anger. The voting gap is something that I’m not sure DJT can overcome at this point. His erratic behavior (even for him)  lately belies his worry. 

What's more erratic than early dementia? He waffles back and forth worse than Bill Clinton did. He's spent 47 years in politics, what has he accomplished?

So there’s enthusiasm in lawn signs and rallies as you noted but not in polls, because answering a poll brings violence? Doesn’t sound logical. 

What's more erratic than early dementia? He waffles back and forth worse than Bill Clinton did. He's spent 47 years in politics, what has he accomplished?

I’m old enough to remember when Trump halted the Covid stimulus talks and then didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

So there’s enthusiasm in lawn signs and rallies as you noted but not in polls, because answering a poll brings violence? Doesn’t sound logical. 

Maybe, maybe not. But people see what happens to Trump supporters on tv, and yes, that frightens them. That's pretty logical to me. 

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Are you being serious or have you had your head in the sand the past four months?

It's improper to answer a question with a question.  So I'll ask again.  Do you have any evidence to support your point, or is this just another one of your hoaxes?

Just now, shoshin said:

I’m old enough to remember when Trump halted the Covid stimulus talks and then didn’t. 

I remember when Congress wouldn't vote on the stimulus package because illegal immigrants weren't allowed to collect stimulus. We can play this game all day.

Just now, SectionC3 said:

It's improper to answer a question with a question.  So I'll ask again.  Do you have any evidence to support your point, or is this just another one of your hoaxes?

Improper to whom?

I remember when Congress wouldn't vote on the stimulus package because illegal immigrants weren't allowed to collect stimulus. We can play this game all day.

Improper to whom?

That settles it.  Just another one of your hoaxes.  Welcome to the Hoax List, sir. 

I would rather hear a response to my question than this childish "hoax" game your playing. 

That's nice.  I asked the first question.  It's your obligation to answer that question.  

And, for what it's worth, you did get a response to your question, in the form of your placement on the Hoax List.  Now, if I can get an answer to my open question, I would appreciate it.  Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation, hoaxer. 

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Agent of Chaos doesn’t want to hold a Virtual debate?

Mr Twitter said what?

He just doesn’t want his mic muted when his time is up so Joe can talk uninterrupted. 

He's scared of the truth.  I knew Trump to be weak and sad.  I just didn't realize that he is this week.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

That's nice.  I asked the first question.  It's your obligation to answer that question.  

And, for what it's worth, you did get a response to your question, in the form of your placement on the Hoax List.  Now, if I can get an answer to my open question, I would appreciate it.  Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation, hoaxer. 

What is this #2 rule you speak about? After 6 months of continuous rioting and violence against anything or anyone for Trump is proof why people would be unwilling to admit to supporting Trump. That's just common sense. 

Just now, westside2 said:

What is this #2 rule you speak about? After 6 months of continuous rioting and violence against anything or anyone for Trump is proof why people would be unwilling to admit to supporting Trump. That's just common sense. 

So still no evidence.  Just more fantasies and hoaxes. Sad!

42 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Try looking at polls outside of the Conservative bubble.   

Don is getting pummeled in every poll.  Even FOX NEWS polls.  

Young people prefer Biden by over 30 points. 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'm looking outside the democratic propaganda. The percentage of younger people voting are quite high. It's been that way forever. 

29 minutes ago, westside2 said:

No, it's common sense. Stop projecting.

And yet you can’t point to one person who, in the safety of his or her own home, has deceived a telephone poll inquiry with respect to his her Trump support based on fear of rioters.  This is precisely why you are on the Hoax List, sir. 

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Apparently young people like those who tell the truth. 

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

We were talking about the president’s latest erratic behavior, just to try to keep you on topic.