Darron Lee workout

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do we really consider Dodson, Joseph, and Thompson as guys who shouldn't be replaced if a better option is available?

no but it may not be a need bringing these specific options in. It could just be the next round of depth auditioning in case of injury/covid. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they are just kicking the tires here.  From what I’ve read Tyrell Dodson has been very impressive and could solidly a role as backup LB.  The Bills stuck with him through a domestic abuse arrest, so they have to see something in him.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And many other of us said if he is a first round talent I am a Dutchman. And I have never owned a pair of clogs. I thought he was a late day 2 / early day 3 level prospect. 

And Chiefs traded for him a 6th round pick.  He started 2 games I believe due to injury and fell on depth chart enough to sit with McCoy on sideline during Superbowl despite playing all games. 

He did play 57% of special teams snaps but cannot find enough stats to determine which of 5 sub-teams (FG Team, Punt kick/receive, kickoff kick/receive) he was on.

Defense & Fumbles

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       56 38 3 82 1 36 11 2 0 0 0 0 4.0 272 177 95 17 11   21
3 yrs NYJ     40 36 3 82 1 36 11 2 0 0 0 0 4.0 241 155 86 17 11   19
1 yr KAN     16 2                     0.0 31 22 9 0 0   2
2016 22 NYJ LILB 50 13 9 0 0 0 0 3           1.0 73 45 28 3 3   4
2017 23 NYJ LILB 58 15 15 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 3.0 94 67 27 9 6   8
2018 24 NYJ LILB 58 12 12 3 82 1 36 5           0.0 74 43 31 5 2   7
2019 25 KAN   50 16 2                     0.0 31 22 9 0 0   2

Snap Counts

Games Off. Def. ST
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           0   2634   518  
3 yrs NYJ     40 36 0   2474   276  
1 yr KAN     16 2 0   160   242
2016 22 NYJ LILB 50 13 9 0 0% 640 62% 147 33%
2017 23 NYJ LILB 58 15 15 0 0% 1026 92% 85 18%
2018 24 NYJ LILB 58 12 12 0 0% 808 72% 44 9%
2019 25 KAN   50 16 2 0 0% 160 14% 242 57%

Called it when he was drafted, bust in the making annnnd.. here we are.  He’s not big nor physical enough to actually play LB in the NFL and doesn’t have cover skills to be a safety.  He’s an athlete, that’s about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do we really consider Dodson, Joseph, and Thompson as guys who shouldn't be replaced if a better option is available?

I’d rather have a 5th rounder that plays balls to the wall on every play than a 1st round bust. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. Just no. Also, no. 

I liked him on paper coming out of Columbus and thought he was a strong candidate to be the Bills 1st round pick.     He was disappointing for the Jets, but he did have some highlight plays, a few good games, and seems like he has potential.  I'm sure you followed him closer than me.    Why so adamantly against him now?

I have actually been quietly hoping the Bills sign Darron Lee.

Why?

I don't think he's gotten the opportunity to show his stuff in a scheme that fits his skillset the way McDermott's defense would.

The Jets tried to play him at middle linebacker in Todd Bowles' defense, which was very clearly not a fit. 

Last year, he did get to play outside in Spagnuolo's scheme, but I'm not sure that Spagnuolo's blitz-heavy defense was necessarily the best fit.

At any rate, I'd love to see him brought in as a backup and coached up by our excellent defensive staff. I sense that his athleticism and coverage ability could be of use to our team. After Edmunds and Milano, the Bills are not exactly flush with coverage ability at the linebacker position.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Another LB who can defend the pass but struggles big time against the run. 

That's because LB's are built now the way safety's used to be built.  Whatever happened to being physical at the point of attack.  My god can't a LB weigh at least close to 240 pounds anymore?  You get an O lineman on any LB now and they are pretty much finished.  All these supposed LB's do is run.  But they can't tackle or stand their ground.  Sure its a passing league but guys weigning 220-225 at LB is just not what football was about.  Remember the Giants LB's back in the day of Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Harry Carson and LT.  Those were LB's.  Heck we had Keith Newman Sam Rogers Sam Cowart and John Holacek.  All 4 could bang.  Now we have Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds.  Yes they are athletic.  But when was the last time either of them just knocked the snot out of a RB sending him backwards??  I just had to rant.  I want some physicality w my football..  Dam it!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

How do you know there’s a better option?  They’re in camp.  Others having workouts aren’t. Must be a reason.  And it could be the guys the Bills have can actually play.  

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And many other of us said if he is a first round talent I am a Dutchman. And I have never owned a pair of clogs. I thought he was a late day 2 / early day 3 level prospect. 

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

He is not a good football player. 

Lee has NO Chance to make the roster.

6 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's because LB's are built now the way safety's used to be built.  Whatever happened to being physical at the point of attack.  My god can't a LB weigh at least close to 240 pounds anymore?  You get an O lineman on any LB now and they are pretty much finished.  All these supposed LB's do is run.  But they can't tackle or stand their ground.  Sure its a passing league but guys weigning 220-225 at LB is just not what football was about.  Remember the Giants LB's back in the day of Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Harry Carson and LT.  Those were LB's.  Heck we had Keith Newman Sam Rogers Sam Cowart and John Holacek.  All 4 could bang.  Now we have Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds.  Yes they are athletic.  But when was the last time either of them just knocked the snot out of a RB sending him backwards??  I just had to rant.  I want some physicality w my football..  Dam it!!

Your username itself backs up every word you said here. I miss Paup, dude was an absolute animal 

• Like (+1) 1