Is Stidham any good?

6 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

You jumped the shark when you turned to global warming denial. It undermines all your other arguments. 

Next step: Holocaust denial. 

U did it again .... where did I deny global warming ?  U really fabricate things 

On 5/2/2020 at 1:11 PM, Motorin' said:

I really enjoyed watching this. Stidham is a dink and dunker. His ball 20 yards downfield has Peterman pick potential. Average mobility. Collapses under pressure, fumble prone. If the Pats defense can hold teams to under 10 points each week they are going to win a lot of games next year. 

He looks like PFF super hero Duck Hodges. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

You jumped the shark when you turned to global warming denial. It undermines all your other arguments. 

Next step: Holocaust denial. 

Holocaust denial .... sure, go worry about an atrocity in another country and ignore the total disgrace regarding treatment of African Americans in your  own backyard. 

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

Getting back to the topic.......

The question can not be answered until he gets a min 1/2 season on tape where game plans are built around his weaknesses.  QBs look good in pre-season when vanilla defenses rule.

Thanks, agree and sorry for my role in going off topic .... I agree it will take about 1/2 to whole season.  I think he’s gonna do really well in about year 2 or 3 of his career... I really wanted Bills to draft him 

THey have cap issues but at the same time could have went with a veteran who is out there.  Belichick is probably not enamored with who was out there and wants to take his legend to the next level by "developing" Stidham.  Good luck, he will likely fail at making the next Tom Brady. But I bet they will be a winning team and someone the Bills will still struggle to beat.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It got weird in here

Because we're going on 10 pages of obsessing over the 133rd overall pick with four career pass attempts?  I agree.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

THey have cap issues but at the same time could have went with a veteran who is out there.  Belichick is probably not enamored with who was out there and wants to take his legend to the next level by "developing" Stidham.  Good luck, he will likely fail at making the next Tom Brady. But I bet they will be a winning team and someone the Bills will still struggle to beat.

Nope.  Not without creating weaknesses elsewhere, for QB's with warts on them.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Getting back to the topic.......

The question can not be answered until he gets a min 1/2 season on tape where game plans are built around his weaknesses.  QBs look good in pre-season when vanilla defenses rule.

Exactly.  I never say anything special while watching him in college.  He was meh.  I think he is getting the Patriot bump.  

that said, I think it insane they way some fans are discounting them.  They are going to make things real simple for their qb and their defense will keep them in every game.  They probably will look similar to our team last year.  Keep the game close, don’t beat yourself, and hopefully pull it out late.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Victory Formation said:

I think you mean Stidham. They’re saying that New England is higher on him than they were on Garoppolo. It should be interesting to see how this shakes out. I think even with poor QB play, New England gets 8 wins off their defense alone so bottoming out doesn’t seem likely. Their defense is way too good for that.

Agreed (think 6 wins at worst and 9 wins at most) and I love that. Here's to two decades of 6-10, 7-9, and 8-8 records for the Pats, stuck in QB purgatory. ?

• Like (+1) 1

who the hell knows?  Vegas might 

Patriots only favored in eight games in 2020

The Patriots are underdogs at Seattle, at Kansas City, home against the 49ers, at Buffalo, home against the Ravens, at Houston and at the L.A. Rams. They’re favored to win both of their games against the Dolphins and Jets, their home game against the Bills, home against the Raiders, home against the Broncos and home against the Cardinals. They’re a pick-em at the Chargers.

If the odds are right, they’ll go 8-7-1, their worst record since 2000, before Brady was their starting quarterback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/11/patriots-only-favored-in-eight-games-in-2020/?partner=Yahoo

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Adam Gase has a higher winning percentage than Belicheat without Brady.

If you include the Browns years yes. But he did go 10-5 with Matt Cassell in 2008 and 4-0 without Brady when he was suspended for deflate gate. 

• Like (+1) 1