Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Like I said, you won't accept the facts. Thanks for confirming 

@Reality Check is a sh it eater btw 

Like I said, I didn't ask you and what does what @Reality Check  eats have to do with you minding your own business? I have asked @Buftex, his or her reply. I dont need you to reply. I don't want your opinion. I don't even trust your sources. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp, thats that! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Welp, thats that! 

We will know more after the RNC convention when those numbers can be compared to both 2016 and the 2020 DNC convention numbers. 

There are many reasons the DNC convention ratings could have been down from 2016 from the innocuous more people watched online, the low-energy lack of convention goers had people not as eager to watch, or the prerecorded speeches turned people off, to the hair on fire Biden sucks and no one is gonna vote for the Biden/Harris ticket reason. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We will know more after the RNC convention when those numbers can be compared to both 2016 and the 2020 DNC convention numbers. 

There are many reasons the DNC convention ratings could have been down from 2016 from the innocuous more people watched online, the low-energy lack of convention goers had people not as eager to watch, or the prerecorded speeches turned people off, to the hair on fire Biden sucks and no one is gonna vote for the Biden/Harris ticket reason. 

Agreed, That said, I will be on vacation so I will not be adding to that number. Nor did I add to the DNC number. Im afraid that would have made my eyeballs explode from the pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Shemp was actually the funniest Stooge.

....sorry bro, I'm a Curly guy.....LOL....back in 1957 (yup, I'm OLD), Rochester opened its first two shopping centers....the one closest to my home had weekly events in the parking lot with a bandstand set up......one was the "Three Stooges Live"........I was there...LMAO..............

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/20/2020 at 8:18 AM, Niagara Bill said:

And what about the issue of trump. I obviously do not vote in the US, but this is coming down to the lesser of 2 evils for the next 4 yrs.

I suggest if you pile up all the shi! from both side the pile from trump will far surpass Biden.

It is unbelievable that such a great country would elect and then re elect a person who spends much of his energy ridiculing others. That such a great country now laughs when their leader ridicules other countries they have been friends with for hundreds of years, standing shoulder to shoulder in war, depressions, terrorism etc. 

It is interesting to try a different approach with North Korea, but then what us the point of ridiculing New Zealand...this is a real sickness. 

Conflict and disagreement with a friend happens, but why the ridicule, why the bully play, ? Sad...so very sad this has become standard.

This isn't about Trump.  You indicated that the people voting for BiHar weren't really casting a vote for the soft segregation of Biden 1975-2008, or his numerous racially insensitive comments or his groping/grabbing/assaulting women.  It's as if you believe your liberal neighbors to the south were making the very difficult decision to cast a noble vote for a 5 decade politician.  I simply pointed out that the narrative is bullsh6t.  Now, if you want to show me the liberal voters out loud/proud and strong fighting against Biden, seeking his removal from the ticket for his recent condescending remarks aimed at black voters, heck, I would have a tremendous amount of respect for that thought process.  What we typically find, however, is weekend warrior progressives who live in a bubble, have no desire for real change if the change happens in their neighborhood, and support the soft segregationist mentality that Biden typifies.  The addition of the hangin' judge, old KH herself, only reinforces what those voters really want in a candidate.  

As for the shi* stacking, that's a foolish game and even with the exchange rate, it's silly to play.  Joe Biden has lied, plagarized and enriched himself for 5 decades and drank deeply from the public trough. His first major demonstrable lie came a full 40 years before DJT even thought of a career in politics.   There was a time when thoughtful dem voters laughed at him and sent him packing early in the election cycle, but now he's The New Savior.  I was interacting with another poster last November on the 'Trump lies worse than my guy lies' parlor trick and he felt an awful lot like you did----you two had the same philosophy and are very like-minded.  He was wrong then, you're wrong now.  

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry bro, I'm a Curly guy.....LOL....back in 1957 (yup, I'm OLD), Rochester opened its first two shopping centers....the one closest to my home had weekly events in the parking lot with a bandstand set up......one was the "Three Stooges Live"........I was there...LMAO..............

I'll respectfully disagree.

Shemp was actually a legend on his own during the 3 Stooges run, but when Curly got sick, that is when Shemp took over.

You gotta admit when Shemp did the dentist thing, that was freaking hilarious.

P.S., 

Us talking about the Stooges in a Democratic convention thread is all you need to know. ?

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I'm a Curly guy too, did you know he wasn't an original stooge? Shemp was, and when he quit to become a Hollywood actor, Curly took his spot, sadly he passed after multiple strokes in 1952, I believe, my birth year.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I'm a Curly guy too, did you know he wasn't an original stooge? Shemp was, and when he quit to become a Hollywood actor, Curly took his spot, sadly he passed after multiple strokes in 1952, I believe, my birth year.

You are not sure if that was the year he passed or you are not sure if that was the year you were born?

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

You are not sure if that was the year he passed or you are not sure if that was the year you were born?

lol, wasn't sure when he passed, looked it up, I was right, January, 1952, I was born in September of that year

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I would put money on the RNC ratings being higher than the DNC. The RNC is geared to an older demographic, they aren't as likely to be watching on other platforms.  The better gauge might be the number of donations each party receives  Most people have known for at least 3 years who they are voting for in 2020.

