Would YOU pay for a ‘Bills Network’?

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Exactly what it says? I don’t care about the personal / political views of athletes. If its chock full of that, then I wouldn’t spend my money on it.

Ah, got it. Thought maybe you meant that you didn’t like the fluff or range of programming on a channel like the Yes Network (Nets games, yankeeography, Centerstage, etc). I was hoping it wasn’t a “shut up and dribble” post but alas. I guess you should just quit on football then if you only want to watch people that agree with your politics. Personally I don’t watch or not watch any sport because our politics are or aren’t aligned. I watch the because I enjoy watching the greatest athletes in the world compete. Strange times we are in... 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ah, got it. Thought maybe you meant that you didn’t like the fluff or range of programming on a channel like the Yes Network (Nets games, ya keep graphs, Centerstage, etc). I was hoping it wasn’t a “shut up and dribble” post but alas. I guess you should just quit on football then if you only want to watch people that agree with your politics. Personally I don’t watch or not watch any sport because our politics are or aren’t aligned. I watch the because I enjoy watching the greatest athletes in the world compete. Strange times we are in... 

Agree with my politics? No. If I was interested in having someone with “a platform” telling me how I should think, I’d watch CSpan. Spoiler alert: I don’t watch CSpan. I like to watch football because.....wait for it.....

I like to watch football.

So, yes, play the game you get paid millions of dollars to play. Your opinion is no more (or less) important than mine just because you get paid that money and have that exposure. 

15 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Agree with my politics? No. If I was interested in having someone with “a platform” telling me how I should think, I’d watch CSpan. Spoiler alert: I don’t watch CSpan. I like to watch football because.....wait for it.....

So, yes, play the game you get paid millions of dollars to play. Your opinion is no more (or less) important than mine just because you get paid that money and have that exposure. 

I don’t mean to derail this or to be antagonistic. It’s an honest question that I’m asking and not just of you. It’s something that I’ve been wondering. We have seen ratings down for the NBA playoffs. There are a bunch of factors but I’m sure that politicalization of the league is a part. 

There are a lot of people here that share your view of this. If/when the Bills kneel during the anthem will you tune out? If they are 3-7 will that be the jumping off point? If they are 7-3 will you be willing to continue? Will you watch regardless because, as you said, you like to watch football? This question is open to anyone. It is something that I’m genuinely interested in hearing from people because I don’t know what it would take for me to quit the Bills. It’s really, “where is your line?” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t mean to derail this or to be antagonistic. It’s an honest question that I’m asking and not just of you. It’s something that I’ve been wondering. We have seen ratings down for the NBA playoffs. There are a bunch of factors but I’m sure that politicalization of the league is a part. 

There are a lot of people here that share your view of this. If/when the Bills kneel during the anthem will you tune out? If they are 3-7 will that be the jumping off point? If they are 7-3 will you be willing to continue? Will you watch regardless because, as you said, you like to watch football? This question is open to anyone. It is something that I’m genuinely interested in hearing from people because I don’t know what it would take for me to quit the Bills. It’s really, “where is your line?” 

When watching the game causes me more angst than pleasure, ill tune out. Its possibly that it will be kneeling..but honestly if they move on and back to football, and its not shoved in my face constantly, I’ll probably be ok. If I have to look at Michael Brown and Breonna Taylor decals on helmets all season long, I’m out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s something that’s crossed my mind many times. We have NFL Network, Yankees Network, etc.

Would any of you pay for a subscription to gain access to a huge library of games, podcasts, interviews, and shows from NY’s only football team?

I would in a heart beat.

Without actual Yankees games,  I doubt YES would succeed for long...

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s something that’s crossed my mind many times. We have NFL Network, Yankees Network, etc.

Would any of you pay for a subscription to gain access to a huge library of games, podcasts, interviews, and shows from NY’s only football team?

I would in a heart beat.

It depends.... it PSE was the one behind this network then probably not.  The archived footage would be cool and that would be the only reason why I would subscribe.

I would have no desire to watch “The Chris Brown Show” in the morning or “Bills Flashbacks with Maddie Glab” or “The Super Bowl Years” hosted by Steve Tasker.  Outside of the “Embedded” series, current programming put out of PSE leaves a lot to be desired 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know I will get slaughtered here for saying this but I am really struggling with should I watch or not.

I did my career in Law Enforcement and I really don't want to tune in to have the NFL tell me I'm a scumbag.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Exactly what it says? I don’t care about the personal / political views of athletes. If its chock full of that, then I wouldn’t spend my money on it.

You don't want people just faceless names on a page?

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So do you ever share your opinions? Presumably you do. But they shouldn't be allowed to share theirs because they have a heightened platform?

There used to be a channel called The Empire Sports Network. They did a lot of what the OP suggested. Unfortunately the Adelphia family #######s destroyed that idea. Now we're stuck with crumbs from the "MSG" network.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I know I will get slaughtered here for saying this but I am really struggling with should I watch or not.

I did my career in Law Enforcement and I really don't want to tune in to have the NFL tell me I'm a scumbag.

I actually appreciate the honesty. If that’s what you believe there is no issue. The people that I’m going to have an issue with are the ones that are principled enough to shut it off if the Bills are bad but tolerant enough to watch if they are good. That’s hypocritical IMO. We all have a different line but it shouldn’t be tied to wins and losses. If it is, it becomes an excuse. I’ll still be there if they’re kneeling at 0-15. I won’t be happy about the year but I’ll be there. Others like yourself willing to shut it off now, I commend. People should stand by what they believe and not just use it as an excuse.

• Like (+1) 1