Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Process

Dalton to the Cowboys 1yr $7M per Schefter

Recommended Posts

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I can give you 35 million reasons they let Prescott get away. And also they’ll probably franchise and trade him for draft picks. There’s plenty of QB needy teams that would stupidly overpay for his services. Dak deserves around the 18-24 million range not 35 million. He’s not the kind of QB that can put a team completely On his shoulders. He’s not Marino, Elway or Kelly or even Manning

 

The thing is, he thinks he's worth $35M+ a year.  I don't know what team will give that to him and thus it makes trading him, much less for decent draft picks, almost impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

The thing is, he thinks he's worth $35M+ a year.  I don't know what team will give that to him and thus it makes trading him, much less for decent draft picks, almost impossible.

Unfortunately there will be a team that’s dumb enough to give him what he wants and immediately will allow him to put them in salary cap hell. You can’t build a team when your QB makes 35 mil+ a year. Dak is being greedy and is thinking more about himself than the team. Jones won’t put up with his BS much longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Unfortunately there will be a team that’s dumb enough to give him what he wants and immediately will allow him to put them in salary cap hell. You can’t build a team when your QB makes 35 mil+ a year. Dak is being greedy and is thinking more about himself than the team. Jones won’t put up with his BS much longer

 

Don't be so sure.  I don't know if any team views him as being worth $35M+.  He'll have to lower his demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So Dalton is out of the next apparent nightmare in NE contest who's the next candidate?

 

What are the Dolphins going to do with Rosen?

 

Trade to New England for future considerations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been talking about this within my group of friends for months. Sign dalton.  Trade dak.  Can’t pay that guy 35 mill a year

 

Question is if they do that (which I agree with) what do they do next year and who will pay for Dak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Don't be so sure.  I don't know if any team views him as being worth $35M+.  He'll have to lower his demands.

You might be right. But as we all know teams get desperate at the QB position and I can see a team like Cleveland overpay for Prescott especially if Mayfield continues to regress like he  did last year or Chicago since neither Trubisky or Foles are the answers or hell l even Jacksonville since we know Coach Moron over there is a dead man walking and the next coach and gm they hire might not want Minschew around.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Trade to New England for future considerations? 

How many backup QBs does one team need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Question is if they do that (which I agree with) what do they do next year and who will pay for Dak?

Dak wouldn’t be my problem if I were dallas.  He couldn’t lead their team to the playoffs in a year before everyone got paid.  Their SB window closed with him as their QB imo.  Although I’m. A huge fan of their draft.  Cannot believe Lamb fell to them. Diggs, Gallimore (in rd 3!), Robinson, Biadasz and Anae?? That’s a great haul and might give him a shot, but I’d rather go with dalton and sign 2 12M players and extend dalton if he plays ok.  Move on and play the market/draft if not.  I’d rather have a rookie making 5 mill a year than Dak making 35

Edited by NewEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

 

It doesn't make any sense for them to pay a QB. They are still paying Brady $13.5 million in dead cap. Spotrac says their cap space is -$6.2 million when you account for their draft picks (yes that's NEGATIVE $6.2 million). If they cut Sanu that will bring them to $0 in cap space. They're doing the smart thing which is to accept this year as a rebuild year. In 2021 they're currently projected to have $94 million in cap space. Lucky for us I think Belichick is too good to have them tank the season and end up with Lawrence or Fields. But they look like a 6 win team at best to me, and that's only because Belichick is so good. Their roster is a 2 or 3 win roster. Even with Belichick they will be a bottom 5 team in the league IMO. Unless Stidham is way better than anyone thinks, I just don't see it.

Good luck with 2 or 3 wins. They do have the #1 defense, ya know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billykay said:

Good luck with 2 or 3 wins. They do have the #1 defense, ya know.

 

You won't have to go too far out on a limb to say they will not have the #1 D this coming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, billykay said:

Good luck with 2 or 3 wins. They do have the #1 defense, ya know.

 

They lost Van Noy, Collins, and Shelton. Their defense will take a step back and their offense will be worse than it was last year. They have the worst QB room in the league. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick can get them to 5 or 6 wins, but the roster on its own is really bad.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

They lost Van Noy, Collins, and Shelton. Their defense will take a step back and their offense will be worse than it was last year. They have the worst QB room in the league. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick can get them to 5 or 6 wins, but the roster on its own is really bad.