Edited by Buftex

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This isn't about Trump.  You indicated that the people voting for BiHar weren't really casting a vote for the soft segregation of Biden 1975-2008, or his numerous racially insensitive comments or his groping/grabbing/assaulting women.  It's as if you believe your liberal neighbors to the south were making the very difficult decision to cast a noble vote for a 5 decade politician.  I simply pointed out that the narrative is bullsh6t.  Now, if you want to show me the liberal voters out loud/proud and strong fighting against Biden, seeking his removal from the ticket for his recent condescending remarks aimed at black voters, heck, I would have a tremendous amount of respect for that thought process.  What we typically find, however, is weekend warrior progressives who live in a bubble, have no desire for real change if the change happens in their neighborhood, and support the soft segregationist mentality that Biden typifies.  The addition of the hangin' judge, old KH herself, only reinforces what those voters really want in a candidate.  

As for the shi* stacking, that's a foolish game and even with the exchange rate, it's silly to play.  Joe Biden has lied, plagarized and enriched himself for 5 decades and drank deeply from the public trough. His first major demonstrable lie came a full 40 years before DJT even thought of a career in politics.   There was a time when thoughtful dem voters laughed at him and sent him packing early in the election cycle, but now he's The New Savior.  I was interacting with another poster last November on the 'Trump lies worse than my guy lies' parlor trick and he felt an awful lot like you did----you two had the same philosophy and are very like-minded.  He was wrong then, you're wrong now.  

You are such a simple single minded person intelligent discussion is unlikely.

Hate is such a strong point in your life that actual thought is impossible. Defend, hate, attack...so be it. Enjoy your miserable existence...

I know it cannot possibly be in Sweet Home Alabama....

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Are you a Democrat by any chance?

Just asking.

Me, myself, I hold no political party.

I believe you, but I am fairly certain the creators of the Trump War Room are Republican...if not worse! :)

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Hate is such a strong point in your life that actual thought is impossible. Defend, hate, attack...so be it. Enjoy your miserable existence...

what on earth is “hateful” about his post??

So many people nowadays dismiss someone with differing viewpoints as “hateful” or “racist”... it’s bizarre.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Paulus said:

I'm waiting for folks to just say it was a CGI Biden, and that the real one is near death hiding in a basement.

They already are (or at least saying it was prerecorded) because he shattered the narrative they've been pushing since March.  Now we'll see how he does at the debates which will be more of a test.  It'll be interesting to see at the RNC if they continue to push the senile Trojan horse to the radial left narrative or if they'll smarten up and go with the establishment narrative that won Trump the presidency in 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

My friend, I have been blessed beyond all reasonable expectation.  I have people in my life that care about me, I care about them and along the way I picked up some stuff.

None of that precludes me from pointing out what is painfully obvious to most:  the argument that your guy is slightly less sucky than the other guy is pretty pathetic, and it’s not a great argument that your guy is slightly less evil than the other. I expect that when people vote for Joe Biden, they vote with their heart.  No need to pretend it’s anything more than that. 

I’m not sure about Alabama, it’s pretty hot in the summer.  I would probably go to one if the M states. Missouri.  Maine.  Mew Hampshire. Michigan maybe.  But def not Minnesota. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, B-Man said:

The closing song, “For What It’s Worth,” was written by Stephen Stills as a member of Buffalo Springfield — later of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fame — in 1966 — 54 years ago — in response to Sunset Strip curfew riots; a series of early counterculture-era clashes that took place between police and young people on the Strip in Hollywood, California.

Ah, it all comes together, now doesn’t it?

The history of the song matters, of course, because the Democrat Party has not only backed the continuing unrest in the now 85 days since George Floyd’s death; they’ve all but donned cheerleader uniforms, grabbed the pom-poms, and joined the rioters in the streets.

Here is the story I heard Still's give in an interview.

• Written by Buffalo Springfield guitarist Stephen Stills, this song was not about anti-war gatherings, but rather youth gatherings protesting anti-loitering laws, and the closing of the West Hollywood nightclub Pandora's Box. Stills was not there when they closed the club, but had heard about it from his bandmates.
  • In the book Neil Young: Long May You Run: The Illustrated History, Stephen Stills tells the story of this song's origin: "I had had something kicking around in my head. I wanted to write something about the kids that were on the line over in Southeast Asia that didn't have anything to do with the device of this mission, which was unraveling before our eyes. Then we came down to Sunset from my place on Topanga with a guy - I can't remember his name - and there's a funeral for a bar, one of the favorite spots for high school and UCLA kids to go and dance and listen to music.

[Officials] decided to call out the official riot police because there's three thousand kids sort of standing out in the street; there's no looting, there's no nothing. It's everybody having a hang to close this bar. A whole company of black and white LAPD in full Macedonian battle array in shields and helmets and all that, and they're lined up across the street, and I just went 'Whoa! Why are they doing this?' There was no reason for it. I went back to Topanga, and that other song turned into 'For What It's Worth,' and it took as long to write as it took me to settle on the changes and write the lyrics down. It all came as a piece, and it took about fifteen minutes."
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They already are (or at least saying it was prerecorded) because he shattered the narrative they've been pushing since March.  Now we'll see how he does at the debates which will be more of a test.  It'll be interesting to see at the RNC if they continue to push the senile Trojan horse to the radial left narrative or if they'll smarten up and go with the establishment narrative that won Trump the presidency in 2016.

