Singletary Moss touches

Before training camp started it was a foregone conclusion that our running game would be 60/40 in favor of Singletary and Moss would just plug into Gore's former role.

Now that TC is sunsetting and Singletary had his bad days holding on to the football, do you all see Moss maybe getting more of a share?  I also heard that we may be passing even more and the RBs touches may go down even more.  

How is Moss doing in TC?  I haven't heard much at all.  

Go Bills!

I don't think anyone knows how this is going to play out.

The fantasy "experts" out there have been dropping Singletary in their rankings due to the unknown.  For all we know Moss could be the superior player.  But we have at least seen Singletary play at a high level in this league.

• Like (+1) 1

Why was it a foregone conclusion?  McD's mantra is he plays the best players.  As long as Moss knows the plays and can pass protect, I suspect McD and Daboll will go with the hot hand.  

As for passing more, I would buy that. In general the left side of the line and Morse are much better pass blockers than road graders.  Nobody knows how the right side will play out.  Knox and Kroft are barely capable blockers but can be very good in the pass game.  I think a few of the designed runs Allen got last year will go to the backs and Daboll will dial up a few more deep shots a game. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve said 70/30 Singletary and I’m holding to that. It sounds like moss has had a strong camp but I’m of the belief that Motor is special. He’s dangerous in the hole. I might be wrong but I’m rolling with that. 

I agree completely and believe that was exhibited last year by Singletary rather effectively. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it is a fluid situation.  Both are going to get touches because the NFL is too much wear and tear on a running back to expect him to carry 30 times a game.  If one of them gets hot, he gets more carries.  If Singletary puts too many balls on the carpet Daboll may give more carries to Moss.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny thread. Singletary proved last season that he can be a top level producer in both the running and passing game. Moss hasn’t played a down of NFL football. Yes, I know there are fumble issues but until that recurs I agree with a 70/30 split projection. 

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Maynard said:

By the middle of the season, Moss will have more touches than Singletary. 

What is your reasoning?  We have good knowledge of how Singletary performs in the NFl. His statistics, and what we see with our own eyes, indicate that he is an excellent player, and can soon become one of the best at his position.

He had almost 1,000 yards rushing and receiving last year as he shared playing time (too often) with Gore.  5.1 yards per carry; super quick and elusive in the hole, surprising power, and a good receiver.

With each component of the offense seemingly improved this off season--wide receivers, running backs, offensive line,  and quarterback--if Singletary plays merely as well as last year (but he'll be better--it is only his second year...) he could have Pro Bowl caliber stats.

But, they hopefully hit with Moss too--this would be a rocking team for the next few years if Moss plays in the NFL, like he played in college.  And this coaching staff is excellent at bringing out the best in their players.

Why do you think Moss will get more playing time?

53 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. Moss is a power runner and will fit in well in 1st and goal (and beyond) situations. 

Agreed. He will punch those ones in that Gore struggled with the second half of the season. Plus Moss can catch, he will be a handful inside the 10.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve said 70/30 Singletary and I’m holding to that. It sounds like moss has had a strong camp but I’m of the belief that Motor is special. He’s dangerous in the hole. I might be wrong but I’m rolling with that. 

As was Travis Henry. 

I apologize, sometimes I find it hard to restrain myself. 

I think we have a great combo. We have the elusive guy, and the pounding back. Neither are distance guys, but they are rare. I’m happy with 20 yard chunks when we can get them.  

• Haha (+1) 3