Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

ABC has an all female panel ...

... and they all agree that Jill Biden would have been a better candidate.........:lol:

So weird, the woman that is speaking has no name. They are interviewing small business owners. Joe Biden's tax policies and energy policies would kill small businesses all by themselves. Forget his healthcare policy. 

I am on Joe Biden's channel. We are now speaking to a 15-year-old. Who is struggling with the changes due to COVID? Apparently Democrats never read Lord of the Flies.....

As a reminder, the CDC never recommended closing schools. They still advocate reopening. 

To the DNC gentleman who promised a "smooth" convention, what exactly did he think might ruffle this mostly pre-recorded virtual suck-fest?

This isn't a convention. It's an early '70s variety show, only without any variety.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BRYAN PRESTON      

The DNC opened with one of those videos where a bunch of different people selected for diversity of pigment but uniformity of thought complete each other's sentences.

It's the same unoriginal, uninspiring technique that emerged more than a decade ago. It was boring and past its prime about 5 years ago. The deliveries in this video are dreadful. Dull. 

This is their lead-off video. It's gonna be a long night. 

JEFF REYNOLDS

Ah, the theme emerges

We can't fix the economy until we stop the virus.

That confirms what many of us suspected - that the response is all about politics, not a virus.

STEPHEN GREEN       

All I see is Democrats living in Democrat-run places bitching about how bad Republicans are.

Try electing a few closer to home for once. Maybe you won't be in such hellholes.

MEGAN FOX       

I'm going to need more liquor for this. I'm watching an ad with people blaming Donald Trump for the coronavirus.

I knew it was going to be like this but I'm still taken aback by what a terrible strategy this is. They're actually blaming him for the unemployment rates and seeing grandma through a glass window when their DEMOCRAT governors won't let businesses open or allow visitation in nursing homes.

Do they think Americans are stupid? I think they do. 

STACEY LENNOX       

The state representatives are just awful. Conor Lamb saying Biden will save jobs in Western PA is hysterical. Joe Biden wants to limit the energy industry. 

• Sad 1

BRYAN PRESTON       

Tonight's celebrity telethon host is Tracee Ellis Ross. She looks even less enthused than Eva Longoria did on night one.

STEPHEN GREEN       

There's a Biden-Harris portrait on the virtual backdrop, and Biden -- keep in mind, this is a posed shot -- has the old man stoop of a man in decline.

BRYAN PRESTON       

DNC trots out a bureaucrat to argue that the elected POTUS can't dethatch the bureaucracy. 

Did they add "preserve and protect the deep state" to their platform?

Bill Clinton will reportedly talk about respecting the Oval Office at the Democratic National Convention Tuesday night

bill-clinton-thumbs-up-computer.jpg

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

No body has taken it more from China  than Canada. Read or perhaps your school didn't have books. Trump is a China patsy compared to Canada. Did you arrest the 2nd most powerful person at Huawia. No. Canada did. We banned their g5 before you.

Lol....I would worry more about your Putin's boot licking pres as the commies take over your country..

FiFY

STEPHEN GREEN       

Jimmy Carter -- turned out of office when I was 11 years old (I'm 51 now) -- reminiscing about working with Biden when Carter ran for president five years prior to that is telling.

Sad, but telling.

BRYAN PRESTON       

Schumer's claim that Trump has quit is just...insane.

Every day Americans see two images. In one, Trump is everywhere, two or three cities a day, delivering speeches with massive energy. In the other, they don't see Biden at all. 

Which of them seems to have quit?

STACEY LENNOX     

Joe Biden has called himself a bridge to the next generation. The pathetic line-up we just saw has to do with the fact that Barack Obama lost over 1,000 seats at the state, local, and federal levels nationwide. The Democrats are saying those politicians are the future. They are all radicals They are framing AOC as the future of the party on ABC. NEVER FORGET THAT. 

OMG, Rahm Emanuel went to "scandal-free" for Obama. Is that part of the drinking game? In the wake of all of the #Obamagate revelations,

how does anyone say that with a straight face? 

• Like (+1) 1

STACEY LENNOX       

Someone just nominated for Georgia and framed us as Jim Crow holdovers and I can't stop laughing.

We have voted in person through the entire pandemic. I have done it twice. Once in the primary and once in the special election.

Sorry if you live in Democrat-run Fulton County, which screws up every election.

Trump and Kemp have zero control over where you vote or for how long. Go talk to your county. 

Current delegate count: 

Biden -- 540

Sanders -- 330

Delaware, not surprisingly, passed so Biden's home state can be the one to put him over the top, as is customary.

STEPHEN GREEN       

It's true what Chris ***** said: Joe Biden has never forgotten where he's from.

Just don't ask him where he is at any given moment.

PAULA BOLYARD       

If you watch these speeches for 10 or 15 minutes you'll notice that many/most of them begin their speeches with some variation of "As a..." 