Yeah, I am not so sure the "Senile Joe" angle is the way to go. 

13 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

...wow...did not know that.....

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Sounds like those radials need to be balanced and aligned. 

SCOTT ADAMS ON BIDEN’S CASE

I wrote about Joe Biden’s speech accepting the Democratic presidential nomination yesterday in “And on the fourth day.” To recap briefly, Biden announced that he has come to save us. Following in the footsteps of Barack Obama, Biden presented himself as the new messiah. Worshipers of Obama should have been offended, but they are biting their tongues in the service of the old-time religion.

I passed over Biden’s reiteration of the Charlottesville “fine people” hoax that he employed to condemn one aspect of the alleged Trump darkness. In his Coffee With Scott Adams series on YouTube, on Periscope, on Twitter, and on his own site yesterday, Adams took up this passage of the speech to call out Biden and declare him unfit for office.

Tim Haims has posted the video along with a transcription here at RealClearPolitics. It’s a valuable contribution to the record. With the expletive deleted, Adams concludes: “You can’t find anything Trump has done, anything Richard Nixon did, that is worse than this.”

CHARLES LIPSON: Joe Biden offers platitudes, not policies.

What was missing? Three important things. Biden made no mention of

What policies he would implement or how they differed from Trump’s; he simply offered vague picture of a happier, more prosperous future;

Riots and looting in major cities; he ignored them entirely; the closest he came was saying that, during his administration, America would finally rid itself of ‘systemic racism’; he included a sweet vignette of talking to George Floyd’s young daughter, who said her father had changed the world; but there was no mention of the chaos in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, and other cities, which may have begun with Floyd’s killing but is now divorced from it;

Any international threats and challenges, or how he would deal with them differently from Trump, aside from saying he would not ‘cozy up to dictators’. He never mentioned Russia, Iran, North Korea, or terrorism. His one glancing mention of China was that his administration would not depend on them for medical supplies, a policy Trump is already pursuing.

The absence of any policy ideas was striking, especially because so many commentators expected them. The whole convention, they noted, had been devoted to attacking Trump, which left Biden was free to explain what he would do in office and how his policies would make the country better. He didn’t do that. He hardly tried. He simply promised everyone the Christmas presents they were wishing for — and then only in the vaguest terms.

To be completely fair, it was also badly delivered.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CHARLES LIPSON: Joe Biden offers platitudes, not policies.

What was missing? Three important things. Biden made no mention of

What policies he would implement or how they differed from Trump’s; he simply offered vague picture of a happier, more prosperous future;

Riots and looting in major cities; he ignored them entirely; the closest he came was saying that, during his administration, America would finally rid itself of ‘systemic racism’; he included a sweet vignette of talking to George Floyd’s young daughter, who said her father had changed the world; but there was no mention of the chaos in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, and other cities, which may have begun with Floyd’s killing but is now divorced from it;

Any international threats and challenges, or how he would deal with them differently from Trump, aside from saying he would not ‘cozy up to dictators’. He never mentioned Russia, Iran, North Korea, or terrorism. His one glancing mention of China was that his administration would not depend on them for medical supplies, a policy Trump is already pursuing.

The absence of any policy ideas was striking, especially because so many commentators expected them. The whole convention, they noted, had been devoted to attacking Trump, which left Biden was free to explain what he would do in office and how his policies would make the country better. He didn’t do that. He hardly tried. He simply promised everyone the Christmas presents they were wishing for — and then only in the vaguest terms.

To be completely fair, it was also badly delivered.

What does Trump offer?

image.thumb.jpeg.7e92eba4434ebbc85d4efa463b7765ed.jpeg

...not that I could stomach to watch and probably the same for the GOP Convention......BUT...were there any positives  to come out on policy changes et al that would benefit the country?...ANY highlights on Dem accomplishments to date?...ANY criticism on the violent protests, death and destruction going on nationwide?.....or just the usual "always attack ...never defend" mode?.....if the GOP Convention is laced with counter attacks, tit for tat nonsense, versus what has been accomplished to date (many examples IMO),we're in the SAME political "same old same old" nonsense that WAS the purpose of draining "the swamp" with a political outsider...pick your poison......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not that I could stomach to watch and probably the same for the GOP Convention......BUT...were there any positives  to come out on policy changes et al that would benefit the country?...ANY highlights on Dem accomplishments to date?...ANY criticism on the violent protests, death and destruction going on nationwide?.....or just the usual "always attack ...never defend" mode?.....if the GOP Convention is laced with counter attacks, tit for tat nonsense, versus what has been accomplished to date (many examples IMO),we're in the SAME political "same old same old" nonsense that WAS the purpose of draining "the swamp" with a political outsider...pick your poison......

Would they have won you over if they did?