Patrick Mahomes challenges Josh Allen to a throw off

16 hours ago, Distorted One said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this one but I recall seeing a little contest, many years ago between Drew Bledsoe and Brett Favre (I'm 95% certain it was those two) and maybe another dude before the Pro Bowl game of whatever year that was.  This was before Drew landed in B'lo.  I think I remember they both threw 75 yards and tied.  Vaguely remember someone else might have been there in the mix but didn't beat those two so I guess it wasn't important enough for me to remember who that was (or not remember if I'm incorrect). 

There may have been more of those but that's the only one I've actually watched myself.  I've tuned out for the season by Pro Bowl time so just happening across the one with Bledsoe and Favre was a bit of luck.  That was fun to watch.  Of course I'd absolutely love to see Mahomes and Allen fire some cannonballs. 

I know exactly what you are talking about.  It was an NFL Pro Bowl Skills competition event.  Favre and Bledsoe were the Mahomes and Allen of that era as far as firepower.  That event also used moving targets though so accuracy came into play as well.  It would be cool to see Josh and Mahomes compete in something like that.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

It's all a ploy by those chicken $#!t Chiefs to tear Josh's rotator cuff, thereby ending their biggest threat in the AFC for several years.

Next Pat'll be challenging Lamar to a 40 yard dash, in hopes of Jackson blowing a hamstring or two.

He’s already seen Lamar in that throwing skills challenge. I doubt Mahomes is worried about Lamar.

• Haha (+1) 1

If they do decide to do this i'm pretty sure the coaches along with the GM will have something to say about it especially if Mahomes was to throw out his elbow after just signing a $500 mill contract ...

Josh hasn't signed a deal like that yet but the coaches would want to make sure he doesn't do something to jeopardize his future .

On 7/18/2020 at 6:17 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It can't be all muscle.  Technique must matter too.

I really think it is partly where the muscle attached to the bone creating greater torque in some people's arms. I'm always amazed at some people can seemingly effortlessly toss the ball 60 yards and other mere mortals can not do that on their best day. Myself included in that latter category.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, Golden Goat said:

Please don't do it, Josh. You're a Bill now. Our luck blows and this has IR written all over it.

Made me laugh out loud.  

It's true.  With our luck, Josh would really unload into his strongest throw, and completely destroy his throwing elbow or some such.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The only thing Josh has to prove to Mahomes will happen on January 24, 2021, during the AFC Championship game.

If Josh goes through with this throwing contest/complete waste of time, it will only prove to me that he still doesn't have the mature, franchise QB mentality.

2 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I really think it is partly where the muscle attached to the bone creating greater torque in some people's arms. I'm always amazed at some people can seemingly effortlessly toss the ball 60 yards and other mere mortals can not do that on their best day. Myself included in that latter category.

That's definitely a huge part. Where your muscle connects to your bone is different on every person

It's genetics and has a lot to do with the shape and strength of your muscles and how they work

Reminds me of the old days when many of us were kids with the Superstars.  Remember when Gasteneu and LT had the shoulder press contest, the obstacle course with Lynn Swan and others.  I know they make too much $, but that was fun in the off season when I was a little tike.  Personally, I’d rather have this vs. a Pro Bowl.

The QB’s could do a throw off for distance and then accuracy, athletic competition for several other players, and so on.  Make it two weeks after the SB so even the players on the teams who are in it can have fun too.  Make it a big charity thing, and the MFL machine can pump it up on prime time.  How fun would that be.  Putting Lamar up in a dash against some of the D Backs and WRS.  Some type of weightlifting for the big dudes, and so on.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Reminds me of the old days when many of us were kids with the Superstars.  Remember when Gasteneu and LT had the shoulder press contest, the obstacle course with Lynn Swan and others.  I know they make too much $, but that was fun in the off season when I was a little tike.  Personally, I’d rather have this vs. a Pro Bowl.

The QB’s could do a throw off for distance and then accuracy, athletic competition for several other players, and so on.  Make it two weeks after the SB so even the players on the teams who are in it can have fun too.  Make it a big charity thing, and the MFL machine can pump it up on prime time.  How fun would that be.  Putting Lamar up in a dash against some of the D Backs and WRS.  Some type of weightlifting for the big dudes, and so on.

The Pro Bowl is an embarrassment now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2020 at 10:01 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He’s already seen Lamar in that throwing skills challenge. I doubt Mahomes is worried about Lamar.

Definitely should hand back his MVP and Heisman.  How far you can throw the ball is the only thing that matters. 

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

Maybe he looked in the mirror.:w00t:

Post your picture handsome Rico and let’s judge.  By the way you post on here, if you’re not a 6’5” Brad Pitt, I’m going to be disappointed. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Definitely should hand back his MVP and Heisman.  How far you can throw the ball is the only thing that matters. 

Post your picture handsome Rico and let’s judge.  By the way you post on here, if you’re not a 6’5” Brad Pitt, I’m going to be disappointed. ?

I’m only a 6’2” Richard Gere. :( 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m so disappointed. With or without, the gerbil though? ?

No gerbil. If you look at Mahomes’ face though, he may have had a gerbil somewhere in the family tree.