If the Season Is Canceled, What Will the 2021 Draft Look Like?

Gugny

I haven't seen anything written on this topic since April.  It's a real possibility that there may not be a season ... in the NFL or in College.

Lots of variables.  What's the draft order?  Do college seniors get another year of eligibility?

From what I've researched, this situation has not been accounted for (not faulting anyone).  Just wondering if anyone has any intel on how this will work.

I would think it would be some sort of snake draft (think fantasy).

This way whoever picks 1st, wouldn’t pick again until the 64th pick. 

Either way they do it it would be a chit show and I’m sure the NFL will do whatever they can to avoid this. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

I would think it would be some sort of snake draft (think fantasy).

This way whoever picks 1st, wouldn’t pick again until the 64th pick. 

Either way they do it it would be a chit show and I’m sure the NFL will do whatever they can to avoid this. 

Based on a lottery system? I think the bigger issue is the fact that you're gonna have a complete cluster you know what from the college ranks. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Probably the same order as this years draft

This ^^^

I can’t remember just know, but I think that someone or another suggested that college seniors would get another year of eligibility.

The real truth is that a lot of college football players better stay and get their degree because a bunch of them aren’t gonna be pro football players because of this. The league however will survive even if it takes a couple of years to have the dust fully settle as it were. 

• Like (+1) 1

wow this is a relevant topic to be discussing my head hurts no offense to the OP but ......BOOOOOOOOOOOO........just voicing my frustration and bummed out feeling that we may not have football this  year...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-(((((((((((((

• Like (+1) 3

The season will start.. Too much money on the line. Finishing is another story depending how it goes. 
I can’t wrap my head around the possibility there won’t be pro sports yet this year 

Edited by Rc2catch

Bengals get to replace Joe B. with Trevor before Joe ever plays a down.(Maybe a blessing for Joe)

Pats* get extra comp picks, just because. 

We don’t get to see Tua’s plush house again, which made me envious, so we get to see who the next best paid college player is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The season will start.. Too much money on the line. Finishing is another story depending how it goes. 
I can’t wrap my head around the possibility there won’t be pro sports yet this year 

Wrap your head around it. I watched golf (the colonial) some this past weekend. Can I tell you the last time I did that: masters 2019 with tiger woods. Last time I watched it before then: never. That’s how desperate I’ve become. Heck, tennis may have ratings through the roof when they crank back up

26 minutes ago, major said:

Wrap your head around it. I watched golf (the colonial) some this past weekend. Can I tell you the last time I did that: masters 2019 with tiger woods. Last time I watched it before then: never. That’s how desperate I’ve become. Heck, tennis may have ratings through the roof when they crank back up

I think all the major sports will give it a go, not sure how it plays out but I am 100% confident they will all try 

I would assume the NFL will go all 16 games unless the infection rates spike drastically again. I don’t think they’ll be any fans.

I do think the NFL and the NFLPA should work on an agreement for “stay in place” for all staff and players. Things start to get dicey if players start getting infected and spreading it to other rosters. As much as it sucks, they should take a few months of lockdown. Them and their families. No restaurants etc. It seems like the only way to ensure that the league doesn’t lose more revenue or players. 

I think college is 50/50 at the moment. If they start as normal and with fans, I don’t see them either finishing the season and/or allowing fans at any stadium. College is sort of a scary proposition in general at the moment. 

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I haven't seen anything written on this topic since April.  It's a real possibility that there may not be a season ... in the NFL or in College.

Lots of variables.  What's the draft order?  Do college seniors get another year of eligibility?

From what I've researched, this situation has not been accounted for (not faulting anyone).  Just wondering if anyone has any intel on how this will work.

it’s a good question actually. They couldn’t just use the previous year’s draft order - i would guess they’d have some sort of weighted lottery? Have the teams with the worst cumulative records over the past 3 years or so get into a lottery for the first 20 picks. Idk it would be terrible no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1