Frank Gore said he would have had 1000 yard season last year if Bills didn’t go to Singletary

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cutting McCoy in favor of Gore was just dumb. McD despite all his talk about competing for positions and playing time made that decision the moment they signed Gore. McCoy was a good teammate and would have been good for Singletary. 

McD and Beane disagreed. 

• Like (+1) 1

yes with 400 carries...Frank is delusional 

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

The Redskins stopped this guy about 5 times trying to gain 1 yard.

1000 yards... ? 

Can’t wait until he plays against the Bills. His stat line be the usual 6 carries 10 yards. 

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cutting McCoy in favor of Gore was just dumb. McD despite all his talk about competing for positions and playing time made that decision the moment they signed Gore. McCoy was a good teammate and would have been good for Singletary. 

You’re still on this?  Cutting a guy with one of this biggest cap hits, who went to a different team and was a healthy scratch half the year and all of the playoffs....we should have kept him?

• Like (+1) 1

Frank's 1,000 yard seasons are all behind him at this point.  Buffalo has two running backs with potential 1,000 yard seasons in front of them.  I don't know that both will have them this season, but I expect at least one will.

10 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Remember this Frank?

While Gore was awful, the epitome of ineptitude on Sunday was Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. The goal line sequence was the most obvious of all the examples, but it was awful all day long. Why it took three failed attempts by Gore before realizing that maybe a 6-foot-5 quarterback could sneak the ball across for six inches is beyond me, but Daboll just kept blowing it over and over. On 4th-and-1 on the first drive after halftime, Gore was stuffed again for a turnover on downs at the Washington 24-yard line. Did he FINALLY learn after that? Of course not. Later in the second half, after a quarterback sweep for Allen on second down that resulted in a fumble that Buffalo was lucky to recover, the Bills faced another short yardage situation at 3rd-and-1, and wouldn’t you know, Gore got stuffed in the backfield for a loss of three yards.

https://www.observertoday.com/sports/local-sports/2019/11/singletary-carries-bills-to-victory/

Moss is here to save the day

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Coach55 said:

I don't think it is unreasonable that if we gave him the ball 250 times (in all situations, not just short yardage) that he averages 4 yards/carry.   Towards the latter half of the season, he was almost exclusively used late in the game where we couldn't chance a fumble and short yardage situations where chances to gain yards were low.  I think he still had the tools to get there...

With that being said, I think I could have put up 1000 yards for the Bills last year if they gave me the ball just 400 more times. 

I have rewatched the entire season over the last few months, and I agree.  Gore definitely lost a little pep in his step (and Singletary was the far more productive back), but the second half of the season, Gore wasn't really being used in anything but the most obvious of running situations.

Edited by Buftex

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He probably could have as a bell cow RB getting a lot of carries.  But 1000 yards isn't that special anymore and he would have likely barely broken 1000 yards and our run game would have been less effective.  

I have no issue with Gore saying this, I mean 1000 yards is only 62.5 yards per game.  As long as Gore did not get hurt, he definitely could have put up 63 yards a game as a feature runner.  

HOWEVER...63 yards a game would have been a pretty weak run game, which is why they switched to Devin to get more pop, more chunk yards, fresh legs, etc.  And Gore was very respectful about it, he was not complaining, just talking about what he believes his own abilities were last year.  

Gore was a class act here IMO and was just him stating he felt he was still capable of 1000 yard season last year despite his age.  And he's not wrong about that IMO, although, his 1000 yard season would have meant a lesser overall run offense for us because Devin was the fresher and better option the 2nd half of last year for the team.  

Yup, agreed, and nicely put.

Some RBs talk about getting stronger as they get more carries. Gore may well have felt like that. And you want a guy to have confidence in himself. But he did seem to lose a crucial half a step about halfway through. 

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes they do.  I used to have a crush on Alyssa Milano but then she started getting political.

Let me be the first to point out that, political or not, having feelings for Alyssa Milano is not having a "man crush." In fact, I believe she's caused more than a few "Milano extensions."

Edited by Thurman#1