2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah I said all draft process Ruiz was the best interior lineman and winning teams value the trenches

Follow the drafting patterns of the best teams in the league and you typically see that pattern of first round picks being spent along the lines and at QB. That's the proper way to build a team. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Gosh Bills fans are so sensitive.

Jefferson is an interesting prospect, so I am not 200% sold the Bills hit a home rub had they just stayed at 22 and took Jefferson.

But it took a surprise move by the Eagles to make it a possibility.

To me, it’s something worth noting. Going forward.

45D593F1-F11D-404B-8414-F4C32815556C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I think if the Bills had stuck at 22 and gotten Jefferson we'd all be thrilled.  But I still would take Diggs 10 times out of 10 for our situation. I think Allen needs someone that already knows how to be an excellent pro, and Diggs being so highly regarded at creating separation is also ideal. Biggest knocks I've seen on Jefferson is creating separation, though we'll see if accurate. More importantly it's we don't really have the luxury to hope another WR pans out and the time it normally takes (at least a year) to do so. Plus Diggs is already relatively cheap as #1WRs go, but cap room also is no issue. This was a good move by Beane. I think it's a decent move for MINN too given Diggs not wanting to be there, but a little curious to pick another slot guy when that's what they already have. But I get it for best available.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Aiyuk a lot.... just not sure I see Aiyuk and Samuel as a great match. Seem too similar to me.

I agree, GB. I like Aiyuk but thought the trade was a little superfluous. BTW, I love Deebo Samuel. Where did you have him last year? If he had been in this draft, where would you have slotted him?