Final Vote—All States, Progress in counting

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

At this point, it seems like Trump will likely win NC and Alaska and that might be it. Might still pull out Arizona but we'll see. PA, Georgia, and Nevada are basically locks for Biden at this point.

There are no locks.  The way they count the ballots is all that matters.  It's ridiculous the money you could have made in Vegas if you knew this beforehand.  You could have beat Vegas 3x.  Georgia is starting to look like one, but that's 269

Edited by daz28

Just now, daz28 said:

There are no locks.  The way they count the ballots is all that matters.  It's ridiculous the money you could have made in Vegas if you knew this beforehand.  You could have beat Vegas 3x.

It would appear that I did :) Bet a ton on Biden winning the popular vote, then when the odds flipped to Trump, I bet on Biden to win the EC and to win Georgia. Might take a little while to make the numbers official, but this election has been very kind to me lol

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

It would appear that I did :) Bet a ton on Biden winning the popular vote, then when the odds flipped to Trump, I bet on Biden to win the EC and to win Georgia. Might take a little while to make the numbers official, but this election has been very kind to me lol

It took steel nuts if you didn't understand how each state intended to count votes.  It's almost like it was a racket.  If you were any employee of the election board, you'd have know this was how it was goin down.  TONS of easy money to be made

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It took steel nuts if you didn't understand how each state intended to count votes.  It's almost like it was a racket.  If you were any employee of the election board, you'd have know this was how it was goin down.  TONS of easy money to be made

I knew roughly how most of the states would be counting their votes (i.e. which ones would favor Trump early and which ones would favor Biden early). I'm not going to lie, I was definitely getting a bit nervous but when the Vegas odds swung like crazy over a bunch of states that Biden didn't actually need, it seemed like a good betting opportunity.

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

you keep using that deflecting word - what does that mean to you?

Sounds like something legit, but I don't think it is. Incarcerations had been steadily on the rise since the 70's and it takes some really fuzzy math to lay that all at the feet of a Federal crime bill Biden sponsored decades later that focused on federal prison guidance - BTW - Federal prisons comprise only 10% of the overall prison population.

Regarding the 1994 sentencing guidance TIS (Truth in Sentencing) violent offenders needed to serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence for states to qualify for federal grant money for prisons. Only 16 states actually changed their TIS guidance and a study by Urban Institute determined most of those states were influenced by ongoing state reform processes not the federal grant money.

Either way, this is a pretty tenuous link to the mass incarcerations you want to lay at his feet.

well you attempted to change the subject to trump.  Sure jails were filling since the 70s and that had to do with nixon and the drug war but then you have the acts biden passed that threw gas on the fire.   Here's the main issue here though.  Trrump has been labeled as doing doing damage to minorities and being this racist guy who is just out to get them.  You have the BLM movement that has talked about how blacks get more time in prison than whites and get arrested more etc. All of which is true.  You can look back and go...man I understood why they passed these bills but that's not how it works.  They created policy that ended up seriously causing damage to minorities.  If you stand back and look objectively at it who has done worse things over the last 30 years to the minority communities in this country?  Biden or Trump?  It's Biden and there is not even an argument you could make that Trump is in the ballpark.  But yet who gets all the blame?  Trump.  Why is that?  So the democrats have elected a guy who in my opinion is a guy responsible for much of the racial divide in this country for the last 25 years with the policies that he has created.  

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Biden pulls ahead in Georgia by 917 votes.  Recount coming.  If Biden wins Georgia the best Trump can do is tie at 269.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/524752-biden-pulls-ahead-of-trump-in-georgia

Only if you believe there was no ballot fraud in Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania, etc

The fraud is so vast, it will be exposed and Biden will not be in the WH

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Only if you believe there was no ballot fraud in Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania, etc

Are you a wizard or something? You have this amazing knowledge that no one else seems to have.

Or, you are full of crap.

I wonder which?

9 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

My sarcasm detector hasn't been calibrated in a few hours, care to let me know if it should be going off on this post.

The only thing that strikes me here as possible you believe this is that you included Arizona. It's the only state that hasn't been criticized as having been fraud by Trump. 

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

My sarcasm detector hasn't been calibrated in a few hours, care to let me know if it should be going off on this post.

The only thing that strikes me here as possible you believe this is that you included Arizona. It's the only state that hasn't been criticized as having been fraud by Trump. 

oh...he believes it alright. He believes it HARD.

I guess Trump's team could go after Arizona, too...but they simply weren't prepared to do so. That's the state that took them by total surprise.

Disputing the election was premeditated by them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Waking up to see we've given Biden a 1100 vote lead in GA!! Let's Gooooo!!

14 minutes ago, nkreed said:

No sarcasm detector needed, but your Desperation Detector should be screaming.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Waking up to see we've given Biden a 1100 vote lead in GA!! Let's Gooooo!!

No sarcasm detector needed, but your Desperation Detector should be screaming.

My desperation detector broke in '16. I have been saying I needed to get a new one since. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

oh...he believes it alright. He believes it HARD.

I guess Trump's team could go after Arizona, too...but they simply weren't prepared to do so. That's the state that took them by total surprise.

Disputing the election was premeditated by them.

I don't disagree on the disputing of the election was premeditated.

At this point I don't believe that his disputes can lead to a change in these results, however.  He will need to find Federal statues to bring these disputes to the Supreme Court.

38 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Are you a wizard or something? You have this amazing knowledge that no one else seems to have.

Or, you are full of crap.

I wonder which?

give him a break. At this time 4 years ago, us Liberals were holding on to hope with the Jill Stein WI recount.

The January inauguration will just be that more sweet. Biden won’t even need to lie about crowd sizes!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

you keep using that deflecting word - what does that mean to you?

Sounds like something legit, but I don't think it is. Incarcerations had been steadily on the rise since the 70's and it takes some really fuzzy math to lay that all at the feet of a Federal crime bill Biden sponsored decades later that focused on federal prison guidance - BTW - Federal prisons comprise only 10% of the overall prison population.

Regarding the 1994 sentencing guidance TIS (Truth in Sentencing) violent offenders needed to serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence for states to qualify for federal grant money for prisons. Only 16 states actually changed their TIS guidance and a study by Urban Institute determined most of those states were influenced by ongoing state reform processes not the federal grant money.

Either way, this is a pretty tenuous link to the mass incarcerations you want to lay at his feet.

Maybe you’re right, but your position is not the widely held one.  Biden himself called his sponsored laws mistakes.  And his running mate slammed him over the head with the issue in the Democrat debates.  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/kamala-harris-disputes-joe-biden-s-claims-about-1994-crime-n1006106

And if reporting is accurate, Biden didn’t get as much support from African Americans as prior Democrat Presidential candidates.  The crime bill had some influence.  

26 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It's not going to be close enough for Trump to win via the courts IMO. He'll have to flip 10's of thousands of votes in several states.

It may not be that difficult. 

The Supreme Court put out one decision prior to the election.

— Wisconsin wasn’t allowed to count ballots received after election day

— They declined to hear the same issue for PA, but it is still an open case in front of SC. 

So so if the Court comes back and says that PA can’t count late ballots then that changes things. I’m not sure what the GA, NC, NV, AZ rules are regarding counting ballots received after Election Day. But the point is that Trump wouldn’t have to change votes. 

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Imagine trump creating 86 drug act and the 94 bill. What would the media say? How would he be treated? 

This isn't 1986 or 1994.  Times change.   People change as well.    :doh: