Would YOU pay for a ‘Bills Network’?

Sorry, but I really need to check with everyone who has read this thread: did someone on page 2 actually, solely call-out CSPAN for "telling me what to think"?!

I ask this objectively to ensure I'm not hallucinating. 

As for the network, I'm thinking YES is the best-case example of such a dedicated channel, with respect to quality content/programming. But YES Network amounts to an unknown portion of my bloated monthly cable/internet bill, but which, along with MSG, is the only reason I pay for cable service (Yankees and Sabres games of course). That's an expensive two-channel/team subscription.

So this Bills media endeavor would follow a different model? I'm listening...

On 8/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s something that’s crossed my mind many times. We have NFL Network, Yankees Network, etc.

Would any of you pay for a subscription to gain access to a huge library of games, podcasts, interviews, and shows from NY’s only football team?

I would in a heart beat.

No way would I pay for it!  Now if we had a super bowl caliber team like New England had that would be a different story.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sig1Hunter said:

When watching the game causes me more angst than pleasure, ill tune out. Its possibly that it will be kneeling..but honestly if they move on and back to football, and its not shoved in my face constantly, I’ll probably be ok. If I have to look at Michael Brown and Breonna Taylor decals on helmets all season long, I’m out.

If only you were directly in the position to fix that.

23 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

In a position to prevent people from violently attacking police officers? Yeah. I wish they would stop doing that. 

I meant in a position to stop murdering civilians and backing the play, or at minimum turning a blind eye to other police officers who murder civilians.

It troubles me a great deal that you are more upset with having to see a sticker of the name of a first responder who was murdered by the state while she slept, than you are bothered that her killers continue to walk free with salary and benefits paid for by her survivors and all of us.

Edited by BullBuchanan

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I meant in a position to stop murdering civilians and backing the play, or at minimum turning a blind eye to other police officers who murder civilians.

It troubles me a great deal that you are more upset with having to see a sticker of the name of a first responder who was murdered by the state while she slept, than you are bothered that her killers continue to walk free with salary and benefits paid for by her survivors and all of us.

You live in Louisville?

As long as I have access to watch the games, there is plenty of content available on the internet and elsewhere that I can’t imagine what else I might need. And that’s coming from a sucker who pays for WAY too much already. 

A Bills only TV network?  No, not nearly enough content and I don't have TV anymore anyways.  Also too small a market.

An all Buffalo sports streaming service including hockey, baseball, lacrosse, and college football with live games?  Absolutely. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

A Bills only TV network?  No, not nearly enough content and I don't have TV anymore anyways.  Also too small a market.

An all Buffalo sports streaming service including hockey, baseball, lacrosse, and college football with live games?  Absolutely. 

I like that... but Bills Network could have every Bills game and tons of content

On 8/22/2020 at 3:29 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t mean to derail this or to be antagonistic. It’s an honest question that I’m asking and not just of you. It’s something that I’ve been wondering. We have seen ratings down for the NBA playoffs. There are a bunch of factors but I’m sure that politicalization of the league is a part. 

There are a lot of people here that share your view of this. If/when the Bills kneel during the anthem will you tune out? If they are 3-7 will that be the jumping off point? If they are 7-3 will you be willing to continue? Will you watch regardless because, as you said, you like to watch football? This question is open to anyone. It is something that I’m genuinely interested in hearing from people because I don’t know what it would take for me to quit the Bills. It’s really, “where is your line?” 

Ive found my football juices flowing again, and its causing conflict within. I love this time of year. The weather is changing, and football is in the air...I want to enjoy the games so badly!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ive found my football juices flowing again, and its causing conflict within. I love this time of year. The weather is changing, and football is in the air...I want to enjoy the games so badly!

It’s funny because I feel like this year I’m less ready for football than ever. It’s strange because I think that the Bills are going to be really, really good. We just have had a lack of information from the media and no preseason games. I feel less informed. After the last week though of videos and updates I’ve been salivating. Every time I hear about Diggs or Gabe Davis or Moss I just want it to begin!! This might be a special year for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny because I feel like this year I’m less ready for football than ever. It’s strange because I think that the Bills are going to be really, really good. We just have had a lack of information from the media and no preseason games. I feel less informed. After the last week though of videos and updates I’ve been salivating. Every time I hear about Diggs or Gabe Davis or Moss I just want it to begin!! This might be a special year for the Bills.

Sums up my feelings exactly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:44 AM, Brennan Huff said:

I’d pay for a OneBuffalo network. All Bills and Sabres access. I guess you could throw the Bandits in there too

Exactly.  Someone just needs to start a Buffalo sports network, which can be part of either the NBC Sports or Fox Sports family of networks.  Here in Northern California, we actually have 2 networks, plus they have placeholders for those occasions when more than two of the Oakland Raiders, Golden State Warriors, San Jose Sharks and SF Giants are playing at the same time.

This network could also broadcast the Bisons and the local college teams’ games.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:52 PM, 1ManRaid said:

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I like that... but Bills Network could have every Bills game and tons of content

40 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Exactly.  Someone just needs to start a Buffalo sports network, which can be part of either the NBC Sports or Fox Sports family of networks.  Here in Northern California, we actually have 2 networks, plus they have placeholders for those occasions when more than two of the Oakland Raiders, Golden State Warriors, San Jose Sharks and SF Giants are playing at the same time.

This network could also broadcast the Bisons and the local college teams’ games.

Lots of people don't understand that the revenue sharing model means that teams cannot have their own networks that televise their live games.  Games are owned by the league, not the team.  Only the league can negotiate TV contracts---on behalf of the league.

If each team had its own network and there was no TV revenue sharing, teams like the Bills would be gone quickly.

I might but probably not....there is enough free info out there and I actually like seeing the view from sources like NFLN that cover the whole league.  Sure I get tired of Dallas and NYG talk at a disproportionate rate than the Bills but I like seeing what is going on across the league and not solely from the perspective of Buffalo.

Edited by mattynh