New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right. That was just my 2 second blurb because I'm way more interested in seeing what comes out than engaging @LeviF91 who wants to be "skepitcal" that anything bad could have gone down in the Redskins org, and somehow turn it around on "the media". ?

Gotcha. I'm sort of skeptical it will be as bad as people claim, just because there is too much time to hype up the story. I mean, Epstein? Really? People really think its possible the story will be about Syner running a sex ring with Epstein? Crazy. Its probably more likely a run of the mill sex scandal, closer to what happened with Russ than anything else. 

8 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I have no doubt that bad ***** goes down in that organization.  I'm skeptical of the no-name twitterer who is now throwing every bad thing you can think of against the wall to see what sticks.

I'm sure it will be tough to prove some of the stuff. But he is local and has access to the org and works for former Redskins. Also works for The Daily Caller, so that should be right up your alley! ?

It's tough to be skeptical about any dirt in that franchise after what has already come out previously. And look at how much was kept hidden about Russ Brandon even though everyone who ever went to a bar on Chippewa knew about it.

Remember, this is the franchise that did a topless shoot with their cheerleaders and pushed them to prostitute for sponsors. So that's our starting point already.

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Gotcha. I'm sort of skeptical it will be as bad as people claim, just because there is too much time to hype up the story. I mean, Epstein? Really? People really think its possible the story will be about Syner running a sex ring with Epstein? Crazy. Its probably more likely a run of the mill sex scandal, closer to what happened with Russ than anything else. 

Yeah, Im not buying into some of that extreme stuff until I see the real story.

I think his main tweet says it all with regards to the main story.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so is there really going to be a story that comes out or was it just some darts being thrown at the wall?

There is a real story coming. Speculation is that the Redskins DID respond to their request for comment this week, and now it's tied up in legal. But should be dropped today/tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Isn’t that always how it is? The brain imagines situations so crazy that by the time the reality is out it’s seen as less extreme than the imagined.

It’s the same deal when the missus texts you that she needs to talk to you when you get home. The 30 minute drive home you’ve everywhere from “she’s dying of cancer, pregnant, divorcing me, cheating on me, going to kill me.” etc.

You get home and she wants to talk about how she’s been thinking about rearranging the furniture and could you help Saturday. It’s not that you had any reason to expect the worst, but the brain manufacturers some ***** sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Isn’t that always how it is? The brain imagines situations so crazy that by the time the reality is out it’s seen as less extreme than the imagined.

It’s the same deal when the missus texts you that she needs to talk to you when you get home. The 30 minute drive home you’ve everywhere from “she’s dying of cancer, pregnant, divorcing me, cheating on me, going to kill me.” etc.

You get home and she wants to talk about how she’s been thinking about rearranging the furniture and could you help Saturday. It’s not that you had any reason to expect the worst, but the brain manufacturers some ***** sometimes. 

My wife literally just did this to me the other day. Except it was about my drinking, soooooo

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Your avatar does match your personality!  ?

Best quote of the 12th Doctor:

"And stay away from my browser history!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
delete. delete. delete.

Report: 'Lawyers are involved' in pending Washington football news

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-lawyers-are-involved-pending-washington-football-news

Why the story may be delayed. Proper vetting and fact checking. Not a bad thing.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Report: 'Lawyers are involved' in pending Washington football news

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-lawyers-are-involved-pending-washington-football-news

Why the story may be delayed. Proper vetting and fact checking. Not a bad thing.

Correct, and/or WaPo got a "cease and desist" letter.

For whatever this is worth...

Pat McAfee gets a text during his show today containing allegations assumed to be in upcoming WaPo story. Said allegations not only of off the field issues but also on-field issues which could potentially damage the entire NFL.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Pat McAfee gets a text during his show today containing allegations assumed to be in upcoming WaPo story. Said allegations not only of off the field issues but also on-field issues which could potentially damage the entire NFL.

When in the video, its like two hours.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What on field issues related to any of the rumors so far could damage the entire NFL? 

hmmm

• SDS locked this topic