New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Jason LaCanfora is always wrong when it comes to the Bills. 

He’s to be trusted with redskins news ? 

He's a DC/Baltimore based reporter, and more importantly, it's EVERYONE in the DC area talking about it. He wasn't the first.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

This COULD be something to do with firings.  I know companies which would leak internal stuff and watch for to appear in public to know who was a leaker.

Sounds like the government/ WH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/15/larry-michael-retires-washington-nfl-team/#comments-wrapper

Larry Michael, longtime radio voice of Washington’s NFL team, retires

“After 16 great years my time with the organization is over," Michael said in a statement. "As of today I’ll be retiring from my position with the team. As a lifelong Washingtonian I was blessed to work with a lot of great people. I want to thank everyone who contributed over the years. I’m especially grateful to [team owner] Dan Snyder for giving me the opportunity. On to the next chapter.”

The team declined to comment about Michael’s retirement.

Probably reading way too much into this but it's weird the team declined to comment about the longtime radio voice of the team retiring.

Reading more, he was also a Senior VP in the org., not just the radio voice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/15/larry-michael-retires-washington-nfl-team/#comments-wrapper

“After 16 great years my time with the organization is over," Michael said in a statement. "As of today I’ll be retiring from my position with the team. As a lifelong Washingtonian I was blessed to work with a lot of great people. I want to thank everyone who contributed over the years. I’m especially grateful to [team owner] Dan Snyder for giving me the opportunity. On to the next chapter.”

Probably reading way too much into this but it's weird the team declined to comment about the longtime radio voice of the team retiring.

seems like he’s getting out while the getting’s good.

25 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Reading more, he was also a Senior VP in the org., not just the radio voice.

WOW!!  They weren't kidding.  This IS a huge, warped, toxic, disappointing, sad and sickening story!!!

Snyder will be forced to sell after this bombshell

Speculation from elsewhere in the internet

Alright I’ve done some sleuthing:

There are currently (IMO credible) rumors that the Washington Post is about to drop a bombshell story in the next two days (and with the ramp up in discussing it, I believe it’s going to run tomorrow)

If you are familiar with these kinds of stories, they are not a couple weeks of assignment, these stories are oftentimes months and occasionally years in the making.

On July 2nd 2020 Fed Ex CEO and Skins minority owner Fred Smith made it known he would like a name change.

On July 5th 2020 it was reported that all minority owners were looking to sell their shares, which raised quite a few eyebrows. Everyone was caught up in the name change to the fact they thought this was the minority owners trying to prove a point to Dan, but they stated their reasoning as being unhappy and unwilling to do business with Dan Snyder.

Hold the effing phone. One or two minority owners, I might understand, but for all of them to do this at the same time? I thought something was up.

July 12th 2020, the Redskins leak they are officially changing their name, and quietly fire two members of their personnel department.

That same evening as celebration and disbelief were felt over the name change, a reporter tweeted that some really bad things were about to come out of Redskins Park (the location of the business side of the Washington football team)

So here is what I think went down:

Reporter stumbles on something big involving the two men who were fired quietly while chasing something else. Gets the go ahead for an investigative spotlight exposè.

Fred Smith listens to his investors and asks Snyder to change the name.

Reporter goes to Fed Ex CEO seeing opportunity in what is probably a behind the scenes rift and presents what he or she has uncovered.

It’s big and potentially devastating to anyone even in the neighborhood. Fed EX CEO goes to other minority owners and tells them what’s about to happen.

They all decide to put their shares up for sale in a desperate attempt to wash their hands of what is coming.

A week later the reporter with story nearing completion contacts Snyder and gives him one chance for comment (this is normally procedure right before an exposè drops)

Snyder realizes what’s about to happen, fires the two involved, and changes the name to steal the spotlight for a few days in order to hold off the story for as long as he can.

The reporter, knowing that’s exactly what Snyder is doing, starts floating pieces of their big story to local Washington beat writers so that the public will still grow curious and not be distracted by the name change.

It’s worked, and the story is probably dropping tomorrow.

I think I’ve found what it’s about but don’t have enough evidence and don’t want to spread rumors in this uncertain climate.

I also strongly believe the reporter is a woman, and I do believe this story is as earth shattering as advertised.