Wing surplus in US

BarleyNY

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The link somehow just loops back to this thread.???

That’s your double confirmation! It's on the internet, so it’s a double sourced fact! 

P.S. I am a French model. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thank God... There was a wing shortage not too long ago.

Like the stock market... Up and down.

But anyway, there is a TP shortage, so God works in strange and mysterious ways!

5 hours ago, Augie said:

So that's why @mead107 kept hitting on you at the tailgate.  I knew something was up. Oh, and @plenzmd1 always travels with a high class entourage! ?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s your double confirmation! It's on the internet, so it’s a double sourced fact! 

Yeah.  A '59 Citroën with a leaky differential...?

I remember when the price of a pitcher was less than what they get for 5 wings nowadays in some places.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, BarleyNY said:

Link

Due to the restaurant slowdown and cancellation of the NCAA tournament the US is sitting on a huge surplus of wings.  I, for one, intend to stock up the freezer. 

...price per pound could be below a gallon of gas......($1.68-$1.98 in Rochester)......now if a GALLON of bourbon would drop below, I could make up my 401K losses in a week....just sayin'.........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:44 PM, westside said:

I'm willing to do my duty for the country! Onward with celery and blue cheese!!!

You do know with factories closed and some farms not have help both of those items are in shortage?

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Don't the Chinese like them?  Eerything's open there.

Yes Chinese like chicken wings and have been cooking them since before North America was unsettled by Europeans. 

My wife bought a number of packages on sale.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, BarleyNY said:

Link

Due to the restaurant slowdown and cancellation of the NCAA tournament the US is sitting on a huge surplus of wings.  I, for one, intend to stock up the freezer. 

For some reason, I just remembered the old cartoon from the National Lampoon, showing the legless frog on the cart, watching the diners eating frog legs.  Now I'm picturing armless chickens.  ?

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Freddy's Special!  Freddy's Special!

Main at Amherst, right?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

For some reason, I just remembered the old cartoon from the National Lampoon, showing the legless frog on the cart, watching the diners eating frog legs.  Now I'm picturing armless chickens.  ?

“That’s not funny, that’s sick” had that on the cover.  It was a tremendous comedy album.  Bill Murray and Brian Doyle Murray were on it, among others. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Main at Amherst, right?

Yes.  They had the wheel.  Freddy's Special.  I graduated from UB in '87.  I think they had a fire and closed during my UB career.  Ended up spending a lot of time at PJ's and 3rd Base.  PJ's had good 10 cent wings.  

Edited by Irv

2 hours ago, Irv said:

Yes.  They had the wheel.  Freddy's Special.  I graduated from UB in '87.  I think they had a fire and closed during my UB career.  Ended up spending a lot of time at PJ's and 3rd Base.  PJ's had good 10 cent wings.  

My brother rented one of the apartments above Third Base.  As for PJ Bottoms, I always enjoyed ribbing a coworker over his too many nights spent there, and their sign / slogan, which was 'Beer Booze Boogie', if I remember correctly.  I grew up not far from UB city campus.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, Wacka said:

Bring back the 10 cent wing!  In the 80s, a night out was $5.  20 wings and a pitcher!

When I was at Brockport in the early 80s, on Monday nights, Casey's 50 wings for five bucks, and $5 Genny pitchers.