Posting by just thinking

PromoTheRobot

You ready for that?

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musks-neuralink-its-like-a-fitbit-in-your-skull/

Ever stop and think about what Elon Musk is accomplishing? He's truly one of the great minds of our time. He's going to change the world. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That’s what I’ve been doing posting here for years as a test subject. You don’t think I’d do THAT much typing, do you? 

I can’t even begin to imagine what future generations will see, and not that far down the road. When I was a kid we didn’t even have calculators and for a phone families shared a party line. Now? The knowledge of mankind is accessed by way of a phone in your pocket. Not that long ago the Wright brothers managed a brief flight. Now? We drive remote control cars around on Mars. What will our children and grandchildren see? I can’t even imagine. 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s what I’ve been doing posting here for years as a test subject. You don’t think I’d do THAT much typing, do you? 

I can’t even begin to imagine what future generations will see, and not that far down the road. When I was a kid we didn’t even have calculators and for a phone families shared a party line. Now? The knowledge of mankind is accessed by way of a phone in your pocket. Not that long ago the Wright brothers managed a brief flight. Now? We drive remote control cars around on Mars. What will our children and grandchildren see? I can’t even imagine. 

I was also a first round guinea pig, you don't really think I type all these dirty posts about NFL players do you?!?!? I may think them however, thanks a lot Elon:cry: Mmmmmm McCaffrey's biceps need some extra oil today...

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ever stop and think about what Elon Musk is accomplishing? He's truly one of the great minds of the world. He's going to change the world. 

Thx for posting this. I was going to post a link to Neurolink’s demo today but a link to it is contained in the article you posted.

Musk is a visionary & super genius. Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, & Neurolink are each amazing technical achievements that he created. If he is correct on Neurolink, it could address a myriad of health issues via a device rather than medication.

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Can they make one for my dog?

OMG! The last couple months my 11 year old dog has started has started coming into the family room after dinner and seriously STARES me down! I tell my wife she is sending me a message that she wants her to take her for a walk. My wife says “she’s standing there staring DIRECTLY at YOU!”  Telling her we get better reception that way has yet to work. 

If my dog could just send me a text, it would be easier to ignore. Persistent little thing, standing there staring......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

OMG! The last couple months my 11 year old dog has started has started coming into the family room after dinner and seriously STARES me down! I tell my wife she is sending me a message that she wants her to take her for a walk. My wife says “she’s standing there staring DIRECTLY at YOU!”  Telling her we get better reception that way has yet to work. 

If my dog could just send me a text, it would be easier to ignore. Persistent little thing, standing there staring......

Maybe the dog is thinking of ways to kill you.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Maybe the dog is thinking of ways to kill you.

When we walk the neighborhood we have to be careful to keep her away from any pet cats, lest she bring shame on our family by getting whooped by a ***** cat! I ain’t askeerd of that fluff ball! But I may sleep with one eye open, now that you mention it.....she’s quite clever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Thx for posting this. I was going to post a link to Neurolink’s demo today but a link to it is contained in the article you posted.

Musk is a visionary & super genius. Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, & Neurolink are each amazing technical achievements that he created. If he is correct on Neurolink, it could address a myriad of health issues via a device rather than medication.

Like all new technologies, it can do amazing good stuff and amazing bad. We can't keep our computers virus-free. What happens when hackers put ransomware in your head? There are a lot of questions about what this link is capable of both ways. Or does Elon Musk turn us all into the Borg?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like all new technologies, it can do amazing good stuff and amazing bad. We can't keep our computers virus-free. What happens when hackers put ransomware in your head? There are a lot of questions about what this link is capable of both ways. Or does Elon Musk turn us all into the Borg?

I mean that's kind of part of the idea. One of the best ways to avoid AI surpassing and overtaking us is to merge with it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're obviously not married.

12 years strong ?.  What they think and what they say are not always in alignment......like that Movie "What Women Want".....do you really want to know what they're thinking?

Edited by RaoulDuke79

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

12 years strong ?.  What they think and what they say are not always in alignment......like that Movie "What Women Want".....do you really want to know what they're thinking?

At times, yes.  Hell even women don't know what other women are thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

I love Elon Musk (especially his car and stock), but good luck with this project.

Neuralink received ‘breakthrough device designation’ by the FDA last month (July). That is mentioned in the video from yesterday. Musk also said they were working closely with the FDA. This designation will assist for initiating clinical trials which were also mentioned as starting soon for paraplegia and tetraplegia. 

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Neuralink received ‘breakthrough device designation’ by the FDA last month (July). That is mentioned in the video from yesterday. Musk also said they were working closely with the FDA. This designation will assist for initiating clinical trials which were also mentioned as starting soon for paraplegia and tetraplegia. 

On second thought, forget what I said.  I should know better than to doubt Elon.  Except when it comes to timetables. ;)

On 8/28/2020 at 7:37 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

You ready for that?

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musks-neuralink-its-like-a-fitbit-in-your-skull/

Ever stop and think about what Elon Musk is accomplishing? He's truly one of the great minds of our time. He's going to change the world. 

sure... as long as one thinks transhumanism is a good thing.

borg_assimilation_faces.gif.87b3c207feac312bc8d3f949e21636d6.gif.5c5d8964fb2f11f1f93c35880463dd8f.gif

Edited by Foxx

On 8/28/2020 at 10:28 PM, Augie said:

OMG! The last couple months my 11 year old dog has started has started 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:28 PM, Augie said:

Maybe it will fix her stutter too.

• Haha (+1) 1