This is starting to remind me when Gruden’s Bucs started to fall completely apart. I wonder if Belichick walks away at the years end and they promote Mc Daniels as the HC? Belichick is getting older and has already said he doesnt plan on coaching into his 70s. Makes sense since McDaniels never left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This is starting to remind me when Gruden’s Bucs started to fall completely apart. I wonder if Belichick walks away at the years end and they promote Mc Daniels as the HC? Belichick is getting older and has already said he doesnt plan on coaching into his 70s. Makes sense since McDaniels never left

 

It's coming soon.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Unfortunately there will be a team that’s dumb enough to give him what he wants and immediately will allow him to put them in salary cap hell. You can’t build a team when your QB makes 35 mil+ a year. Dak is being greedy and is thinking more about himself than the team. Jones won’t put up with his BS much longer

 

Jerry Jones has had decades to bring a championship back to Dallas, and has shown loyalty before business sense more times than I can count.  Here are the top 3 off the top of my head.

  1. Jason Garrett.  Enough said.
  2. Dave Campo had no business being HC in the NFL.  He was HC for 3 years of the Cowboys.
  3. Tony Romo outlived what he could do at the position and he was still extended.

So I agree with you that overpaying a QB will put the team in salary cap hell, and when you look at teams who are in salary cap hell, the majority of them have overpaid QBs.  But we're talking about the Cowboys here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You think BB needs a ready made excuse for Kraft?

 

Guy is the best coach of all time with 6 rings.😂

 

He's also the guy that ran out of town the best QB of all time (who also happened to have 6 rings.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

 

They lost Van Noy, Collins, and Shelton. Their defense will take a step back and their offense will be worse than it was last year. They have the worst QB room in the league. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick can get them to 5 or 6 wins, but the roster on its own is really bad.

Yeah, the Pats would be bad enough with that QB room, regardless of the roster. It’s made worse by the fact that BB is a terrible GM. He’s built solid defensive teams, but hasn’t built a respectable offense. Brady bailed out all of the mistakes BB made attempting to find talent on offense. Now the Pats are left without a legit QB, and almost no skill position talent on offense. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dak wouldn’t be my problem if I were dallas.  He couldn’t lead their team to the playoffs in a year before everyone got paid.  Their SB window closed with him as their QB imo.  Although I’m. A huge fan of their draft.  Cannot believe Lamb fell to them. Diggs, Gallimore (in rd 3!), Robinson, Biadasz and Anae?? That’s a great haul and might give him a shot, but I’d rather go with dalton and sign 2 12M players and extend dalton if he plays ok.  Move on and play the market/draft if not.  I’d rather have a rookie making 5 mill a year than Dak making 35

What two 12M players would you like to see added to the Cowboys right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What two 12M players would you like to see added to the Cowboys right now?

No idea.  Watching a movie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Doc said:

 

The thing is, he thinks he's worth $35M+ a year.  I don't know what team will give that to him and thus it makes trading him, much less for decent draft picks, almost impossible.

 

Dak would have to improve his level of play to justify his contract if it was 35 million aav. And that's a big risk to pay on speculation. I think Dak is a very poor mans version of Russell Wilson his first 3-4 years in the league. He manages the game, uses his legs to get some cheap yardage and makes good plays on third down. However Dak unlike Wilson isn't as good of a passer even on the run. Wilson is a good passer in the pocket and an elite passer on the run. Dak is a mediocre passer from the pocket and very good on the run. 

 

Can Dak elevate his play? Certainly, but why would you want to pay 35 million with a 90+ million dollar guarantee to hope someone can get better to justify their contract? Dak also has played with a very good O-line, one of the best RB's in the league and a decent complement of receivers that is now stacked and a defense that has been good at times. Paying Dak 35 million means the defense has to get worse or his complementary pieces have to get worse. That's not a winning recipe. 

 

Would another team pay Dak 35 million? I don't know, there are some QB thirsty teams out there that would. Cousins a few years ago got offered 30 million and took 27 million fully guaranteed for 3 years. 

Edited by billsfan89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...