Bills signing Daryl Williams OT

PIZ

59 minutes ago, CSBill said:

How? I watched Ford play last year. But even more, I also watched Feliciano play. He was better, that's why.

So you’re just gonna totally ignore the fact that Ford played a different position and that players improve from year 1 to year 2? 

Cool. Great talk.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

How? I watched Ford play last year. But even more, I also watched Feliciano play. He was better, that's why.

Very small sample size of Ford at OG (I assume your not mixing apples and oranges for OG/OT)

THat said...no Jon should not lose his spot when he did everything he should to keep it.

I still say Ford is going to be a player

On 4/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, JerseyBills said:

Feliciano isn't losing that spot unless he's playing C. He was a beast all year and his versatility is great. What a steal he was last off season

For me, it's just an off-season projection based partly on Ford's draft report and partly on his rookie year performances at RG and RT. I think Ford has the highest ceiling of the 3 (Ford, Feliciano, Williams) at RG and Williams has the highest ceiling (a return to 2017 form) of the 3 at RT. So that's why I have Feliciano as the odd man out. It's a projection dependent on best-case scenarios. I'm not a Feliciano hater by any means.

I will say this, however: this Bills only had the 24th best offense last year and were mediocre in both allowed QB sack percentage and rushing yards per carry. Diggs, a younger Gore replacement, and more collective experience in Daboll's offense may not be enough to propel the offense into top 10 range. Maybe fielding the same starting OL lineup as last year is sufficient (Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Feliciano-Ford), but maybe the Bills will need an internal upgrade among Long, Nsekhe, Williams, and Bates.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

For me, it's just an off-season projection based partly on Ford's draft report and partly on his rookie year performances at RG and RT. I think Ford has the highest ceiling of the 3 (Ford, Feliciano, Williams) at RG and Williams has the highest ceiling (a return to 2017 form) of the 3 at RT. So that's why I have Feliciano as the odd man out. It's a projection dependent on best-case scenarios. I'm not a Feliciano hater by any means.

I will say this, however: this Bills only had the 24th best offense last year and were mediocre in both allowed QB sack percentage and rushing yards per carry. Diggs, a younger Gore replacement, and more collective experience in Daboll's offense may not be enough to propel the offense into top 10 range. Maybe fielding the same starting OL lineup as last year is sufficient (Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Feliciano-Ford), but maybe the Bills will need an internal upgrade among Long, Nsekhe, Williams, and Bates.

Nice logic.  The OL, except maybe Morse, are all very average.  Not all 1st rounders like what Dallas put together a few years back.

The Bill's have seen worse but another stud or two would be great

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was gifted reps. Same with Ed Oliver early on. Oliver eventually lost reps, but gained them back.

You can't gift reps to somebody in OTAs. Everybody is Working hard

In fact Oliver came into minicamp and OTAs as a backup. He wasn't gifted a starting job out the gate

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can't gift reps to somebody in OTAs. Everybody is Working hard

In fact Oliver came into minicamp and OTAs as a backup. He wasn't gifted a starting job out the gate

He was. He picked up his game as the year went on but others deserved more game time early on. Ford was also gifted reps and would have lost his job if injuries didn't keep him in.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede