Final Vote—All States, Progress in counting

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Georgia should wind up for Biden.

Mail in votes keep plugging along at a 70% clip with 18k left. If that continues, which it should, Biden will wind up with roughly a 3,500 vote win.

Then there are supposedly 9k overseas/military votes. No one really knows how they'll fall.

Then there are provisional ballots. In 2016 roughly 7500 provisional ballots were cast and 5000 voted for Hilary. That spread would put Biden up 6000 votes.

Going back to the overseas, to make up that difference Trump will have to win the 9000 overseas ballots by about an 84-16 spread which seems extremely unlikely.

Why aren’t you on Fox News?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

FYI it was Biden who called the minorities predators not me I should have used quotations.  Biden help write the 86 drug bill and the 94 crime bill. Both had devastating effects on the minorities. 

The 1994 bill had, by what would today be considered, broad bi-partisan support.  American wanted a response to gang violence and the crack epidemic.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The 1994 bill had, by what would today be considered, broad bi-partisan support.  American wanted a response to gang violence and the crack epidemic.

I’m aware of why it was passed. It ended up having devastating effects on minorities. So you have elected the face of that bill. Call a trump a racist..fine. But there is a guy who is worse that just took office 

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mail in votes keep plugging along at a 70% clip with 18k left. If that continues, which it should, Biden will wind up with roughly a 3,500 vote win.

Then there are supposedly 9k overseas/military votes. No one really knows how they'll fall.

Then there are provisional ballots. In 2016 roughly 7500 provisional ballots were cast and 5000 voted for Hilary. That spread would put Biden up 6000 votes.

Going back to the overseas, to make up that difference Trump will have to win the 9000 overseas ballots by about an 84-16 spread which seems extremely unlikely.

Silly you.  This can only go in 2 directions.  Trump wins, or his court determines he wins

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m aware of why it was passed. It ended up having devastating effects on minorities. So you have elected the face of that bill. Call a trump a racist..fine. But there is a guy who is worse that just took office 

I don't think Trump cares about anyone but himself, so I guess race really isn't an issue with him. As far as Biden goes one could argue that the drug war was more hurtful to minorities than Biden.

Edited by daz28

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Silly you.  This can only go in 2 directions.  Trump wins, or his court determines he wins

Doubtful.

Georgia is heading for an automatic recount, which might move the vote a couple hundred votes, but that's usually the extent of the change from a recount.

If Biden wins by a few thousand votes he should win. 

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

do we know how the 18k overseas ballots already counted voted? And Jesus Christ this is gonna take forever 

do we know how the 18k overseas ballots already counted voted? And Jesus Christ this is gonna take forever 

They can come in very late in some states, so this too will be a state by state thing.  

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Doubtful.

Georgia is heading for an automatic recount, which might move the vote a couple hundred votes, but that's usually the extent of the change from a recount.

If Biden wins by a few thousand votes he should win. 

But you're counting the legal and illegal ballots.  See my point

• Like (+1) 1

No.

I think they wind up just lumped in with the mail votes. The difference is they have more time to arrive so I guess some more could come in (the deadline is tomorrow at 5 pm). 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

FYI it was Biden who called the minorities predators not me I should have used quotations.  Biden help write the 86 drug bill and the 94 crime bill. Both had devastating effects on the minorities. 

So Biden helped write a crime bill 26 years ago and another 34 years ago and that is somehow relevant to why racial tensions are so high this year. Not the excessive force by our law enforcement that is not being adequately addressed?

And don't get me wrong, I support the police and if a dude was coming at me with a knife I am putting him down like a dog with race the furthest thing from my mind, BUT there are systemic issues with the police unions, and the "blue wall" that prevent transparency, reform (weeding out the cops that have issues), and justice when unlawful force is used against citizens as in the the case of George Floyd and that no-knock debacle that killed Breonna Walker. 

The nation needs healing and calm leadership at the helm, not some half-cocked rabble-rousing poser as President.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

So Biden helped write a crime bill 26 years ago and another 34 years ago and that is somehow relevant to why racial tensions are so high this year. Not the excessive force by our law enforcement that is not being adequately addressed?

And don't get me wrong, I support the police and if a dude was coming at me with a knife I am putting him down like a dog with race the furthest thing from my mind, BUT there are systemic issues with the police unions, and the "blue wall" that prevent transparency, reform (weeding out the cops that have issues), and justice when unlawful force is used against citizens as in the the case of George Floyd and that no-knock debacle that killed Breonna Walker. 

The nation needs healing and calm leadership at the helm, not some half-cocked rabble-rousing poser as President.

so the police don’t actually sentence people for crimes.  In the 86 law there were mandatory minimum sentences enacted for drug offenses. Crack was treated much harsher than cocaine and I forget the ratio but it was treated as being 10 times worse than a cocaine conviction or something like that.  Crack is much cheaper and therefore minorities got crushed.  You can blame the cops and that’s what the elected officials would want you to but they ain’t the problem. FYI the crack and cocaine ratio wasn’t changed until Obama changed it in 2010.  The mandatory minimums caused prison populations to soar something like 700 percent. Again, the cops didn’t write those rules. Biden did.  And they just elected him.   

looked it up 5 grams of crack got you 5 years. 50 grams and under of cocaine got no time. 500 grams of coke got you 5 years.   

Edited by aristocrat

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so the police don’t actually sentence people for crimes.  In the 86 law there were mandatory minimum sentences enacted for drug offenses. Crack was treated much harsher than cocaine and I forget the ratio but it was treated as being 10 times worse than a cocaine conviction or something like that.  Crack is much cheaper and therefore minorities got crushed.  You can blame the cops and that’s what the elected officials would want you to but they ain’t the problem. FYI the crack and cocaine ratio wasn’t changed until Obama changed it in 2010.  The mandatory minimums caused prison populations to soar something like 700 percent. Again, the cops didn’t write those rules. Biden did.  And they just elected him.   

I am OK with laws discouraging  possession of some drugs because there is a direct link to crime with those narcotics, and frankly I would rather get those folks off the street. But I prefer lighter sentences, addiction treatment,  and realistic rehabilitation goals that earn early parole for possession offenses vs long-term punitive sentences that should be reserved for distribution charges. 

Having said that, and having lived through those decades with mandatory minimums there was (at that time) a lot of hue and cry from urban areas that they were being ignored and that drugs and crime were rampant. Those are the kind of things that drive police nuts. You are either ignoring your duty to folks by not policing crime, or you are part of an oppressive system when you are policing crime... it is this bi-polar relationship that needs fixing. There was a strong push for politicians to show then that they would be on the front lines in the "war on drugs"... most every politician had "tough on drugs and crime" as part of their platform. Biden was no different.

Now I live in a state where I can go down the road and buy pot and it is completely legal - always thought the stigma was ridiculous. If you do go to one of the dispensaries you are most likely to find old retirees picking up some CBD to rub on their aching joints - call the swat team:) I am also fine with the research going into more general clinical use for magic mushrooms or at least the Psilocybin extract, as it may have far better indications for long-term safety and efficacy treating depression and suicide than the synthetic drugs pharmaceutical companies have been allowed to legally push for decades.

Edited by WideNine

29 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am OK with laws discouraging  possession of some drugs because there is a direct link to crime with those narcotics, and frankly I would rather get those folks off the street. But I prefer lighter sentences, addiction treatment,  and realistic rehabilitation goals that earn early parole for possession offenses vs long-term punitive sentences that should be reserved for distribution charges. 

Having said that, and having lived through those decades with mandatory minimums there was (at that time) a lot of hue and cry from urban areas that they were being ignored and that drugs and crime were rampant. Those are the kind of things that drive police nuts. You are either ignoring your duty to folks by not policing crime, or you are part of an oppressive system when you are policing crime... it is this bi-polar relationship that needs fixing. There was a strong push for politicians to show then that they would be on the front lines in the "war on drugs"... most every politician had "tough on drugs and crime" as part of their platform. Biden was no different.

Now I live in a state where I can go down the road and buy pot and it is completely legal - always thought the stigma was ridiculous. If you do go to one of the dispensaries you are most likely to find old retirees picking up some CBD to rub on their aching joints - call the swat team:) I am also fine with the research going into more general clinical use for magic mushrooms or at least the Psilocybin extract, as it may have far better indications for long-term safety and efficacy treating depression and suicide than the synthetic drugs pharmaceutical companies have been allowed to legally push for decades.

Imagine trump creating 86 drug act and the 94 bill. What would the media say? How would he be treated? 

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If it was 30 years ago they would likely say nothing.

Times change.

When you create policy that ruins millions or tens of millions of people’s lives over the past several decades I’m not so sure you get to become president.   You wanna vote democrat. All for it. But you own Biden’s past. The laws he passed still have a huge effect on society to this very day. They didn’t just have effects on those particular years.  It’s still going on

19 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

When you create policy that ruins millions or tens of millions of people’s lives over the past several decades I’m not so sure you get to become president.   You wanna vote democrat. All for it. But you own Biden’s past. The laws he passed still have a huge effect on society to this very day. They didn’t just have effects on those particular years.  It’s still going on

Yeah Trumps a real stand up guy.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history