PIZ

Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

On 3/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

Cuz complainers have to have some bull#### source for hopes of adding cred to their post

how about this Williams as early as 3 years ago was a very good ol

So apparently he gave up 12 sacks last year.  

If ever there were a reason to "complain"...

starters:  Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Ford - Williams

backups: Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, Bates, Boettger, Salako

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

This is a really solid group! They lack elite talent but have outstanding depth. Can the Bills even find a rookie OL starter in the draft outside the top 53 picks? Can any OL draft pick outside the top 85 picks even crack this roster's top 8?

I would be surprised if they draft an OL early now. Developmental practice squad type later in day 3 I can see. The battle between Bates and Boettger for the 9th and final roster spot there promises to be a good one. 

2 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

I think it’s really premature to declare Williams the starter at RT. I’m sure he’ll be part of the competition though.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, njbuff said:

I didn't know the Panthers played last week.

Thanks for telling us.

😀

Sorry but a twelve hour shift in 911 can make a person imperfect.  I meant last season.  Thanks for pointing in out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 AM, RealKayAdams said:

I don't see any way Feliciano is benched after how he performed last season. I think it's a 3 way competition between Williams, Ford, and Nskhe at RT. All will make the roster and be used. Especially with Williams and Ford's ability to slide inside.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Sorry but a twelve hour shift in 911 can make a person imperfect.  I meant last season.  Thanks for pointing in out.

Oof. Your hard work is GREATLY AND SINCERELY (I'm not kidding, for once) appreciated, but it's no reason to hop on a cross over a misused word.

• Meh 1

I can't see them keeping 11 OL.  And I'm not sure how (Victor) Salako figures to win a backup job.

Feliciano isn't losing that spot unless he's playing C. He was a beast all year and his versatility is great. What a steal he was last off season

That's a deep , versatile group of OL. Wow. Not too shabby

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Woah!   That is essentially a freebee contract.   

There is virtually no risk to the Bills, other than taking away snaps from someone else in training camp...

Posted (edited)

I was way off thinking they offered him $5.5M.  Great deal, especially if he can regain his 2017 form.

I'd say that they have around $19.5M in cap room accounting for the top-53.

Edited by Doc

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

$2.5 mil. Beane!! such a great contract for the Bills. I mean this is at worse a player that can be cut for next to nothing and at best he starts at RT if necessary. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Almost an identical deal to the one signed by Spain last offseason.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Oof. Your hard work is GREATLY AND SINCERELY (I'm not kidding, for once) appreciated, but it's no reason to hop on a cross over a misused word.

I was not hoping on a cross. Stating a fact and thanking him.

I wonder if McBeane isn't as happy with Feliciano as a lot of us think.

Which means with Williams signing, are the Bills in the market for drafting an IOL with one of their first 3 picks?

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Which means with Williams signing, are the Bills in the market for drafting an IOL with one of their first 3 picks?

Not sure it says anything about JF and if Williams is viewed as the guy to be the starting RT, you kick Ford inside.  They should be drafting OT.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

i'd say more unhappy with nietchke and being injured.  

On 4/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, gobills404 said:

I thought he played out of position at Left GUARD last year?

Maybe they moved him around? I know the Panthers OL was a mess last year and constantly shifting. Weird they wouldnt just put him back at RT to have at least one solid position. But maybe they figured Williams was good enough to move around and that was their best shot.