2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

3 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Before people start talking about Tua being a top ten QB, Miami has to get better offensive weapons. They have one good WR, a pretty good TE, and a pretty good RB. Am I missing something here?

I don’t think anyone is saying he will be top 10 right out the gates. Truth be told he’s in a good spot to sit for a year so he may not play until year two at the earliest which will give them time to get weapons. 

• SDS unpinned this topic
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I don’t think anyone is saying he will be top 10 right out the gates. Truth be told he’s in a good spot to sit for a year so he may not play until year two at the earliest which will give them time to get weapons. 

The degree to which the Dolphins tore themselves down really makes them a 2-3 year rebuild, IMO. I'll say that's it was really pretty remarkable how Flores (and Fitzpatrick, for that matter) were able to win the games they did with the shambles that team was in 2019. Fitz should be a pretty good mentor for Tua.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

We have a ton of O lineman.  And most of them are at least decent.  Do you want 20 O Lineman in training camp?  What is the point of signing guys like Spain Long Boehm and Williams if we are drafting another one in the 2nd or 3rd round?  The only O lineman that is old is Nseke.  The rest are all young or in the prime of their careers. 

D line we can get younger.  But I do not think the talent level of the guys falling into the 2nd round at DE, (except Uche) are nearly as dynamic as the RB's or WR's that will be available.  Epenesa Weaver Lewis are ok.  I would take Uche if available.  He has talent and a big upside.  My son plays DE in college and knows the position real well.  He doesn't like any of the other guys in the 2nd round.  Especially Lewis who he says is skinny.  And according to him Epenesa is not athletic enuf to play edge in the NFL. 

Corners are a dime a dozen.  McDermott can take an undrafted guy and make him a solid player.  We have 3 guys more then capable of competing for the starting CB 2 position.  Heck I think McDermott and staff could make Lafayette Pitts into a fringe starter at CB given the scheme we run. 

Drafting a stud RB will not make him a backup.  He can compete with Singletary for carries.  That makes everyone better bro.  As for WR Brown and Beasley are decent.  But neither gets a lot of separation.  And their are plenty of WR's that are coming out that have more upside.  And you definitely need a 4th very good WR on your team in today's NFL.  That is one fan's opinion.  Take it as you will.  

Agree with just about everything above except for the comment about Brown and Beasley not getting separation. I think both are fantastic route runners, and Brown’s speed helps easily create separation.  I love our receiving corps, but what we’re missing is the big possession guy that catches everything you throw him (dare I say the upgraded version of Duke?)

11 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Well,  don't you know that taking a good, pass-catching and rushing RB early in the draft is a terrible idea?   We shouldn't follow the lead of a disfunctional franchise like KC.  What have they ever done lately !! ................ ..................... Yea, he would have been great in Buffalo. I'm surprised as Swift was supposed to go way before Edwards-Helaire.

Clyde's movement skills are unparalleled, and he is a tough runner and pass catcher. Im surprised he went first because of where he was ranked but not surprised KC picked him because he's that good.

today's is new day, Beane will get us what i need.

57 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Agree with just about everything above except for the comment about Brown and Beasley not getting separation. I think both are fantastic route runners, and Brown’s speed helps easily create separation.  I love our receiving corps, but what we’re missing is the big possession guy that catches everything you throw him (dare I say the upgraded version of Duke?)

Fair response Playoffs.  I just keep thinking back to the playoff game, and it just looked like Brown and Beasley along w Duke were blanketed.  But Beasley is super shifty in the slot a lot of the time.  And Brown had a good year.  Josh sure did hold the ball for a long time on a lot of his dropbacks.  Maybe thats on him for being afraid to pull the trigger.  And maybe its on the receivers not getting open.  Hard to tell from watching on TV.  And I agree with what we are missing in the receiving corp.  Its time to draft that bigger WR- Edwards Pittman or Claypool.

39 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It is a national crisis and the man is the president, kind of hard for him to not be a consistent topic of conversation. 

When we are discussing draft viewership?

Very easy to not bring him into it no matter how you feel about him lol.