As an African American...

As a minority farmer... 

As a gender nonbinary furry...

As a member of the Sioux tribe...

As a homosexual flamenco dancer...

You get the picture. It just goes to show how invested Democrats are in identity politics. It's all they've got. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

No body has taken on China more than Canada. Read or perhaps your school didn't have books. Trump is a China patsy compared to Canada. Did you arrest the 2nd most powerful person at Huawia. No. Canada did. We banned their g5 before you.

Lol....I would worry more about your Putin's boot licking pres as the commies take over your country..

Your country arrested her because she was in your country at the time. Now, what's your excuse for deliberately helping China avoid the tariffs that Trump placed on them?

• Thank you (+1) 1

VICTORIA TAFT       

Build. 

Back. 

Better.

It's almost like.

Make.

America.

Great.

Again. 

Must be a coincidence

Russia *drink*

STACEY LENNOX       

Joe Biden's energy policies would leave us dependent on Saudi Arabia and Russia for oil. Keep us in endless foreign wars. 

OMG Kerry on the Iran Deal and saying they wanted to destroy ISIS. I can't even. 

Trump has made more progress in peace in the Middle East than any President in my lifetime. 

John Kerry says Trump's foreign policy has made America "more isolated."

In the same week Trump announced he'd gotten Israel and the UAE to normalize relations.

Democrats are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. 

BRYAN PRESTON       

John Kerry just claimed that Democrats "stopped ISIS."

He left out a word. Democrats stopped fighting ISIS. 

Democrats abandoned Iraq, allowing ISIS to rise and take over territory our troops had fought hard to control. 

Sigh. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

STEPHEN GREEN       

Jimmy Carter -- turned out of office when I was 11 years old (I'm 51 now) -- reminiscing about working with Biden when Carter ran for president five years prior to that is telling.

Sad, but telling.

BRYAN PRESTON       

Schumer's claim that Trump has quit is just...insane.

Every day Americans see two images. In one, Trump is everywhere, two or three cities a day, delivering speeches with massive energy. In the other, they don't see Biden at all. 

Which of them seems to have quit?

I prefer a president that doesn't find the need to stick his fat ***** face in every facet of our lives...the more he talks, the more pathetic and desprate he seems. But, I am not part of the cult of personality that has evolved around him...Trump may not have quit, but his tireless energy is put to protecting his house of lies and corruption.  I am not predicting he loses in November (I have learned not to trust anything Trump is involved with), but the rest of us will know, we could do much better.  

His campaign strategy seems to be to prove that the election is rigged...and repeating his bull#### over and over.

Edited by Buftex
add

I actually gained a lot of respect for Ocassio-Cortez there by nominating Sanders.  She, as they say, “owned it”.

Instead of the aNyOnE bUt TrUmP drivel.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I prefer a president that doesn't find the need to stick his fat ***** face in every facet of our lives...the more he talks, the more pathetic and desprate he seems. But, I am not part of the cult of personality that has evolved around him...Trump may not have quit, but his tireless energy is put to protecting his house of lies and corruption.  I am not predicting he loses in November (I have learned not to trust anything Trump is involved with), but the rest of us will know, we could do much better. 

really?  The main gripe about Trump, especially over the past five months, seems to be that he didn’t stick his “fat-ass face” into every facets of our lives MORE.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I actually gained a lot of respect for Ocassio-Cortez there by nominating Sanders.  She, as they say, “owned it”.

Instead of the aNyOnE bUt TrUmP drivel.

really?  The main gripe about Trump, especially over the past five months, seems to be that he didn’t stick his “fat-ass face” into every facets of our lives MORE.

The main gripe from who? We know he is too lazy to do real work to benefit anyone but himself...but he is a tireless bloviatior...

Edited by Buftex

9 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The main gripe from who? We know he is too lazy to do real work to benefit anyone but himself...but he is a tireless bloviatior...

Let me ask you a question.  What’s the main complaint from people about Trump’s handling of Covid-19?

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes Jill, Joe will make the classrooms ring out again. Not quite as impressive as halting the rise of the seas though.

will they have to sing a song praising Joe Biden like they do in North Korea with Kim-Jong Un?

Jill Biden seems to be a more qualified candidate than Joe Biden. 

Jill Biden just said that if Joe wins the classrooms "will ring out with possibility again."

Did she just admit that the key to ending lockdown and opening school is to vote for her husband?

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Let me ask you a question.  What’s the main complaint from people about Trump’s handling of Covid-19?

That he downplayed it, didn't take it seriously, ran roughshod over parts of the country for some perceived political benefit....but he never shut the ***** up. The only ones complaing a about his silence were Kellyanne Conway and his campaign managers, when they saw his tanking poll numbers.  Their concern wasn't that he wasn't talking enough, it was that he was not appearing to give a flip about the pandemic. 

Edited by Buftex