Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Back the Blue

Life goes on without sports...

Recommended Posts

I'm really not missing sports at all.  I realize in a normal year the only thing going on right now would be baseball, but I don't even really miss that.  Maybe it is because it is summer, and even though many things are shut down, you can still enjoy the nice weather...and maybe I'll feel different once the weather starts to turn in WNY come November.  We will see.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ESPN misses sports. A lot!  They had an Eagles concert on ESPN2 the other night. I guess you can only show that 1998 National Spelling Bee so many times. 

 

I don’t miss sports NOW, because I’m not a baseball fan (and I’m watching Kyle’s terrific showing at Lake Tahoe). Right now I’m mostly dreading the thought of Fall arriving, and football cannot  pull off the miracle. That will hurt. It’s not the end of the world, but with fall comes football......right?  That is how it is supposed to work. It might even be the long lost 11th Commandment. I’m not positive on the last part, but I’m pretty sure....

 

College basketball with be the thing I miss the second most. 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really missing sports at the moment but I always love summer and it's playing golf season so that has always been my Sports fix at this time of the year.  As others have mentioned no football in the fall will be the true test.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is as though someone removed a pound of my flesh, or a limb.  There is an emptiness inside that feels as hollow and hopeless as the darkest void.  

 

But it's subjective. I respect your opinion on the matter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m doing just fine without sports. It will be a whole different feeling come August is the NFL isn’t back into the swing of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got lucky and hooked my 14 year old up with a baseball team after we found out that the local little league didn't have enough players. Watching practices and a scrimmage has been a welcome sight this past week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to miss having no football if there is no season. I do think the NFL will play but not CFB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Augie said:

ESPN misses sports. A lot!  They had an Eagles concert on ESPN2 the other night. I guess you can only show that 1998 National Spelling Bee so many times. 

 

I don’t miss sports NOW, because I’m not a baseball fan (and I’m watching Kyle’s terrific showing at Lake Tahoe). Right now I’m mostly dreading the thought of Fall arriving, and football cannot  pull off the miracle. That will hurt. It’s not the end of the world, but with fall comes football......right?  That is how it is supposed to work. It might even be the long lost 11th Commandment. I’m not positive on the last part, but I’m pretty sure....

 

College basketball with be the thing I miss the second most. 

 

 

.

This concert was on ESPN the original on Sunday night.  WTF is that crap?  Not at all sports related, but I guess that is ESPNs m.o. these days. 

 

"I had a rough night and I hate the f*n Eagles, man."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't miss watching sports much, but I do love playing ice hockey year round.  Haven't been able to play since March 11th.  And we were supposed to play in the 11 Day Power Play this week - no dice.

 

I will be missing the NFL and the Bills in the fall, if they can't pull it together by then.

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

This concert was on ESPN the original on Sunday night.  WTF is that crap?  Not at all sports related, but I guess that is ESPNs m.o. these days. 

 

"I had a rough night and I hate the f*n Eagles, man."

 

It's either that or SJW-ing all day long on ESPN.  I'd take Hotel California on a continuous loop over that.

Edited by 123719bwiqrb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't missed it much, at all actually.

 

The greatest blessing of all this COVID nonsense is it's allowed me to focus on what's truly important.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I haven't missed it much, at all actually.

 

The greatest blessing of all this COVID nonsense is it's allowed me to focus on what's truly important.

^^^^this guy gets it. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not missing the pro sports as this is usually a down time for the sports I care about, hockey and football. I’m waiting for my fantasy football magazine to arrive. What I’m missing is playing hockey, which I did year round on Sundays. We haven’t played since March, and it will be at least months before we can play again. I’m getting doughy from the lack of activity. Tried to buy a bike last month but there’s not a lot of inventory under $1,000.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss baseball a lot.  It's been part of my daily routine from April to November for decades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm nowhere near the sports addict I was when younger. Still it is nice to be able to watch some competition that isn't a rerun or extremely lame.

 

So far, horse racing and boxing have scratched my sports itch. Come football season it will probably get a bit tougher. But like many have said. Very minor issue given the current crisis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is a Yankees fan; no Yankees, guess who picks up the slack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely missed the real playoff hockey. We’ll see what this here NHL tourney looks like (three MTL Canadiens are positive for covid already). And no March Madness sucked. NHL Playoffs and NCAA hoops gets me through the spring into summer.

 

As for the rest, meh. I’m casual baseball, don’t really care about pro hoops, and if the Bills weren’t in Buffalo, I probably wouldn’t follow NFL at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...